3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Dieting with Obstacles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles-14/)
-   -   Fibromyalgia #147 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/69013-fibromyalgia-147-a.html)

MemeToo 11-23-2005 01:22 PM

Fibromyalgia #147

Can you believe this is thread number 147?

I don't know how much worse I can hurt and still be up moving around. I absolutely have to clean my nasty house today but I have no energy at all. I know my blood is all the way to the bottom ... just don't want to go have it checked. They never do anything about it anyway so what's the point. I know ... gripe, gripe, gripe.

Hope your sister is OK Joanne.

Well, back to the grindstone ... hope you all have a great Turkey Day tomorrow. My kids aren't coming 'till Friday so I have an extra day to play catch-up! The way I feel I'm going to need it!!!

Tammy 11-23-2005 08:36 PM

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mima 11-25-2005 06:28 AM

Good morning!! We had a nice dinner at DIL's mother's except they didn't heat up my squash and sweet potatoes-put them in oven but it wasn't on!! Jill and mike went to go in the kayaks and Jill fell in -Mike thought it was funny and then he fell in !! At home, it snowed!! My kids went to my SIL's. But we will see them at Christmas. Can't seem to find lighted nativity scene that I want to put out front. Bye for now. Mima

Tammy 11-25-2005 03:33 PM

lol about the oven not being on. Tim loves to kayak. Not sure if he's ever fallen in. It is pretty cold here. In the 20's right now. Colder tonight. Hope you can find the nativity scene that you want Mima.

I'm going to go pack up a few more things either to put in an auction or to move to the new house. We have a closet emptied here where we are putting items for an auction. At least now I don't have oodles of boxes in the middle of the living room.

Joanne D 11-26-2005 02:55 PM

It is almost 80 here!We had a nice Thanksgiving.. Going to my sons tonight to eat up the leftovers. Eleni still in hospital. She has the flu among her heart problems. I have only been there once. She said not to come. They diagnosed her after I was there. I have a little sore throat. I hope it is not the flu. We haven't had our flu shots yet.They are scarce down here.. Hope everyone is having a good weekend...Joanne

Tammy 11-26-2005 06:48 PM

Joanne, with the sore throat it is probably best that you aren't visiting Eleni. Take care of yourself young lady!!

It was in the 40's here today. Might be 50+ tomorrow. Good day to work out in the barn to get things ready to move.

Mima 11-27-2005 06:04 AM

Another one moving-after all those years, take it easy Tammy. Went to a train show yesterday-Evan liked them but wanted to play with them. I am into my shopping!!! But I can't find that nativity set!!! Only on e-bay and the shipping is high!! Priest gave a nice homily about saying Merry Christmas, among other good things. It is getting ridiculous-that's why I want to put up the nativity set!!! Church and eat out day. Have a good Sunday, Mima

Happy Canuk 11-27-2005 01:03 PM

Good morning. Sorry to be away so much, but life happens.

Mima - I hope you find the Nativity Scene you want. I can't believe they are that hard to come by. Glad you enjoyed you time with Evan.

Tammy - when is moving day? Soon I guess. Well take it easy and soon you will be moved in.

Joanne - sorry to hear about your sister. Hope she gets better soon. As for you, hope that it doesn't turn out to be the flu. I got my first flu shot ever, a week ago, and then felt like I had a MAJOR FM flare the following couple of days. Sore, aching muscles and all. Feeling better now. Had to get one as the LAB where I am working requires it. Hope you feel better soon.

Meme - Gosh, I wish you get to feeling better. You just push yourself way to hard. I wish Candice would get back here, but I am guessing that won't happen for a while.

Job is going good. Am quite enjoying being back in the work force.

Last Saturday, I had one NASTY fall, and am still paying the price. Jarred everything from my toes to my neck. Have black and blue knees and even one skinned on:dizzy: Just now that the pain is starting to settle into every crevis in the old body. Need to go see my Chiro on Monday. Hope the snow stays away until after that.

Everybody enjoy their day.

Joanne D 11-27-2005 07:38 PM

Eleni may go home tomorrow. She is tired of the hospital. I don't know what has happened to nursing care. She sure didn't get it this time. Personally I would not go to that hospital ,if I had the choise. I have been there and did not get good care. Complaining is useless. I guess whatever I had is clearing up. No, I am not taking a chance getting her flu or giving her something else. The phone worked fine.I still have to start my shopping. I dread it. I do not like shopping. Getting my hubby in the mood to go with me is part of the battle. He won't give me the car. He thinks he is the only one that can drive.What a pain.I have been in the heavy traffic without his help many times. This started when he retired.
Bye..Joanne

Tammy 11-27-2005 08:29 PM

I hope you are feeling better after that fall! I truly believe that when I fell the spring of 2003, it triggered the fibromyalgia. I had some minor problems before then, but after that it was all downhill until I was finally diagnosed and put on some medicine. Glad you and the job are agreeing with each other! That's good! Don't stay away so long!!!

We are not positive of the official moving day. We've taken boxes to the new house and put things in closets. I have started putting things into the kitchen cupboards, things that I don't use often. The painters should start tomorrow. We're thinking 2 weeks or less for the painting. Then we can get the furniture and appliances delivered. Not sure if we're moving the rest of the furniture before or after the other is delivered. We leave for Georgia on the 20th or 21st of December. We think we should have the majority of the stuff in the new house by then.

Mima, I remember when my son was little and we would go to train shows. Just like Evan!! He wanted to play with them. I hope you will be able to find the nativity set that you are wanting. It can be so frustrating when you know what you want and can't find it!!

Joanne, I know what you mean about the nursing care. It isn't what it used to be. I feel bad for the nurses. They are short-handed and overworked most places. Uh oh. Bob retired the end of October. Hope he continues letting me drive. I'm better than he is!! I have bought things for all of the students in my class (lotion, chapstick, book, bookmark). I have a couple things for Bob and Tim. The nieces and nephews will get $$. That's what they always want, so that's easy. I always have bought for the other teachers at my grade level. I really don't feel comfortable enough to buy things for the 2 that I'm teaching with now. I've known them both for years, but I don't really "know" them.

I stopped at school and finished up my lesson plans for this week. We are giving a practice test for the big Ohio Achievement Test that we will give in March. I'm sure the kids will be totally thrilled. lol

MemeToo 11-28-2005 09:24 PM

Ugh ... I can't believe we're talking about buying Christmas presents already! Seems like it should still be summer! My daughter sent me some pictures of bikes for Jenna who is 6 ... I sent my son an email and asked if Kaylyn needed a bike. Haven't heard back. I like to get the kids the same thing so there isn't any jealousy on Christmas Day ... there's only 16-18 mos. difference between each of them so that has worked well so far. I get the same for the girls and the same for the boys. May not be possible this year. I really HATE Christmas shopping ... I don't mind shopping when I feel good and when it's not too crowded ... but not too much of either of those going around lately! :p I think I've found hubby a good present. Got an advertisement from Sears in my email today ... 7 ft. pool table. I'll have to clean the big room in the basement out ... big time!!!

Bad storms coming through here this evening. Already hit Nashville. The wind has been blowing like it's March all day. It's supposed to rain all night ... even possible tornados. Not good for arthritis and fibro!

My gang was so good over Thanksgiving. Everybody was in a good mood. We played the new 80's Pop Trivia game and it was hilarious. Just watching my son act some of that stuff out and sing some of those old songs cracked me up! Even my SIL was in rare form and participated ... it was a good day. The little girls crawled inside Sam's dog house and when they came out their hair had so much static electricity in it it was standing straight up on their heads ... funniest thing I ever saw in my life, looked like they had stuck their fingers in an electrical outlet. Plus, they were completely covered in long, red dog hair. (Sami is a golden retriever.) SIL had to roll them down with a lint roller. :D

They just issued a tornado watch for our county ... gonna get bad!

Mima 11-29-2005 06:01 AM

That sounds like fun!! It's so good that you put your stuff in your house already, Tammy. I didn't know your husband retired!!! Wow-Art class yesterday, then 2 hours at Beall's outlet cuz I got 35% off. And then grocery shopping at Walmart-with Brad. It's much easier with him-but we each take a carriage. I have given up on the nativity-just want some pretty lights now-Maybe after Christmas I can get one for next year. Need to stay home today!!!!!!Fibro is not good and it's going to rain but tornadoes are not good!!! Be safe. Mima I hope Eleni is better!!!!

MemeToo 11-29-2005 06:32 AM

Been up all night ... feel awful.

At least I got my website redone for Christmas. It's 'plumb purtty' if I do say so myself. Go see ... http://www.memeart.com

Joanne D 11-29-2005 11:45 AM

You haven't lived till your hubby retires! I worked for several years after mine did. It was when I retired that he thought I couldn't drive anymore. I never had an accident or ever a ticket!Men!!!!
Hello Everybody...Joanne

MemeToo 11-29-2005 02:31 PM

I'd like to see my husband try to keep me from driving! That'll be the day. He told me to go this week and get a business licence plate for his Dodge Ram because we have to go to Georgia this weekend and pick up a Cargo Trailer for a customer ... well ... the business is in MY name ... :D So I said "you know, once you do that your truck becomes MY truck! He just gave me 'the look'! ;) (I really love that truck!) :p