Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 04-20-2006, 12:05 AM   #1  
Woman on mission!

Height: 5'9

Default Candida

Hello,
I have Candida therefore I can't eat many Foods especially Carbohydrates so it seems all I eat is baked Meats,some Vegetables and little Fruit(Citrus type).I do add Brown,Basmati and Wild Rice occasionally.You'd think as little I eat I'd weigh 10 pounds but it's not the case.Maybe the Candida running rampant is keeping the weight on?I just started erradicating not long ago so hopefully I will see results soon.I have read in a few Books and online various different Candida Diets.Some say no Prunes,Raisins,Figs,Dates,Peanuts etc then others say yes..it gets very confusing!Does or has anyone here had Candida and what were things you did?
Butter_Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:23 AM   #2  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

I have heard of this and from what I read is a build up of Candida in the system does cause you to gain weight. Dont they have cleanses for that sort of thing? I never knew it was actually an illness, I just thought it was the bacteria from antibiotics that killed the good bacteria in your intestines?!
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:44 AM   #3  
Woman on mission!

Height: 5'9

Yes there are Cleanses/Detoxes I just haven't bought any or did them yet.I try to do as much I can but can't do everything all at once cos of the cost.
Butter_Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 03:01 PM   #4  

The Dr. can give you a prescription for Diflucan. You may have to take it for awhile before it kills of the yeast. It is very tough to get rid of. I, also, seem to be plagued with it. Mine was caused from Cortisone shots. I didn't know, until I went to a dermatologist, that cortisone causes yeast to spead very quickly. I can't get rid of it, and yes, it causes fluid retention. Good luck on your endeavors.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 02:13 PM   #5  
Pinkroses

I haven't heard of this can you explain a little about it? I hope you can figure out the right nurtion to help. My thoughts are with you. PINKROSES.
pinkroses is offline   Reply With Quote