Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 08-11-2006, 07:44 AM   #1  
Cutieshirl

Default stressed and weight climbing....HELP!

Ok, so I have been gaining weight for about the last month or so to a total of 5 pounds..........the meds seem to be fine, no symptoms, but I have stress coming out my ears.......mom in the hospital with heart failure, so she is 82 and we are trying to get her into a nursing home, not that easy, lots of runarounds there and to top it all off she is complaining to me with phone calls at least 5 times a day from the room is cold to the pills are gonna kill her. I try to reason with her, even have told her that she is making me ill but she doesn't listen and then says that she has it worse........I went to see my dr and he says it is stress, but to take a walk etc...........easier said then done, its still in your mind never gone the conversations with her, drs, etc...........HELP! Any suggestions to help me as trying to reason with her is not working........I have cut it back to seeing her only every 3rd day, but she still calls and I finally had to lie to her and tell her that I have a job during the day so she doesn't call in the daytime, but then makes up for it at night!!!
cutieshirl40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:53 AM   #2  
cheenamom

S/C/G: 249.8/196.2/150

Height: 5ft.4in.

Deat cutieshirl40: I can completely identify with you...call us the "sandwich girls"..I have 2 boys and have to help care for my aging parents and what a mess of a society do we live in today..i wont go on and on but i think you know what i mean...please feel free to contact me and maybe we can share some laughs...yes, there can be humor in this life and don't give up on the diet!
cheenamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 02:31 PM   #3  

Do you have caller ID? Can you screen your calls? Then you can not answer if it is your mom and it is convenient for you. Your doctor is right. A walk is really important. Stress raises your blood glucose levels, and a host of other things that are not good for you. Walking helps reduce the effects of stress. Even if you are thinking about it while walking, it is STILL helping. It may even motivate you to walk faster! I am so sorry you have to deal with this kind of stress. I hope it all works out. In the meantime, remind yourself that stress eating does NOT make you feel better, only worse! Take care of yourself by eating right.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote