Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 07-18-2006, 12:35 PM   #1  

Default Sad and desperately need advice- out of remission from a condition that has no name

I'm so frustrated. I'm being passed along from doctor to doctor. I'm sick, I know i am, i can feel it. What do you do when no one wants to listen and see the whole picture?
susie_sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:18 PM   #2  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

don't give up hope! Keep looking for a doctor who WILL listen and who will help you find the problem. Best wishes for a recovery!
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/234/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Sad

Don't give up.... unfortunatley you just haven't found the Right Doctor. It took me forever and a lot of $$ before they finally slapped a diagnois on me haha and then I find out there is NOTHING they can do about it! Talk about a universal joke - I feel like the Butt of them all. You will one day, find someone who will go out on a limb and suggest a diagnois hopefully when that does happen there will be something they can do for you. From experience I can tell you, Knowing isn't always a good thing. Just having someone Believe in you is what is necessary. If you feel sick - keep at them remember (the squeaky wheel gets the grease) if you say nothing you will get nothing. I Believe you if that is any help?
Patricia A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Sort of the same here. I have fibromyalgia, and a mystery autoimmune disease (which may or may not be in remission) damaging my sinuses. While the fibromyalgia was diagnosed fairly early (perhaps too early as there were tests that should have been run at the start, that weren't ordered until I saw a neurologist two years after the first diagnosis), the autoimmune disorder has neither been identified or treated (and unless the damage to the sinuses spreads to other areas or does more damage, it won't be because autoimmune treatments can be as bad as the disease).

Keep talking to your doctors, a health journal can help, not only to show them, but to learn about yourself. I wrote down everything I ate, how I felt, where I felt pain and how severe it was, my moods, the temperature, the weather, how much exercise and what kind I did, how long and well I slept, whether I took naps, how many, and how long what happened that day.....

It seems like a lot, but it doesn't take more than a few minutes every day, and you will see patterns emerge. I bought the journal called Health Minder from amazon.com, but later developed my own. Over time, I began to see my triggers (poor sleep, not resting when I need to, weather and some foods).

Look for support groups for people with similar symptoms. It doesn't matter if you end up with a different diagnosis in the end, you will get alot of support from people who understand what you are going through.

If you suspect an autoimmune disease, for example, there are alot of support groups not only for the specific disorders, but autoimmune disorders in general.

The best suggestion I can give you, is to never think you are crazy. You know your body more than anyone else. And even if none of your doctors can catch your disorder in the act, so to speak, in order to get a diagnosis, there are still things you can do to improve and take control of your health. The journal, really gave me a sense of ownership in my health, and I took it with me to all of my appointments. Some doctors were interested in looking at it, some could care less, but it was my evidence of what was going on in my body. And even when the doctors didn't learn anything from it, I did.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:48 PM   #5  

I suppose it's hard to find doctors in rural Manitoba. You might try researching your symptoms online. See if anything looks like what you have, and mention that condition to your doctor. Request any tests that are used to diagnose the condition.

If there are lifestyle treatments for it that you can just do on your own, try them and see if they help. Nothing risky, but it cutting out a certain food or trying an herbal supplement or doing healing visualizations could help, hey, why not?

There are medical message boards where you can post your symptoms. People with similar ones may have suggestions for you.

If you can afford it, consider traveling to a major city or university medical center to be evaluated there.

Meanwhile, you know that simply eating right and working to get the excess weight off can only help. (Sez I, with my own oddball cluster of medical problems and need to lose weight.)
Siena1383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:47 PM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I agree, keep searching for the right physician who knows what the problem is. I became very ill 3 1/2 yrs. ago. I went to a general physician, was sent to a dermatologist. He was absolutely no help. Then was sent to a gastroenterologist. He was no help. Then was sent to hepatologist and he knew exactly what my diagnosis was after ordering the proper tests. Many times it's a guessing game for them too. But, I finally did get proper diagnosis and proper treatment. So, don't give up. Good luck to you and I am hoping for better health and well-being for you.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm no doctor and I don't know what all you're dealing with but what about wholistic stuff, a naturopath? a food allergist? and don't discount depressive type illnesses. I had buckets of vague symptoms before I got mine under control.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:00 PM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

Have you considered starting a journal to document the dr's visits, your symptoms on a daily basis, things that dr's have ruled out etc? Might be worth a try. Detailed records may help them to make a diagnosis. I know it's hard for me to be specific about symptoms unless i write them down and really think about them all.

My mil just went through over a month of testing, wrong diagnosis, etc to find out she has Lupus. She started off with a trip to the ER for what she thought was a heart attack! Never know where things might lead you.
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 06:16 PM   #9  

What symptoms are you dealing with? Maybe someone else on here is familiar?
Shalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 300+/300/180

Height: 5'5"

I know a something that will clear up your aliments but it is non conventional and it worked for my mom's lupus, my sinsusities and migrane headaches. and i have not been sick since i use this device. called a zapper pm me if intrested in. it works wonders it gave me back my energy that was drained from me. It kills off viruses and bacteria and parisites.
Ellsworthcj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:35 PM   #11  

If that doesn't sound like a medical hoax/scam I don't know what does. Some bacteria are necessary to the body for one thing. Why haven't we heard of this cureall in all the news reports, magazines and newspapers? Zapper - more like zap your bank account.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:04 PM   #12  
Mel

Ha! Just what I was thinking!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 05:29 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 300+/300/180

Height: 5'5"

http://www.curezone.com/ has tons of information about all things try it. i would get in to this a bit more but no it is not a scam i also use the zapper
Ellsworthcj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:22 AM   #14  

Angry Yes, it IS a scam. One that is very dangerous to real sick people.

My two sisters in law are into this and they are just as sick as anyone else in the world. It is a scam.
Those two girls also almost killed their little sister by insisting on only using "natural" "cures" to "heal" her from Lupus.
She almost died due to a severe lack of common sense.
Common sense that says a little shock from a 9 volt batery is NOT going to cure anyone.
Sorry if I seem harsh but if you could have seen the condition of that poor girl on the day her father finally took her to the hospital.
I have NEVER seen anyone so sick in all my life that didn't die.

Read for yourself.
http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...cer/clark.html

Phony Devices
Clark is also using and promoting two devices. Her Syncrometer is claimed to identify diseased organs and toxic substances by noting whether the device makes various sounds when "test substances" are placed on a plate [4:373-427]. The device is simply a galvanometer that measures skin resistance to a low-voltage current that passes from the device through a probe touched to the patient's hand. Various models for home use can either be commercially purchased or made by the patient. Clark's "Zapper" is a low-voltage device that supposedly kills parasites, bacteria, and viruses with electrical energy, but does not harm human tissue. Its use is based on Clark's notion that all living things broadcast a characteristic range of radio frequencies and that the device can issue counter-frequencies that kill unwanted organisms [7]. Neither device has any genuine diagnostic or therapeutic value.

Clark's books, herbal products, and "Zapper" devices said to be built to her specifications are marketed through many Web sites, one of which is the Self Help Resource Center, administered by Clark's son Geoff. The Self-Health Research Center's "Testing Division" offers "synchrometer classes" twice a week, "scheduled as needed," for $175 [8]. Geoff also issues certificates for Zapper devices that are "within specifications found in Dr. Clark's books." The devices range in price from about $10 for a simple model to more than $200 for devices that also make colloidal silver. Her ideas are also advocated by the Dr. Clark Research Association, a group founded in 1998 by David P. Amrein, a Scientologist who describes himself as a freelance consultant in finance and taxes. Membership, which costs $40 per year, includes a subscription to the Dr. Clark Research Association Bulletin, which Amrein edits. The November 1999 issue stated that the Bulletin had a circulation of 1,500.

The picture to the right shows some of the paraphernalia purchased by a couple who reported wasting more than $30,000 in a desperate attempt to cure their child after Clark promised to "determine the true cause of the disease" and "clear this up completely." The items include a book, a videotape, 2 syncrometers, 2 zappers, 5 boxes of microscope slides, and 24 vials of substances that Clark falsely claimed would treat various parts of the child's body. The large box is a Radio Shack kit used to make a home-made syncrometer. Most of the other items were purchased from the Self Help Resource Center. The white box is labeled "SyncroZap Pulse Generator: For research only. Not approved for use on humans."

In 2004, the New England Journal of Medicine reported that a 52-year-old man with a cardiac pacemaker had experienced episodes of dizziness and near-fainting when he used a "Zapper" device. His doctors found that the device caused the pacemaker to malfunction and disturb the patient's heart rhythm. The device had been sold with a warning about pacemakers, but the patient ignored the warning [10]."

In January 2003, the FTC charged the Dr. Clark Association, Behandlungzentrum GMbH (a Swiss company), and David Amrein (who is the sole officer and director of both) with falsely advertising devices and herbal products related toClark's theories [26]. The complaint, filed in an Ohio federal court, alleges that the defendants made unsubstantiated representations that:

A.The Super-Zapper Deluxe device is effective to kill bacteria, viruses, and parasites in the human body, and is effective against chronic infections, cancer, and AIDS. - LIE!
B. The Super-Zapper Deluxe, used with the Complete Herbal Parasite Program, is effective to cure all forms of cancer in humans and to cure AIDS. - LIE!
C. The Super-Zapper Deluxe, used with the Complete Herbal Parasite Program and avoidance of pollutants, is effective to cure diabetes, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's, endometriosis, asthma, and many other diseases. - LIE!
D. Dr. Clark's New 21 Day Program for Advanced Cancers is effective to cure all forms of cancer in humans; has cured many people diagnosed with advanced cancer; and when used with the Super-Zapper Deluxe, make surgery and chemotherapy unnecessary. - LIE!
E. The Syncrometer device is more accurate than the best testing methods at diagnosing all forms of disease; and can detect the presence of any substance at specific points in the human body. - LIE!
aschenbrodel is offline   Reply With Quote