Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 03:00 AM   #76  

Heh, heh, heh ... been a while since I got a note from the principle ... matter of fact, don't think that has EVER happened!

Don't worry ... decided not to get the 'twister' ... don't want to wind up in the hospital from over rotating my 'facet' joints! Having enough trouble with all my other joints without knocking my back out!

I ordered some of those peppermint oil capsules from amazon ... haven't gotten them yet, though. I thought I was safe with what I ate today, had Slimfast, chicken strips and chicken salad sandwich. Still not feeling the best in the world. Tomorrow I'll try oatmeal and egg whites ... slimfast (milk) may not be a good choice.

We have a stray dog ... I put Sami on the porch at 1 A.M. & shut the gate to keep them apart and the other stupid dog kept me up half the night last night barking at her ... right outside my window. Gonna go see if I can get some sleep.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:54 AM   #77  

Barking dog!!! Not good for sleep along with snoring husbands and panting dogs. Not sleeping through, back to the den.
Yeah, I got 2 days work, maybe more. I do want to see my friends. Lots of stores in the area to shop!!!!!
Yum, yum, Thanksgiving meal-you are so good Anne. Our thanksgiving is the 23rd. Nice amd early to get ready for Fl. Don't want to miss the Christmas Pageant which is early in December.
walked with Auntie-nice and brisk. But the soup had onions at lunch-can't tolerate them.
Hope your stomache is better, Chris. I will have a real test of mine when i go away. Problem is that I get week and eat the cookies which are made of wheat. 2 days is good. We invited the Couple Bible Study group to come that week. I will have to get ready ahead and threaten my husband to keep it clean. LOL
I get my pepermint oil at the Health food store-12 $ for a bottle which would last a month but I don't take them all the time. Sure stops the cramps. DR. Andrew Weil also recommends them. He is holistic. I will take all my ammunition to work.
Poured last night!! Mima
Old 10-12-2006, 10:21 AM   #78  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

Height: 5'4"

I am a mess right now. I have been trying too hard to loss weight and am paying the price now. I had worked up to walking on the treadmill for 5 minutes 4 times a day. Back went out on me night before last. All of the fruit I am eating has the IBS working overtime. I have to back off some. As usual I know I can't do things like a normal person but I try. I know better but have to learn the lesson all over again.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:00 PM   #79  

Meme, I think that is probably a good idea about the twister. I'd think what you had to eat today would have been safe too. Hmmm. No barking dogs around us, just the train that isn't very far away. Some nights I never hear it, but those other nights are awful.

Mima, I love onions. I'll have to remember that if I ever invite you over for supper. lol

Chris, cut back on how long you do, but maybe do it more often? I don't know really. Sorry about your back. Don't try to lose too fast. Slow and steady is what my doctor told me. I'd love to get it all off of me before the new year, but I know that isn't logical for me.

Cold today. Tim called after percussion practice and said that they froze! The director let them leave about 30 minutes early. 1 1/2 hours out in the cold was bad enough, so I guess he felt sorry for them.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:17 AM   #80  

It's cold here today!!!Got shopping for Keith finished and bought a lot of Christmas bags in the dollar store-hate wrapping. When i get to FL-if we ever get there, I will only have to do The FL people.
Couples Bible study tonight-i have started to clean for my turn in Nov. Hope it stays ok-Brad is out working!
Oh, Chris, I always hurt myself too. Walking and swimming seem to be the only things I can do safely. Hope you heal. My doc gave me Bentyl for the cramps in Diverticulosis but it calms my stomache for IBS. Really, you have to get Peppermint oil capsules/
Hey Tammy, it's Friday!! Anne, are you back to work? Joanne, what is your quilt like and who is it for? Mima
Old 10-13-2006, 10:37 AM   #81  

Good morning Fibropals.

Mima - I don't start back to work until 24 Oct, then I will work Mon, Tue, Thurs and Fri. I hope I will be able to do that. It will be 9:00 - 5:30 p.m. I can only earn $800.00 this month as I applied for my Canada Pension. Two months earning this amount. Made it through Sept and now working on Oct. After that it won't matter what I earn. Just a stupid rule to make everything more complicated. If I was 65, it wouldn't have matter WHAT I did.

I love wrapping presents. That's the best part about them

Tammy - How cold was it, for heaven sakes!!!! It has been around 30 here during the day, yesterday a little warmer, but still in the late 30's. I was just out walking around in my sweater. Nice day.

Chris - I hear you about the pain. That is what happens to me. After two or three days of doing exercies, my body rebels and the pain sets in. Try the Metamucil with Physillum in it. Physillium is fiber and it keeps you full. It won't cause you have any diarreaha but will help keep you regular. It isn't a laxative.

Meme - Dogs barking alnight is downright annoying. Hope it has stopped now. I hope you are starting to feel better again.

Joanne - I shudder to think of the fate that is awaiting all these people who have had to pay $350,000-450,000. just for a starter home. I know I couldn't afford it. I really don't know how they will ever pay for it. When the bubble bursts, and they always do, so many will lose their jobs and their homes and all their toys. Nobody seems content anymore just to have a regular life. They all want the "rich" life style. Credit cards are maxed out and the stress of having to pay for allthis stuff must be horrific.

I had a very busy day yesterday. Went to the Chiro, then for a massage. My upper back muscles are wratched. Had a massage on Saturday as well, as it felt like my upper back was going to collaspe. The pain was from under the shoulder into the ribs in the front and down to the waist. Feels much better this morning. Then, I went to my naturpath. At least my energy seems to have returned. I like going to her, because she advises what I need in supplements. So many won't work unless you take something else with them. Anyway, feeling a lot better lately. The yeast is subsiding. I will soon be 1/2 way through the program. So far I have lost just over 10 pounds in less than a month. First time I have been able to lose anything in 7 years. I am very happy.

I hope you all have a good day.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:22 PM   #82  

Fridays are great especially since we didn't have school today!
It was around 30 degrees with the wind really blowing. I think they said the wind chill was about 15. Too cool for me!

Anne, good for you for losing that much that fast! Way to go!!

I'm getting ready to head for Wal Mart. Trying to figure out meals for the weekend. My nephew is here, and he's kind of picky. Hope he doesn't starve while he's here!
Old 10-13-2006, 01:48 PM   #83  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for everyone's concern about my pain. Yesterday I had planned on not walking on the treadmill and starting over today...and starting at a lower time period. Unfortunately yesterday my IBS kicked into overdrive and I had by far my worse case of it. So today is another day off from the treadmill to recoup.

Tammy--How is your nephew? I hope not a teenager. I remember when my boys were teens. All that junk. Good luck.

Happy Canuk--Glad to hear you have lost some weight. It is exciting to get see those losses.

Mima--I don't do Christmas shopping. I give the kids (teens and 20s now) gift certificates or a check. I don't like the holidays. To me they are way to commericalized. Here it is mid October and the stores are putting Christmas items out already. I don't decorate since it is just hubby and I. My cats (3 black females) would tear them up. If I had my way I would go to sleep about now and get up in March.

Meme too--I have recently heard that Peppermint capsules are good for IBS. Why are you taking them?

It is cold here today....53 right now and it is to get to freezing tonight. I had to turn the heat on for the first time since March or so. I really hate having to turn it on but it was only 60 in here this morning.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:46 PM   #84  

Default Hey There

Chris- I know how you feel with the IBS.. I ate some chilly tonight and I can feel it kicking in. But it really is hard to say what will set me off. What does this week may not next week..I am not so fond of the upcoming holidays.. Too much work!
Mima- The quilt is going to my daughter. About 20+ years ago she found an old in good shape donut designed topper . She kept it on a quilt rack. She asked me to make a quilt out of it. I first had to make a quilt with muslin. I put large sun flower designs on it (quilting). When that was done I started adding the donut top to the opposite side.It will have 2 good sides.She will have the donut side up. That is almost done and then I will bind it.. Lots of work. It is bed size.It seems that all my projects are large.
Happy Good weight loss. I am just trying to lose 5 lbs and can't seem to.
Hello all and have a good weekend...Joanne
Old 10-14-2006, 01:06 AM   #85  

This was interesting, and NO, it ISN'T something I thought about

Have you ever noticed gals who sit their purses on public restroom floors
that go directly to their dining tables? Happens a lot!
It's not always the 'restaurant food' that causes stomach distress.
Sometimes "what you don't know 'will' hurt you"!
Read on...Mom got so upset when a guest came in the door and plopped their
purses down on the counter where she was cooking or setting up the buffet.
She always said that purses are really dirty, because of Where they have
been. Smart Momma!!!

It's something just about every woman carries with them. While we may know
what's inside our purses, do you have any idea what's on the outside?
Shauna Lake put purses to the test - for bacteria -with surprising
results. You may think twice about where you put your purse. Women carry
purses everywhere; from the office to public restrooms to the floor of the
car. Most women won't be caught without their purses, but did you ever stop
to think about where your purse goes during the day?

"I drive a school bus, so my purse has been on the floor of the bus a lot,"
says one woman. "On the floor of my car, probably in restrooms." "I put my
purse in grocery shopping carts, on the floor of bathroom stalls while
changing a diaper," says another woman and of course in my home which
should be clean."

We decided to find out if purses harbor a lot of bacteria. We learned how
to test them at Nelson Laboratories in Salt Lake, then we set out to test
the average woman's purse.

most women told us they didn't stop to think about what was on the bottom
of their purse. Most said they usually set their purses on top of kitchen
tables and counters where food is prepared. Most of the ladies we talked to
told us they wouldn't be surprised if their purses were at least a little
bit dirty.

It turns out purses are so surprisingly dirty, even the microbiologist who
tested them was shocked. Microbiologist Amy Karen of Nelson Labs says
nearly all of the purses tested were not only high in bacteria, but
high in harmful kinds of bacteria.

Pseudomonas can cause eye infections, staphylococcus aurous can cause
serious skin infections, and salmonella and e-coli found on the purses
could make people very sick. In one sampling, four of five purses tested
positive for salmonella, and that's not the worst of it. "There is fecal
contamination on the purses," says Amy.
Leather or vinyl purses tended to be cleaner than cloth purses, and
lifestyle seemed to play a role. People with kids tended to have dirtier
purses than those without, with one exception. The purse of one single
woman who frequented nightclubs had one of the worst contaminations of all.
"Some type of feces, or even possibly vomit or something like that," says
Amy.
So the moral of this story - your purse won't kill you, but it does has the
potential to make you very sick if you keep it on places where you eat. Use
hooks to hang your purse at home and in restrooms, and don't put it on your
desk, a restaurant table, or on your kitchen countertop.

Experts say you should think of your purse the same way you would a pair of
shoes. "If you think about putting a pair of shoes onto your countertops,
that's the same thing you're doing when you put your purse on the
countertops" - your purse has gone where every individual before you has
spat, coughed, urinated, emptied bowels, etc! Do you really want to bring
that home with you?

The microbiologists at Nelson also said cleaning a purse will help. Wash
cloth purses and use leather cleaner to clean the bottom of leather purses.

THIS IS WORTH SHARING!!!

Old 10-14-2006, 01:25 AM   #86  

Default Trigger Point And Referred Pain Chart

Take a look at this and maybe you can relieve some of the pain.

http://www.triggerpoints.net/_sgt/m1_1.htm
Old 10-14-2006, 08:04 AM   #87  

Good morning-it's 30 here!!!
Anne, we have the same rules about collecting-Brad has to be careful -next year he will be free.
Bible Studt was great-when we separated for prayer, some of the women sred stuff you wouldn't realize-of course it's all confidential. You never can tell-course I didn't share about the argument we had about talking on the phone 2 hours before we left.
Supposed to go to a party for one of the church members. Brad is working at his other church. We have a challenge to do something together during the next 2 weeks. Usually we each do our own thing at church and support each other. I was thinking of taking his other sister to church. She has no car.
Got up late but went to bed late.
Bye Mima
Old 10-14-2006, 11:40 AM   #88  

Good morning and a good morning it is! I lost 2 pounds overnight. I am ecstatic to say the least. I haven't been able to lose any weight for so many years. I feel like I have been released from a prison. I just pray it continues.

Chris - I was thinking about you this morning. Have you tried probiotics? That will put the healthy bacteria into the gut. I know this has helped me over the years. They are inexpensive and do soooo much good. Yogurt has the bacteria as well, but not near enough.

Tammy - nice to have Fridays off. I should have been smarter and asked for THAT instead of Wednesday, but then, I don't know if I could work 4 full days in a row. I somehow doubt it.

Joanne - that quilt sounds nice. I should try my hand at quilting one day - just don't have time now. A gal that I work with does the most beautiful quilts. She gave the lab one, and it hangs on the wall of the coffee room.

I baked my Christmas cakes yesterday. They turned out beautifully. They are all wrapped and ready to mellow out until December.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:02 PM   #89  

please Don't Post Here - Starting A New Thread #160.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:28 PM   #90  

Here is the link to the new thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95966
Closed Thread