Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 11:13 AM   #16  
creations

Went walking this morning. Cool but sunny,rain is due in tomorrow. Now my foot and ankle are really swellen. Think the changing weather had something to do with it.
Our cats like anything fake fur,with or without catnip.

Having vegetable soup for lunch. A lite supper also. Husband wants to get pizza to watch the hockey game tonite.
Bye
Old 03-07-2006, 02:54 PM   #17  

Talking

Good morning everyone its cloudy and dreary here today too..i had agreat nights sleep and no back spasms yet today sl were 104 this am.. since my back has been bothering me (and my feet earlier this yr ) i think it my bodys way of saying get with it old girl..anyway for the last few days i have cutting my portions in 1/2.. so instead of 2 slices of toast only one etc..but boy am i hungry..but nothing like alot of pain to motivate me..since im still leary of over doing it(want to give the back a few more days to rest and heal).. i sent my dh to the grocery store..lord help me.. i gave him a list but you never know what he will bring home he was bored and looking for something to do anyways and needed a haircut so i sent him on his way.. i will let you all know how he did..i love the fact that some of you are crafters..i would go nuts with out my projects.. and crafty fluffs are are part of my decor..so how did the pants turn out msfez? have agreat day everyone (((((((((hugs)))))))) rosey
Old 03-07-2006, 06:10 PM   #18  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

S/C/G: 203/188.5/160

Height: 6'0"

Hi all

I'm new and figured this is a good place to be. I was diagnosed with T1DMM ten years ago, and have always had issues with my weight. Last year, in June, my left leg went numb suddenly-found out it was neuropathy. I've lost over 20 pounds, was doing well, but fell off the wagon over the holidays. Now my A1c is back up and it's off to the drawing board again.. Looking for as much support as I can get!

Thanks,
Josian
Old 03-07-2006, 06:19 PM   #19  
creations

Welcome Josian,

You've come to the right place.

Creations
Old 03-07-2006, 08:24 PM   #20  

Welcome Josian!
This is indeed the place to come, I have come to rely on this and other forums for my support, it's a great place to be if you need a cheerful start to your day, a friendly hello or some advise. I see you have 21lbs to go to your goal weight, thats a lot closer than I am lol!! Do you follow a specific plan for weight loss or just count the calories and carbs the old fashioned way?
Look forward to chatting to you over the next few days and once again welcome to our little corner of the world!

-Dianne
Old 03-07-2006, 08:27 PM   #21  

Has anyone tried Tofu? Was thinking of picking some up but it always looks so tasteless to me.. any tips?
Old 03-08-2006, 01:09 AM   #22  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

S/C/G: 203/188.5/160

Height: 6'0"

Thanks creation & Dianne!

I follow a modified version of Suzanne Somers' program. I count carbs only because insulin necessitates it. it's basically food combining, no carbs with fats. It's been working well for me when I stick to it. Whole grains, no refined sugars, flour... whole foods. It's the longest I have been able to stick with something! Blood fats were down before Christmas, it will be interesting to see what happened when I went off the wagon! :P

Anyway, my prime motivation right now is my wedding. Got my dress in yesterday, and I'm less than an inch from zipping it all the way up-and I have 8 months to go.

My biggest area of concern is the maintainence support. I fall out of balance pretty easily!

On the road for work for the next 3 days... Fingers XXXX I make good choices!

Josian
Old 03-08-2006, 09:43 AM   #23  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi, Gang. Nova Scotia is still attached to the rest of the continent and I'm starting to feel a little better although definitely not great. Its' fairly mild here and the sun is trying to shine. I seem to remember that yesterday was absolutely beautiful.

Welcome to you Josian . This is a great place to find the support we all need to keep going. You'll be fastening that gorgeous wedding dress in no time and we'll all be here to cheer.

Welcome back, Dianne . Glad you had a fun trip even though the scale didn't enjoy it quite as much. You'll get those BS readings back where they belong in no time. I do think you'd be wise to mention the "sugar Blocker" to your doctor. I'm a bit of a worry wart about stuff like that for diabetics.

Keep up the good crafting, Rosey. Your cat will love you for it. My cats are like yours, Creation. Fake fur is great. Catnip is great. Together is great.

I'm not sure tofu will ever be very high on my list of favourites. I actually like the fake ground round which is made from soy, but the actual blocks of tofu are another story. I do agree that they blend into whatever you put them with and I guess that is the point, but I really don't like the texture either. I do know people who just love it. I came across two tofu recipes I'd like to try someday -- tofu brownies and tofu carrot cake -- now don't those sound yummy. I think "someday" will be in the very distant future.

See you later, everybody. Keep on moving and grooving.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:35 PM   #24  

Morning everyone..its sunny and beautiful out today..i had a terrible nights sleep and woke up grouchy but todays abrand new day even if im dragging cuz im tired..welcome josian.. we have great support group going here..meowee am glad you are feeling some better..but i dont have a cat just dogs and a parakeet.. i do love to craft tho..and im with you tofu is yucky and not on my list of food choices..hows the swollen feet creations?.. better i hope..misfez howdid the pants turn out and did the cats like the fur thingys..diane am glad you are home.. i always do btter at home too..you will get back with the program..well my dh did ok at the store..didnt come home with to many extras..but hes been watching the cooking shows and wanted to make dinner.. well im all for that but it wasnt low calorie.. he did a good job and i luv getting waited on..but back to reality today..cleaning closets is on my agenda today so best get at it.. ill check in later(((((hugs)))) rosey
Old 03-08-2006, 05:15 PM   #25  
Onward and Downward

Oh, I'm sorry, Rosey. It was MsFez to whom I meant to address the cat comment. Sometimes old age manages to creep a lot faster than I do.

I just discovered an interesting diabetes related website complete with a forum function and on-line questions can be directed to a panel of doctors and dieticians. I haven't spent too much time there yet, but so far it seems interesting and helpful. Try . . . www.dlife.com . . .

Anyway, see you all later. Here's a dose of to help get us through the evening.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:34 PM   #26  

Hello..meowee..i have lots of those moments to.. i call them senior moments but usually brain"farts" ill check out the website thanks.. am feeling better..not so grouchy now..have been working with a new scrapbooking program on the puter.. it has all kinds of patterns and pages and embelishments etc and then you can insert text and your pictures and then print..its fun and challenging as im not a real puter savey person but im learning new things all the time..keeps the mind sharp even if the bodys dragging and sagging a bit..check in later rosey
Old 03-08-2006, 07:25 PM   #27  

I haven't actually come across the fake ground round as yet. Althought my shopping trips out are limitied depending on how long hubby has at home inbetween trips out on the road. I can't drive over here in the US yet you see. limited mobility etc etc so getting around is a bit of a problem.
I'm still thinking about trying the tofu, but the thoughts are waning lol.. maybe I'll just stick to my nice lean turkey and chicken breasts grilled and seasoned. Seems to work for me overall!
I guess my 8lb gain was water retention afterall, as of today I now fit in a dress I haven't worn in 10 years! woooppppeeeee, I would be dancing with joy but the food poisoning is still making me a little careful of moving to suddenly LOL! I actually managed to eat a little crockpot made meatballs and pasta meal tonight, first food in over 48 hours. Was a bit of a no-no since it was a pre-pack all in one meal and 430cals a cup but I figured since I haven't technically had anything inside of me except water for 2 days it would be ok just this once. PP testing after 2 hours only had me at 132 on the SL so it wasn't so bad.
It's been glorious here today in mississippi, warm, in the 70's, sun was shining, makes me wonder where winter went to! Good day to open all the windows and air out the 3 weeks I was away. Hoping to get back into my daily walking routine by tomorrow, this illness has really knocked the stuffing out of me energy wise, not sure I can start out on my 2 miles as usual but maybe a mile and see how I go. I know the dogs will thank me.

Rosey I have 6 dogs 2 parakeets and a cockatiel, and boy do they like to make a mess with thier seed!

Wish me luck for tomorrow gals, it's my check up to see how my cancer remission is going, fingers crossed, 3 times is enough already

*hugs* -Dianne xx
Old 03-08-2006, 10:34 PM   #28  
msfez

Hello Everybody! I finally finished cleaning. I got on such a roll I even cleaned the oven! I don't hardly know how to act having my whole house cleaned all at once. Now I'm free to start my catnip toys tomarrow. Creations, sorry to hear about your foot and ankle. Rosey, if you sent the DH to the store you must be in need of a good laugh...if He's anything like mine! Did you get your closets cleaned? Welcome Josian, so nice to meet you. So you're getting married...I know everything will work out with your dress. I'll bet it's beautiful. Welcome back Dianne hope you had a nice trip. I fixed some tofu last year. Dipped it in egg and crumbs and fried it. You're right, it don't have much of a taste. It needed a big old piece of velveeta cheese or something on it. Those tofu brownies and carrot cake might be interesting. Good luck tomarrow at your check up. I'm pulling for you. Meowee, glad you're feeling a little better. Brain Farts. So that's what they are. I'm glad I'm not the only one with senior moments. I don't even want to disscuss dragging and sagging Rosey. Well gotta go collapse in my recliner for the evening. I'm exausted. Have a nice night. Bye.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:57 AM   #29  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning, everybody . . .

Whatever you want to call it, it sounds like a lot of us are suffering from "incipient alzheimers". Oh the joys of getting older. Actually about the only one I can think of is . . . no more TOM. Don't miss it even one little bit.

Other than our memory lapses, I'm glad to hear everybody is doing pretty well. Best of luck with that check-up, Dianne. I've got my fingers and toes and eyes for you.

Have a great day, gang, and keep on doing the good stuff. With or without the benefit of tofu.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:08 AM   #30  
creations

weigh in this morning,down .2. Very disappointing, Ankle and foot are swellen. I go at 1 to get my brace adjusted.
Closed Thread