Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 04-03-2006, 06:20 PM   #61  

Default Long Post (sorry) I hope you can get through it.

There are only 2 people that I remember, are Joanne D and Happy Canuck.
Only back then the forum was called O.A. and R. A. and other auto immune diseases. So that was a while ago.
I have R. A. and fibromyalgia. And I had lost aqvout 40 lbs between Nov 2004 to March 2004. I was living alone and I had many panic attacks and I was so frightened that I could not eat. And my R. A. hurt every day, still I couldn't stay, in my apt. all day. So know matter how bad I hurt or had cold or snowy it was. I had to get out of their. I would walk about 4 or 5 blocks to my sons apt, and I would borrow his car and go to my aunts where I used to Live, we had a argued, and she wanted to have less stress. This was just 2 months since my grandson Brady had been taken away by other G. Parents. and sarh was really doing a lot of drugs (methamphetimine) she smocks it. She is doing alot less know but back then she was high all day and nights for about 3-5 days, then she would sleep for a day or 2 Then she was back at it.
Now she is living in the same town as brady but because she is still abousing drugs her brain isn't going to work right. She is hardly the daughter I remember. She blames everyone for her mistacks or mess ups. And so she isn't seeing alot of brady. He doesn't like the person her boyfried and her live with. And sarah hates to go to the othe G.P or Dads house. It is all such a mess. The only person who is innocent in all of the mess down thier is my Brady. I wish I was finacialy and phsically able to care for him. I would do it a second. and get the childrens services in on it. He is not being abused and he is clean and fed and al that. But his emotional state is sad. The most I can do now is call his school to try to get the counselor their to understand want he goes through, and that he needs to talk to someone. Next I am going to call the children services again in that county and see if they will at lease go and check Brady out and ask them to get Brady some help. As bad as it is athis dads and gparents it is the better of the two homes. As days go buy that taking him into fostor care until things are better with his mom or Dad. I know I have made a very long post. I am sorry for that, so I will wait and tell you the last big arguement or incident was.

I was writing about my wieght loss. I moved back in with my aunt felt safer or at least mentally and emotionally, and got some help of my own. anyway had a lot more stressors after that. My daughter came back for a while ,but worse My aunts son moved in and it has benn alful sinse then. She would not let my daughter stay very long (2 weeks) But when it was her kid I guess that was different. I felt like I was in a imotional and verbal abuse. Soi I lost all energy and gained back My weight and more.
S.w. 196
W.L. 40 lbs
G.W BACK 206 yuck and icky and Ooooowwwww! more pain from more weight

If you get throught this post you are more mentally advanced then I am, so here's KODO'S to you who do

So I have moved out of apt, so has my aunt, Unfortunatly she has suffered a aeat attack, It was from no exercise and eating a giant bag of pork rinds every day and a half. I was so scared while waiting for the ambulence, I just prayed and prayer that she get through it until the paramedics could help her and get her to hospital. She is alright but has Very monor damage. THought it best to move to her daughters.
Next post will not be like this.
stirfried49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:11 PM   #62  

Default Hey There

Stirfried- This is not the post/thread you were on awhile back. Remember Angel? She runs a christian radio station in Ala I think..But welcome. Maybe we can help you answer some guestions concerning your weight .Fibro,or arthritis problems.Get on a good eating plan and exercise program. Just going out and taking a long walk does wonders. Next get a good physical.I bet in no time you will be feeling better. Me, I would stay away from the people who upset me...
Mima- Had my third treatment. The chiro told me to start walking this week. I have a good treadmill my son gave me so that is where I will start till I get so bored I will have to go out to the beach and walk.I think that will help my nerves a lot.Being hose bound is not my idea of fun.
Tammy- Are you checking off the days? Or do you have the time? I hope your house sells soon and you get a surprise high price.
Meme- I wish I had a couple more G/children. That will only happen with G/G/grandchildren now. I have a couple step /grandchildren. They are grown too and don't know us. I don't think they have accepted their mother getting married again.(my sons wife)
Hello Candice ,Happy.
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:07 PM   #63  

Laura, I made it through the post. You have had a lot going on in your life. Take care of yourself!!!!

Joanne, I go to the chiropractor after school on Wednesday. I had so much fun in Georgia at Christmas walking up and down the beach. So peaceful.
Yes to checking off the days!! 161 for me if I go the whole time. Bob met with a woman today about cleaning the old house. Hopefully she'll be able to do it before someone wants to go through it!! It's not awful, but it needs a good cleaning.

I go to the rheumatogist tomorrow. On Friday I go to an opthamologist. I have a chalezion (glorified stye) on my left eyelid. It's driving me crazy. I've had them before. They usually start out by giving me eyedrops then they end up having to cut it open and drain it. I told them when I made the appointment to skip the medicine and go for the cut. lol We'll see what happens. Tim has had them a couple of times too.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:31 PM   #64  

Default Hi there/ it is alot shorter as my 1st one

JOANNE D
I am trying to start a whole new life. Its like I can do or go wherever I want.
I really want prayers for my SArah and Brady.
The gparents and Dad heard that sarah slapped brady and put him outside in the snow cold weather at night. This girl who told them is my niece, and what gets me is that she has been known for her lies.
I was their that night. Sarah was trying to get Brady ready for bed. But with my niece their with her 2 babies it was a bad time. So brady didn't want to do it. all Sarah wanted was for him to take his bath. Since Brady was taken away from his mom and not being able to even say goodbye. |I think if they had heard rumors they should of talked to her about it. It was so sad because Sarah had just moved in to her own home. But sarah herself made her bed . she was to be her sis. Maid of Honor. and Brady was to be in the procession walking with me in the bridal walk.

And she had gotten high2 or3 days before the wedding, she did not show up for the reheasal dinnedr or the shower So there were alot of things being said to The thompsons (grandparents) so that made worse if that was possible.

BRady has bever had any counceling for that or anything. so now since he has lived with dad he cusses and bad behavior problems because of all that he's been through.
So that night dsarah had lost her temper and Brady was screaming at her so she put her hand over his month and he of xcourse kept on yelling and again sarah was not handling it well..At that point sarah threw water on hin to shock him onto not crying. it didn't work. Insteas Brady ran outside away from his mother. anyway sarah did finslly calm down herself and Just talked to Brady alone. In the middle of this my niece was trying to tell sarah to let her handle it, mind she is barley 19. and I was trying trying to clam sarah down.

So when my niece got through telling the thomsons and dad she made it sound like sarah had beat him and threw water on him and said Sarah had locked brady out.
So Sarah did not get to see her son for 3 weeks. The thing is knowone has custudy,so Bradys dad will punish sarah if he get yelled or his parents interfere he punishes Sarah.
Saraj is supposed to go to talk to someone about her abuse issues. She was molested. I prayer she goes. I don't know why sarah doesn't just let rendy have custudy for now and get formal visitation rights.. I think she is afraid to for fear she could lose him for good. Also she has this big fear of vbeing a good mother again. So she stays where she is out of fear and No confidance and a bad self image. She needs help. I know she isn't using drugs as often but methanphetimine is a terrible drug it attacks the brain faster and worse than heroin. So her brain is broke and unable to work right. Before when she 1st quit taking the meth after a month she was getting better, but Her B.F. got out of jail, and together niether one of them has a whole mind combines.

I am putting this in a larger text. Sarah and Brady need alot od prayers they because I feel like this

current weight206
thank you all Laura
stirfried49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 01:05 AM   #65  

Laura ... that does sound stressful and we will be praying for you.

I did quit the church I was going to yes, but I would never quit going to church. I get strength from worshipping with others who believe in God. Maybe you would, too. There are some churches that have problems but there are more good churches that help people than there are churches with problems. It is worth the effort to find one!

Tammy ... hope your rheumatologist helps you more than mine did me last month. All he does anymore is refill my prescriptions and check my blood.

Hope you can sell your house. That's almost the same price my daugher is selling her's for. Son has his listed for 250. She is looking to buy and he is building. Don't know why ... the house he has now is huge. He has 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, TVroom/office, huge livingroom, kitchen, breakfast room, dinningroom and bonus-playroom over a 2 car garage. The new house is supposed to have 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. Guess it's true what they say ... you never have enough room! (I always think about having to clean all that!) I'd hate to think about having to build and move again. Once was enough for me! Anne, on the other hand, is an expert mover!!!

Joanne ... does the walking help your back? My ankles and knees are so swollen from keeping my grandkids I'm staying off my feet for a few days to see if I can get them back down to normal. You want a couple more grandkids??? I'd give you some of mine but I wouldn't know which ones to keep!

Hi Candice ... we had some of those storms, too. Power was off all night last night ... had to get the kids ready for school this morning in the dark ... no showers. It came on just in time for me to open the garage door on the way out ... figures. Then, as I pulled in the school drive, I hit a speed bump, son's house key was on the dash and bounced up and fell down into the defrost vent. I had to go over and feed their dog and the dog food was inside. So I had to go to the store and buy dog food ... good thing doggie is outside. What a morning I had. Thank goodness they came home today ... don't think I could stand them being gone another week.

Mima ... I'm not sure I'd like being in your situation. 2 new church leaders? So far I like the church we have gone to the last few services. The people are friendly and the minister is very humble and his sermons are so uplifting ... that's just what I need to hear. I don't need someone pounding on me right now. Our friends went with us Sunday and their kids (11 & 13) loved the church ... they are begging to go back. Their parents said they begged to stay home from the old church. They said that meant everything to them, to have a church that their kids were actually asking to go to. I'm not sure we will settle down there (it would be nice since it's only 6 minutes from my house ) all I'm saying is I'm enjoying the freedom I'm finding. I didn't realize how stiffled and totally squelched I felt at the old church until I visited a few other places. I think God has a plan for me and is just working that plan. I've always believed He has a plan for all of us if we'll just be patient and let Him work it. But I still think about some of the other people left there and am praying hard in their behalf.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 05:37 AM   #66  

Meme-that sounds like the church Brad goes to back home-he loves it. So do I.
laura-find a nice church . I think you need support right now, And a program for parents of abusers. They have support too. I have heard so many storieslike yours-I had one too as I was married to a raging alcoholic but I found so much support in Al-anon. And it's free and it's in your phone book. You don't have to do this alone. The best thing you can do for everyone right now is to help yourself.Prayers for you.

Hope the chiro helps, Joanne. He always helped me. Anything would sound good right now.
PTL-my tests were fine-just diverticulosis, I will go to gastro guy when I get home. I will have surgery if I need to, Can't live the rest of my life on meat and potatoes and applesauce.
Brad's sugar is still sky high-had blood tests yesterday and will get new meds today.
The birthday boy is sleeping in th e other room-DIL had to take Alison to Shriners for her checkup. It's all free. He is so good when he is here, Yak-yak-yak. Mima-yak yak yak.
Suzanne and I will shop for her birthday today. And have a cake at Mike's.
Tammy-in MA-there are no houses for that price in my area-it's crazy. But the market has slowed down. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 10:36 AM   #67  

Default Hey There

Meme- The chiro told me to start back walking. He said it would help speed things up. We will see. I will dust off the treadmill today sometime.I had a dr. tell me once that walking helps the swelling in legs and ankles. Glad you found a new church.
Mima- I hope you don't need surgery. The massage therapist worked on my glut areas yesterday. He said there were knots in them. I am nor surprised.I don't plan to keep going there long. It is costing me 60 dollars a week co-pay and we have to drive 27 miles one way three times a week.I think another week or so,maybe to the end of the month.
Tammy- There was one thing in Ga. I didn't like. The sand knats. They bite and are so big. I even put skin so soft in my hair! Otherwise I loved the area. Cumberland Island is just beautiful..I wish there had been more time to see more of it..
Hello Everybody...joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:39 PM   #68  

I go to the chiro tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. Went to the rheumatologist this morning. She send me for back x-rays and wrote out a prescription for therapy.
Yuck to the sand nats!! I agree.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:41 AM   #69  

Good morning-if I have surgery, it would be to remove the diverticulosis so I can eat. My brother had it and he made out fine. And he is 12 years younger. Joanne, I ould not be happy if I had to make that trip and pay that co-pay, I hope it helps.
I am sore today because I ate Dairy Queen ice cream cake-had it for Suzanne's bd. She will go to the plane tomorrow at 5:30. I guess I will not be the driver because it is still dark. Brad is helping with an air conditioner today and helping move some stuff, What he really needs to do is pack, fix the roof etc.
I prayed for you today, Laura.
Bye for now Mima
Old 04-05-2006, 03:07 PM   #70  

Good afternoon ladies.

Mima - glad your tests came out ok. Surgery can always be in your back pocket if you need it. Sometimes you just have to do it. Hope Brad can get his sugar under control. That can be so serious if he doesn't.

Meme - so the kids are picking on Grandma, are they. It is nice to have them come, but even nicer to have them go Love the little dickens, but gee, they make a person so darn tired. Wish I could capture just a tiny bit of their energy. Glad you found another church.

Laura - Hello. Glad to see you found us. Sorry for all your troubles. Hope you can get into a support group, as that would really help. Keeping you in my prayers.

Joanne - walking IS good for your back, if you can manage to do it! It doesn't always work out. Hope you are doing better. That is a long way to go for a massage. I have to go about 20 miles to see my Chiropractor. He specializes in Upper Cervical, but it REALLY is the only thing that has helped my lower back.

Tammy - hope you made out alright with the Opthamologist. Sounds awful what they have to do. Also, hope the Rheumy can help you. Like Meme, usually they are just pill fillers. The chiro, on the other hand, does some good.

Had Ashley with me from Wednesday until Saturday. She likes to have Grandma bake with her. We made Chocolate Chip cookies on Wed. afternoon and then Sugar Cookies (for her birday party) on Thursday, and iced and decorated them on Friday. So, I was able to keep her busy. Then we went off to the city for a family birthday party on Saturday night, and her birthday party with her little friends on Sunday (swimming party) and then to Montana's for supper before we started home - again. I was sooooo tired on Monday and Tuesday (seasons change and that darn daylight time change) . Had to literally FORCE myself yesterday to do anything. Finished work (foggy as I was) and went for groceries. Today is MUCH better.

Hope you are all having yourselves a good day.

Hi Candace.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:50 PM   #71  

Mima, I haven't had DQ ice cream cake in years!! Maybe I'll tell Bob that's what I want for my birthday.

Anne, I'm sure Ashley enjoys all of the baking that you do with her. The cookies sound good right now. lol I know how worn out I would be if I was doing all of that!!

The chiropractor scolded me for staying away so long. He warned me that I'd probably be sore tonight, and he was right! I go back on Monday. I always say that I'm going to go back on a regular basis, but I never do. He thought I should do that between now and our trip to Disney in June. He also feels that some of my problems are stess related from school. He is a former school board member, and his wife taught for 30 years. He said he recognizes the signs!! I really like going to him.

I do like the rheumatologist too. I need to go to the therapy place after school tomorrow since she gave me a prescription for there. I went there before I had my carpal tunnel surgery.

Well, I guess I should grade some papers. I took a 2 hour nap when I got home, so before I go back to bed I should do something, right?
Old 04-06-2006, 04:45 AM   #72  

Have had a bad cold with a headache and sore throat..just seems to keep going...and suggestions as to waht you do to get rid of a nasty old cold?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????

Now I know why I do not drive when I do not feel well..but I had and appt and didn't want to break it so I drove...seems when I was running errands after the appt I turned on what I thought was a one way street but soon realized it wasn't and when I went to change lanes hit another car (82 yr old lady) I couldn't see her in her little hyundae and our car is very hard to see out of. Not much damage to our car and we wil not pay to get our scratches fixed but it is 900 for her car and we have 1000 deductable so out of pocket it came! DH told me not to drive when I have Fibro fog or not feeling well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes I think I am losing my mind..I just can't think!!!!!

Worked in the yard today and mopped the basement..do not hurt too bad but still stuffy from my cold and headache and sore throat..been using salt water so am bloated and feel soooo fat!!!!!!
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 04:50 AM   #73  

Good morning-leaving at 6 to take Suzanne to the airport, That would be am.Brad mentioned stopping somewhere on the way home for a day-maybe Amish-he has never been there. A break would be good, He is helping someone move stuff to storage today and has to go back and do electrical for air conditioning.
Wow-Anne sounds like fun with grandaughter but one night with Evan makes me tired but it sure is worth it.
I think the clock change makes everyone tired.
Mandisa got voted off from Idol. I feel bad because I didn't vote the night before.
Backs-backs-backs!!!! I think I will go to chiro when I get home. I paid my co-pay here so I will be all set. I still owe him money because his nurse sent the bill to medicare twice. I need to pay him his co-pays.
Bye for now Mima
Old 04-06-2006, 04:54 AM   #74  

Hi candice-I didn't see your post-guess we are on at the same time. I take zinc lozenges at the first sign of a cold. I t lessens the impact, So sorry about your accident. Glad everyone is ok-but it still is hard to deal with. Mima
Old 04-06-2006, 03:52 PM   #75  

Candice ... I don't know about the Zinc ... I have heard other people say it works but I've never tried it, but I do know that Echinacea works well to get rid of a cold because hubby and I and several friends have used it. All colds must run their course but Echinacea will relieve the symptoms of colds and several times I felt like my cold may not even have lasted as long as some I had when I took it. You can get it in pill form and Celestial Seasonings also has the Wellness Tea which I love to drink with added honey when I have a cold. It's pronounced Eck-in-asia ... with the accent on Asia.

I'm getting to where I don't much like to drive anytime. Everybody drives so crazy anymore. You have to watch yourself and every body around you, too. And when you can't think it makes it even harder.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote