Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 01-29-2006, 06:26 AM   #46  

He's a keeshound-he actualy looks like a lion. And he has stopped panting-next time we won't let it go. A whole day by myself-cleaned , sewed, rested and even bummed a ride to Mass. The priest did a meditation tape and it was awesome. today our Sunday school is honoring the teacher by going out to eat of course. My brother is on his way here!!! Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 08:07 PM   #47  

Tell your brother hello for us Mima!!

I finished White, so I'm heading to the library after school tomorrow.

It has been raining most of the day. Very windy too. Temperature is dropping, so I guess we'll be getting some snow sometime.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 06:20 AM   #48  

My brother is near Hiltonhead at a campground to check it out, Their daughter is moving to Atlanta so they want to be able to visit her part of the time. We went to hear Jerrry Falwell last night. It was good-also went to lunch with teh Sunday school class and it took an hour for our table to be served, one at a time. Very frustrating, Art today. Bye Mima
Old 01-30-2006, 03:10 PM   #49  

Raining here, too. And turning colder this week. We're supposed to have snow by the end of the week. We've been lucky so far this winter, some think we may be in for a bad Feb. I'm achy today. I've been out in the rain with a customer. He came right when it started.

Had a fairly good weekend. Here's something I don't understand and would like your advise ... and don't get me wrong ... I'm not complaining because I don't have to do the work any longer but ... what's your take on this. I was doing most all of the kitchen work and decorating at church. For nearly 3 years I've been doing this. Organizing everything, buying all the drinks, putting all the meals together, decorating all the tables. I have all the candles, flowers, tablecloths, seasonal arrangments, heck ... just everything you could imagine here at my house (they belong to me) ... those bowls you float candles in with jars of all different colors of rocks to go in them for all occassions. I bought all that for decorating. I did all that ... and more. I stayed late and cleaned up everything. I organized all the funerals, called everyone and figured out what each one 'wanted' to bring and put it all together so we'd have the right selections without being 'bossy' but getting it done ... my husband is a deacon and I always got with the pastor to do this - his wife doesn't do a lot of stuff like that because she's busy taking care of her sick mother. I used my own money most of the time to buy stuff with. I included any other women who offered to help but usually only had the help of one other woman and I ALWAYS stayed in the background when I did all this, usually in the kitchen ... never wanting to be out front, I'm not a praise seeker. Now I said all that to say this. Out of the blue, 2 weeks ago, my pastor posted in the bulliten that he had organized a group of 5 women to be a "Socail Committee". In other words, to do the job that I had been doing for the last 2 years. He didn't say a word to me about it, still hasn't. He just pushed me aside (me and the other woman who had been helping me) without a word. When I asked my husband about it, he said he mentioned something about it at the last board meeting they had but that's all he knew about it. He advised me to just stay out of the kitchen and out of their way. I'm devestated. That was something I really enjoyed doing. Yes, it was a lot of work, but if he had just gotten me some help instead of leaving me completely out of the picture, I would have felt appreciated instead of pushed aside. What's your view on this. Am I just being silly for feeling this way or what? I love my church and I'm not talking down on my church ... it's not the 5 women's fault this happened ... but this has hurt me.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:59 PM   #50  

Hi everybody.

Mima - hope your allergies are not making you feel yukky now. Glad you enjoyed going to Jerry Falwell.

Meme - No, you are not being silly and you have every reason to feel hurt. I think any of us would. However, having said this, perhaps the minister has realized how hard this is on you. If you don't believe this is the reason, then you need to pick up the phone and have a chat with him. An explanation is due you for sure. I would have thought he would have included you and the other woman in the 5 he has lined up for the social committee. Don't let this fester into a wound - nip it in the bud so you can let it go.

Candice - stop wacking yourself around! You are going to really hurt yourself one of these days. Hope they can find out what is causing the pelvic pain.

Hi Tammy and Joanne.

I have had some very busy days at work the past couple of weeks. Today, was more tolerable, but I am now coming down with a cold. Just finished taking the last antibiotic for the sinus infection I had. Brother, it just keeps going on and on.

Went to Edmonton this weekend. Had a nice time visiting with Ashley (my GDaughter). Saw negatives from the ultrasound of my new little gdaughter, who will be due in May. Can't wait to meet this little girl. The negatives were absolutley amazing - could see her little face clearly. Ultrasounds have improved soooooo much in the past couple of years. They are truly amazing.

Well, everybody, hope you have had a good day.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:25 PM   #51  

Default Hey There

Meme- I think maybe you should make a copy of what you have written here and take it to him. Hand it to him and ask for his honest Christian thoughts .Get it over with and then maybe let him know that you have enough going on in your life to give you satisfaction and therefore you think it is good for someone else to take it over.Maybe he will be able to give them the appreciation that he could not give you.Then I,if I was talking to him, would not let the door hit me in the behind. You don't need this kind of treatment.
Happy- I used to have a cold going all the time. Do you take vitamin C?I haven't been sick in awhile.I wish there were more babies coming in my family. Now I guess i will have to wait for G/Grandbabies. none in the near future.
Raining here too. Thank the Good Lord. We really need it. It won't last long. It has just been light rain . It is better than nothing.
Tammy- Yes 7 is early for school. But I guess there is a reason. Working parents etc.
Mima- Sounds like you are having a good time. Hello
Hello Candice.. Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:26 PM   #52  

Thanks ... I think I kind of needed to hear that.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:14 PM   #53  

Meme, I know that I would be hurt if I was in that situation. I agree with Anne, give the guy a call and tell him how you feel. OOOHHH. I just read what Joanne wrote about printing out what you wrote here!! I like that too.

Anne, my birthday is May 8. Maybe the new little one will be born then!!

I brought more things from the old house tonight. Also put things in the van from this house to take to Goodwill. Decided that I didn't really need some things.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:26 AM   #54  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everybody. Haven't been around much. Had sinus surgery a few weeks ago, and have been in quite a flare since. The ENT Surgeon found FUNGUS in my right sinus. He said it's been there at least two years, probably alot longer. The doctor said that I should be feeling alot better once the surgery and fungus issues are resolved, but for now I am totally wiped out. Can't seem to get enough sleep. Yesterday I slept about 12 hours and the day before about 16.

My husband and I joined WW together on Saturday. He has his own chronic pain issues (degenerative joint disease and diabetic neuropathy). I know he
doesn't think the weight loss will make much difference, but he's going along to humor me. His competitive spirit will take over eventually, and he'll jump into it, if only to try to beat my weight loss each week.

Geez, I'm so pooped I have to go back to bed again. The temp has been changing so much lately (and I'm so sensitive to temp change) I feel like a bouncing ball.

Best wishes to everyone. Sorry I haven't been of much "use" to the group.

Colleen
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:35 PM   #55  

Hi Colleen, sorry you are feeling so lousy. Surgery on your sinus's must be most uncomfortable. I am just getting over a sinus infection ( I think) Just finished my last antibiotics yesterday, but had a sinus headache today.

I sure hope you get some energy back soon. NOTHING is worse than that dratted fatigue. Just hope you feel better soon.

Good for you, getting your hubby to go along with you. My hubby would do anything for me, but I don't see him joining WW. He will eat what I cook however so it could still work. He only has to lose about 20 pounds or so.

Tammy- my DIL birthday is 03 May and my hubby's is the 06 May. A bunch of Taurus people around here

Joanne - no Vitamin C. I have an intolerance for it, and sets IBS in motion, BIGTIME. I take a lot of other stuff, however and I don't get sick often. A lot of it just working again and being around people. Nobody stays home when they get sick, so it goes round and round.

Mima - enjoy your visit with your brother.

Having company come for dinner tonight, so better get to the grocery store and then get back and get busy.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 06:29 PM   #56  

Colleen, ouch to the sinus surgery. I'm sure you'll be feeling better soon. Glad to hear from you again!!

Bob fixed fried chicken for supper! Wow! Delicious.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:05 PM   #57  

Default Hey There

Well I just said I hardly ever get sick! I have a lousy sore throat today. I guess something is brewing. I will stay away from people if it does turn into something.
Sinus surgery sounds painfull . I had a sinus infection a few years ago. I don't remember having headaches as bad as that was.A few days of antibiotics took care of that.
Happy - Hope you are feeling better.
Meme- How are you doing? I hope you settled your problem.
Kaplods- W/W is a good program. I lost a lot of weight there. I don't think their support is all that it should be. I now go to Tops. They have a great support groups. I have kept 74 lbs off for over 3 years now.. It is a constant struggle for me. I will always like the foods that made me fat. I will never give them up, just moderate and watch my points.There is no easy buttons at WW or Tops. Staples has that.
Tammy- Fried Chicken! I don't make that anymore. I buy it!
Hello everybody.I have to get off here.I am waiting for my daughter to call,she can't if I am on here...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:55 AM   #58  

3 pounds of frozen hamburger fell off the top shelf of the freezer onto the top of my foot today. Can't win.

My hubby made my dinner tonight too ... with a little help. Made tacos. Pretty good.

No Joanne ... my problem isn't and may never be settled ... I won't say or do anything. Just the way I am, I would rather walk away than stir up trouble. If the opportunity presents itself, hubby probably will ... but not me. Feel better!
Old 02-01-2006, 06:06 AM   #59  

Meme-my post didn't go through yesterday but I was going to suggest you talk to the Pastor-I am thinking otherwise you will hold a resentment. Maybe your husband can go with you.
I have problems with my stomache-diverticulitis from vegetables I think. My aunt is sick and she needs to go to the doctor. Weird syptoms. Dizziness, cold sweats. She even fell trying to get into bed. I hope she gets to the doc quick.
My daughter's girlfriend needs radiation after tumor removal. Please pray for her=she is 26 and has 2 girls.
The newspaper back home compromised people's credit cards etc. Need to call!!
I won't see my brother yet-he is 100 miles away and settling in.
Don't get sick Joanne-take zinc-or Zimax-works for me.
I make fried chicken in olive oil and it tastes good-not too much oil. Bye for now. Mima
Old 02-01-2006, 08:16 PM   #60  

Joanne, my throat is sore too. We must be related. Come on up and I'll have Bob fix some chicken.

Meme, your poor foot!!!

Mima, your daughter's friend and family will be in our prayers.