Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 01-01-2006, 01:44 PM   #1  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Thumbs down Dieting with Ovarian Cysts amd IBS

I've had 2 ovarian cysts since August, and they cause ALOT of pain...and I also have IBS-C....Two challeneges for losing weight. My mobility is severely limited by the cysts and the pain that comes with them.

Anyone dealt with cysts before...could use any suggestions at all that you could give me
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 03:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/175/120

I have IBS-D and ovarian cysts. My Dr put me on bc pills to prevent the cysts. So far it has helped.
BeatlesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:12 AM   #3  
Kyethra

Height: 5'8"

I had an ovarian cyst rupture on me and destroy my health, so I would watch those carefully.

As for the pain, I found that it helps to work with what you can. You might try doing some arm excercises in bed or even just sqeezing a ball to build up hand strength.
kyethra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:52 AM   #4  

i have PCOS- Polycystic ovary syndrome...it caused me to become insulin resistant because it went untreated for so long(not my fault they couldnt figure out what was wrong) my legs and feet swelled and i had aunt flow over for 3 months straight..because the cycsts were so bad....ANYWAY! they put me on Glucophage.. MIRACLE!!!!! no more cysts or the other stuff.. and i have actually lost 10 lbs since i started taking it.
Lilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 09:23 PM   #5  

PCOS sucks. I'm on Glucophage too and it does help. Just all the other stuff that goes with PCOS that makes everything seem much worse.
HippyHippo is offline   Reply With Quote