Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2001, 06:25 PM   #46  

Meme...I like to get back on a "program" too once I have tried to be "normal" and slip up. You would think we would learn our lesson and just always stay on some regiment, but it it so hard. I wish you luck.
Mima....never heard of pain in the jaw as a warning sign of heart attack in women. Learn something new everyday. Now don't tell us this lady was a health nut....
Joanne.....pig outs. I thought I had them out of my system with my cookie attack, but I can tell it will be a popcorn (butter) night for me too.
The end of a long week.
Anyone watching football? I am going to a bar/restaurant to watch my cute little Doug Flutie and the San Diego Chargers on Sunday. It is never on regular TV here on the East Coast so a bunch of people from work are going to do a "take over" of the TVs at this place. We will all order lots of snack foods....can I handle that????
I'll try. Have a good weekend...
Old 10-06-2001, 02:32 AM   #47  

I have a wedding to get through tomorrow and a BD dinner party on Sunday then it is "boot camp" for me. Have any of you ever heard of Marilu Henner's "Total Health Makeover"? It is worse than boot camp actually! The first four days you can have NO meat, dairy, sugar or alcohol. The dairy and alcohol won't be a problem but the other 2... Then after that you do food combining. It mainly goes: Fruit for Breakfast, Protein for lunch and Carbs for dinner. You combine your foods (except for fruit...can't eat anything but fruit with fruit and have to be careful how you combine them, even. Citrus with citrus and melon with melon, ect. With protein you can eat only non starchy veggies no carbs and with carbs you can eat only veggies no meat. Lots of soy, whole wheat and salads. I did this for 6 weeks once and lost nearly 20 pounds and felt wonderful. Unfortunately...it is too hard to stick forever and once I went off I WENT OFF! This time I'm going to follow it exactly for the 30 days the book outlines and then follow it mostly after that going of for occasional celebrations and dinners out. I can tell you right now I am not looking forward to the next 30 days!!! But I feel like this is necessary for me right now. I have felt worse this year than I ever have in my whole life and I'm so sick and tired of always being sick and tired. So...please...if you feel the need to criticize this strict regimen...don't! I already know it is drastic but, believe it or not, it is also very healthy!!! At this point, I need some strict structure and not have to "think" about what I'm doing...just put it on cruise and go with it. If I can't have it, I can't have it...no guesswork! I think without Jenna here every day, just 2 days a week, it will be a lot easier. Hubby has promised me a trip to Gatlinburg to see the Christmas Pagent at The Dixie Stampede in Dec. if I stick it out!!! So...wish me luck.

I think he had a good BD...he was 56 today! I got him a new Bible and we went to Red Lobster to eat then to a movie...whatever you do DON'T go see "The Others"...it was so awful!!!

I dread the wedding tomorrow so bad...it's his boss' son and he is such a spoiled brat loser!!!!!!! But...have to go! Then I have to clean the whole house and shop for the dinner Sunday...have 13 people coming here to eat. YUCK!!! Oh well...at least my house will get cleaned!

Enough (too much) for now...I'm nervous and tend to rattle on an on...I'm sorry...'nite all.
Old 10-06-2001, 06:59 AM   #48  

Default Good morning

Hello-finally was good yesterday-I walked with my aunt-more than 1 and a half hours inall-I do time instead of distance-banked 8 pts for the Chinese restaurant for tonight. I still find myself crying when someone talks about someone lost in the tragedy.Anyone else? I think I'll go to mass this morning-that always makes me feel better.I still have my girlfriend on my mind and my friend in the hospital in Northampton.It will be nice to go out with my kids. My son is so upbeat and funny.My daughter's employer invited me to dinner with them next week-what a nice thing to do. I have never even met her. I need nurturing I can tell. Bye for now. Have a good day everyone. Meme-3 people sent me the thing about what to do about Osama-and then I heard it on tv. Mima
Old 10-06-2001, 01:42 PM   #49  

Meme....I do indeed wish you luck. I haven't read that book by Marilee (or however you spell her name) but I saw an infomercial and if that is what she is doing to make her look so good...more power to you.
She is another actress (like Judith Light) who used to be chubby. I can listen to diet advice from those people so much better than those people who have always been able to maintain their weight. They just do NOT understand.
I will go to San Francisco with my sister-in-law this Friday and I love her to death but she weighs about 120 or less and has never ever had a weight problem. You can see why too. She never overeats. In restaurants, she always gives half of her meal to my brother (who is in need of a diet big time). Now she won't be able to do that with me....you know that would not be politically correct to hand your overweight sister-in-law the rest of your meal, although undoubtedly I could eat it. So I will feel like Miss Piggy cause I will eat every thing on my plate AND, I eat three meals a day. She eats one. Lots of coffee and ice tea and cigarettes, but NO FOOD.
She will never make me feel fat intentionally though....and she always says "oh, you look better than you think you do" although the mirror tells me diferent. But she is 5 years older than me, looks ten years younger and can wear a size 6. I can wear a size 16 if I hold my breath.
So anyway Meme.....you go girl!!! am a diet guru and even though I have never found the exactly perfect way of eating, I still get enthusiastic about a new one to try.
Old 10-06-2001, 06:32 PM   #50  

Default Hello everyone

Meme - don't worry - not lecture. You just do whatever you have to do to lose weight. What is right for one, isn't right for everyone, or there would only be one diet (lol). You will be fine. You sound motivated and so am I, so maybe this time we will succeed. Ally is in there with us as well.

Hi Candice, Joanne, Mima, Ophelia, and Ally. Hope you are all having a nice weekend. I am entertaining my little grand daughter. We went and played at the beach this afternoon for a couple of hours. She had such fun with all the leaves, and she took popcorn to feed the seagulls. She really enjoys doing that. There must have been a 1000 of them down there. It is quite a site. Then tonight, around 7:00 p.m.. the Canada Geese come honking by, to land in the farmers field just west of us.

Anyway everyone, enjoy yourselves.
Old 10-07-2001, 03:16 AM   #51  

Go to New Thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread