Weight around the hips...

• I am what people call a "pear shape" and I'm really trying to lose the weight around my hips. I'm almost unpreportional. I know there's no way to target the hips but has anyone had success getting rid of fat from that area? Whenever I do lose weight, it's usually in my waist which makes me look weirder.
  • It will go off your hips, eventually. But, like me, you will probably be out of proportion for a while. I looked like an hourglass with all the sand at the bottom for a while now, but it's starting to even out now.
  • Hi - I am a pear shape too, and I have been walking about 4 miles for the last couple of months. Most of my weight loss has come off of my hips and thighs. I have lost about 2-1/2 inches from my hips and about 2-1/2 inches off of each thigh (yay!!!). I think walking has helped a lot in this area for me. Now, if I can just lose some weight off of my upper arms and belly!!!
  • Yeah I try to walk a lot now too. I wasn't sure if that would really do much. I mean I know walking does a lot but I wasn't sure if it would do anything for the hips. I look soooooo unpreportional it's not even funny. I just dno't like it.
  • Walking is cardiovascular exercise and will burn calories and fat, but it won't specifically get weight off your hips. You can't spot reduce. Where fat comes off is up to the gods of weightloss, some people say that it comes off first from the last place it went on, but more to the point, it just comes off.

It does seem unfair, I lost off the top of my feet, and off my fingers, which seems trivial compared to my giant thighs, huge hips and bum!
  • Quote: It does seem unfair, I lost off the top of my feet, and off my fingers, which seems trivial compared to my giant thighs, huge hips and bum!
    I noticed that my ring was a lot loser. I can actually fit my class ring on my middle finger which is crazily weird for me.
  • You Can Do It!!!
    Tae Boe really works on those areas just remember you are beautiful how god made you! But for those hard places cardio usually has a great effect. You have to be motivated, and ready to take on a challenge. YOU CAN DO IT!!! :
  • I feel your pain, but if you wait it out, eventually the weight will come off everywhere. I know your frustration though, it comes off in the wierdest places, before where you really want it to come off! I think its testing our resolve!! Good Luck, and stick with it!!