Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 03-13-2006, 03:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 286/160/145

Default Dieting with a Cold

Okay, so a head cold may not be a real "obstacle," but I'm wondering if anyone else has a problem with overeating when they have one. I'm suffering from a nasty cold - stuffy nose, scratchy throat, and all-over achiness - and I'm having trouble with overeating. Basically, I eat until I'm stuffed - way past the point of "full" to the point where my stomach says "no more, please!" It's like, if I can't taste the food (which I can't since I'm all congested), I can't control how much of it I take in. Anybody else have this problem?
bluedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:37 PM   #2  
Finding Me

Hey sorry to hear that you have a nasty head cold and hope you feel better!! However when I am sick I am the completely different ....I lose my appetite completly!!
Lost_here84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/185/130

hey sorry to hear that you are sick.

i actually find that when i'm sick i'm more lethargic and i don't eat, i also don't exercise.

i would suggest just drinking alot of liquids, green tea, juice.
hope that you feel better soon!!
<3
laurenporvida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 08:51 PM   #4  

Cool

Feed a cold. Starve a fever. I'm more likely to want comfort food when I have a cold. I'm normally not a soup eater but I love chicken noodle soup and usually a sandwich - bland like egg salad - to provide mouth comfort. Maybe if you eat soup or liquids first, you will fill up faster and not do so much damage. Hope you're better soon.
sapphire9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 11:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 286/160/145

Thank you for the get well wishes! I'm still battling my cold AND the overwhelming desire to overeat. I keep wanting warm stuff (warm bread, soup). FOr some reason, when I'm sick, I just never feel full. I know that it's pretty much the opposite of what most people feel. I think it has something to do with not being able to smell or taste what I'm eating. When I can't smell or taste it, for some reason it doesn't seem to register as "eaten" and I don't get full. Oh well, hopefully it'll go away soon!
bluedevil is offline   Reply With Quote