Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 06-02-2006, 09:06 PM   #1  

Default Anyone ever have "Baker's Cyst" or achilles problems?

I was just hoping someone may have some experience or info on either of these conditions. I've been faithfully doing WW and exercising since January doing walk aerobics with Walk Away the Pounds videos and also doing eliptical for 1/2 hour. All of a sudden these past 2 wks, my achilles on my right side is getting a dull pain at times, but not always. I stretch everyday, so it's not like I'm not stretching these muscles daily. It is mostly just uncomfortable when I go up or downstairs and if I kneel like when I'm gardening. Now today, I have a recurrence of discomfort in my left leg behind the knee with some puffiness which my dr. told me a few yrs. ago was a Baker's Cyst. I know you are not dr's , and I do plan on going next week to have both checked. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with either problem and if it takes long for them to go away-if they ever do.
ripples57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:58 AM   #2  

I have Baker's Cysts also. Happened after a fall. Something in the back of my knees was torn and the cysts came through the opening. Behind one knee it was VERY painful for about 1 month but is getting better. Behind the other knee it hurts just a tad. Both are very swollen. There is no real treatment for them. If it is really bothersome the doctor can drain or cut them out but that doesn't mean they won't come back. I am told by the doctor that they are common. Something I did not know until I got them. In fact, the doctor who told me this also told me his MIL had one so bad it was softball size.
doxrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:42 PM   #3  

OUCH!! So sorry you have it in both knees. Mine didn't come from any one incident I suppose. My DR told me 2 yrs. ago that I had it when I had some discomfort ABOVE the knee when sitting. It wasn't really painful-just uncomfortable. The only good thing is it keeps me off my "arse" most of the time. I've had a cold for 3 days and today I did my WATP video but only 15 minutes. I can't believe how quickly I lost some of my strength! Guess I'll try to do more later after the little ones I watch go home for the day. Thanks for the info.
ripples57 is offline   Reply With Quote