overcoming COE

• okay so i was living in denial.....i never realised that i had COE, so now im trying so hard to stop bingeing and im doing so well, i havent binged in over a week, sometimes its hard but im sticking to eating something every 2 hours, so anyway my problem is i still want to lose weight as well as recover from my disorder. however i havent lost anything in a week, im eating breakfast, then a snack, then lunch, then a snack, then dinner and a snack. All of the foods im eating are healthy. things like musili (sorry cant spell) and chickn and salad sandwhiches. i have also been exercising alot 3 times a week for an hour each which is alot for me. but i dont understand why i havent lost anything. im wondering if i will start loosing in a couple of weeks or if i have completly screwed up my body and wont be able to lose weight.....does anyone have any suggestions on what i can change or has anyone delt with this before????
  • I have COE as well. Battling it has been just that...a battle. But I'm in a good place right now, eating well, eating normal portions and losing weight.

Even if you're eating healthy foods, it may still be that your portions are more than allow you to lose weight. I found that when I was eating every couple hours. It was helping to keep me from binging, but overall I was still eating more than I needed.

I would give it a little time where you're at. Maybe you could try making the snacks a bit smaller (or the meals a bit smaller) to see if that will make a difference. Also, check in with what physical level you're eating to (are you "still hungry", "satisfied", "full" or "stuffed"). That might help you eat a little less overall.

Also, make sure you're not eating too little. That will also stall any weight loss (and lower your metabolism).

Good luck with it. I know that I was working on my binging for a long time before I was able to lose weight (but everyone is different).
  • Hi,

there is a great forum here on 3FC for people who have problems with bingeing. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64
    It is under the chicks in control. there are some wonderful, supportive people who are dealing with bingeing

Good luck!