Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 02-23-2006, 10:27 PM   #31  

To laugh often

http://www.angel9oh7.com/laughoften.html
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:55 AM   #32  

Good morning. Glad to hear from you Anne. I stillhaven't heard about my thyroid test. All we did was sleep yesterday. we were so tired from company. then I stayed up to watch the skating. Another nap today. After the flea market. DIL is ok-the baby was sitting on her bladder. My niece is going to be induced next week because of liver problems. her mother is busy taking care of the grandfather, I feel so bad for her. I finished my crocheted blanket yesterday. It's too long and looks like it will fall apart!!! I should stick to what I am good at. Hi everyone. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:41 AM   #33  

Default Hey There

Meme- A temp of 96-97 is normal for me.. If I start getting higher I am sick. My circulation is not all that good. my feet and hands are always cold. My feet sometimes fell like they are in ice water.
Happy- my son seems to have done well in surgery. he still can't swallow solid foods. His throat is irritated from the airway I suspect.As mothers will do ,I made and took him some Greek Chicken soup .
Mimi- It looks like you are having a grand time. Having company is nice ,but, tiring.
Tammy- Just a few more months and school will be out. Do you feel like this year has gone by fast? Are you retiring this year? My daughter always looks forward to summer. She has more free time but does do things around the school even in the summer.When my hubby retired he said that was the end of it. He had no desire to go near a class room again.Ofcourse he wasn't well.
He has since had quad. bypass surgery and is much better than then.Just getting older and slower.
Hello Candice...
Have a good weekend everybody ...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 02:31 PM   #34  

Joanne, so glad to hear that things were ok with your son and his surgery!
I thought in June maybe Tim (son) and I could come to Tarpon Springs while Bob visits his brother some day. When it gets closer, you can let me know where we could meet! This is exciting!!! Can't retire this year. Need to go 120 days next year to get my 30th year of teaching for retirement purposes. There are some days that I feel like this school year has flown by, but the next day I feel like it is dragging. I'm like your daughter. Always spending the summers working on school stuff. I'm getting older and slower too.

Anne, I stay at the other house when I have early meetings at school. It's a mile from the old house to the school. That way I don't have to get up as early. I like sleep!!

Mima, I'm sure that blanket is fine!! I can't do anything like that, so I'm very impressed!!

Meme, my temp is low too. So is my son's. Just getting to 98, I can be miserable.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 05:31 AM   #35  

Well, that's good tempnews. When I started on thyroid med, I was much younger. IBS is bothering me-asthma is better but not gone. Those 120 days will put you right where I retired , Dec. 98. But I didn't make that decision til OCT and I felt bad but my class was so awful-I taught 34 years so I guess I burned out.
I can't find shoes down here-size 5 and a half in sandals and 6 in others. That darn Beall's has so many shoes that are not in my size. I guess I should go to the mall. SIL has that vomiting bug which she got from taking care of her dad. Her daughter will have her baby on WEd so praying she will be ok, Mima
Old 02-27-2006, 07:29 AM   #36  

Please , prayers for SIL's father who is in the hospital and his heart is working at 15% and her daughter who will deliver her baby tomorrow, who is having liver problems and it does affect the baby. Mima
Old 02-27-2006, 08:30 PM   #37  

Mima, they will be in our prayers! Please keep us posted.

I went to my first water aerobics class tonight. I thought it was a 30 min. class, but it was an hour. Oh my! We all went in the hot tub afterwards. That felt great!
Old 02-28-2006, 06:29 AM   #38  

I used to love those classes but don't overdo it and stretch too far Tammy. I may go to the pool today and the hot tub-my back hurts. I bought 3 pair of shoes yesterday!!!! All open toes so now I have to get a pedicure. Today is the day that Cindy will be induced. Also, SIL's father is holding his own. I feel so bad for Sue. So much to deal with . One of the Red Sox team joined Brad's church the other night. Just a young player from the farm team. I wonder what church Curt Schilling goes to-he is a Christian too. Have a great day. Meme, are you ok? Mima
Old 02-28-2006, 07:20 PM   #39  

I felt ok this morning except for my back. It hurts no matter what I do though.

I rarely wear shoes without toes. Ugly toes. lol

I'm wearing myself and the kids out this week. Trying to go over things that might be on the test next week. There are some things in math that we don't cover till later in the year, so I'm trying to at least touch on those topics so they'll know a little bit about them. I hope they do ok. I'm concerned since I've never taught 4th before. I hope the scores for my class are at least close to the classes being taught by veteran 4th grade teachers.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:18 AM   #40  

Wow-that brings back memories-that's why I left 4th grade-and that's when I came down with IBS. Not teaching and still have it. Swam yesterday and back still hurts. Art this am -relaxing. No change on homefront-baby's coming today, Grandfather on respirator. Brother has that icky virus. About testing-they always cover stuff the kids haven't had but they should have had some in 3rd. Each year adds on to what they already know.That's my big preaching on teaching. Bye for now, Mima
Old 03-01-2006, 09:30 AM   #41  

Default Hey There

This is the first morning in 2 months that my back isn't hurting. Lets hope that whatever was out of place is back where it is supposed to. I have my brother coming for 2 weeks. He will stay with me a week and my other sister a week.He lives in Az. Eleni has a B/d the 8th and I have one on the 10th. She is throwing a big bash. It will be her 60th. I plan for all of us to go out to dinner for my B/D. My daughter will be glad to see the end of this week too,testing.
Out of bed at 6 a.m. today. Went with hubby to get his bloodwork done. Got another busy day..Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:11 PM   #42  

Hello ... not dead just busy and sounds like everybody else is, too. Guess that goes with having a life. Been having headaches again. I figure it's stress.

Getting ready for the Home Show ... Fr., Sat. and Sun. A lot of work for that. Spent 3 hrs. last night just putting together price sheets. I still have so much to do. I haven't even got my tablecloth made yet ... have to have a new one this year because he's getting a new table that is bigger and the colors they are using are blue this year. At least they are going to have free wireless internet this year so I can take my notebook computer. I will have our site with all the pictures that are on that plus I downloaded a lot of pictures onto a CD and can use those to show. I always have stacks and stacks of stuff printed off for people to take with them with prices and pictures (still have a lot of that to do and have to go make copies of it all.) We're actually taking a landscaping trailer, a dump trailer and an enclosed cargo with us. We went to GA and picked up a new enclosed to show last weekend. We have a huge inside booth this year so we could get all that in it. I dread it ... it's gonna be a long 3 days! Ya'll think of me this weekend while you're relaxing away at home!!!

MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 06:27 AM   #43  

That's really nice. My husband would love that. Baby was finally born last night-Lauren Evelyn after her great grandma-The Evelyn. She weighed 6 11-pretty good for 3 weeks early. She labored all day-then we were praying for her at prayer group and she had the baby right after. PTL More March bd's. Joanne. Congrats to you and your sister and hope your back stays well-mine is acting up also, As well as ibs. Asthma is better. Taxes done and a refund. Acct said little but I think 2,000 is big. It goes right back into next years est. taxes. Bye for now Mima
Old 03-03-2006, 11:42 PM   #44  

Meme, that looks like our Boy Scout Troop's trailer except theirs is red. We built shelves inside for storing their gear.

Mima, that is a good sized baby for that early. Congratulations!!
I think 2,000 is big too!! Not sure what we'll get back, but some I hope. Bob took the stuff to the accountant yesterday. We usually do our own, but with buying the new house and some other things that happened in 2005, we thought we needed to have someone else do it. We'll sell the old house soon (we hope) so that means we'll probably want help with next year's taxes.

With the math section on the test, I'm sure that there will be questions about fractions that we haven't covered yet. We really haven't done much with addition and subtraction of them. Also, mode, median, range, and line plots. Those were on the practice test, and they aren't in our textbook until the end of the book. I've been skipping around some. I'll have a better idea next year on what needs to be covered. Of course, next year the test will be in May!
Old 03-04-2006, 07:36 AM   #45  

May is good-Tammy is gone!!!We used to make strips and divide them up into fractions- a strip for fourths, fifths , etc, The kids could see the fraction. And then we would play cover up and they could see that one fourth was the same as 2 eighths. Brad has gone to Harbor Freight and I am going to an Art meeting. Art show next week along with Mission stuff. Very busy. I am eating Activia for 2 weeks to see if I feel better. I have taken so many anti-biotics, it can't hurt. It's special yogurt if you haven't heard of it. Ate out with Mike last night. Fun-Evan loves me-well, the feeling is mutual. Of course, I love Alison . She must get jealous!! Bye Mima