Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 10-24-2005, 02:43 PM   #31  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the pep talk MEME, it really helped. I created a Health Journal/Goal Checklist to complete every day. I think it will not only help me stay focused, but to record diet/behavior/health/pain issues that will help me find patterns. I already know that weather changes cause flares, and some foods do as well (I also have to avoid too much processed foods, but likewise too much dietary fiber from fruits and veggies also hits me pretty hard). Moderation, I'm not very good at it. Again, I think the journal will help, in this regard, hopefully I'll be able to "catch" myself getting too far astray. I know a good deal of my fatigue is due to the weather changes, and once it gets cold and stays cold my energy level will stabilize, but I feel like I could hibernate until spring (which unfortunately sounds really good to me, right now).

Thanks,

Colleen
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:43 PM   #32  

Colleen, I understand the fatigue! And the cold wet weather has really been doing a number on me. I hurt so bad even with the meds. Take it easy, and take it one step at a time.

Joanne, a laptop would be a great idea. I know quite a few of the teachers have them. I tried to use one once and I think my fingers aren't coordinated enough to use it. lol

Mima, having the extra food go to someone who could use it was a wonderful idea.

Meme, I thought about what you said when I realized that I liked the 2nd house better. It is 200 more sq. feet than the first one. Not much, but every little bit helps.
Our realtor called today and we are meeting with her tomorrow after school to write up a contract that hopefully they will approve (since they've pretty much approved the verbal one). I think I'm excited but I'm too tired to know!!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 01:56 AM   #33  

The weather hurts me a lot, too. It hurts us all! Just something else we have to work through. The thing is, we all know what hurts us and we know what we can and can't do about the things that hurt us. We just have to do the best we can from day to day. But a lot of times we do things to ourselves that hurt us like letting our eating get out of hand and then sit around and feel sorry for ourselves ... we get depressed and eat more and all the wrong things when we know better ... vicious cycle ... and then we blame all of it on the Fibro or the arthritis.

My best friend had a BD yesterday and I had BD cake etc. So, between that and the weather I'm hurting expecially bad today! It's fibro and arthritis, yes but I didn't help it any! Back to Boost and green tea and eating right today!
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:17 AM   #34  

Wheat makes me ache-and dairy! PTL-Our house is unscathed!! Mike lost some trees. Now we need electricity. We are having a bad storm here too. It could even snow-high winds. Another PTL-Angela says her father is going to go to church. Brad has been talking to him for a while. Who knew that his daughter would marry Brad's son. The wedding was Saturday and the party was on Sunday. And I am sure glad it's over. But the bride and groom had fun. You can't have a lot of fun yourself when you are doing all the work. If anyone wants to have a wedding that way, talk to me. We even had to clean up. By then my body was screaming pain. 2 more days-if we get electric!!! Glad you are ok Joanne. Collen-I see you have a hard road-the journal is great!! One day at a time. Sometines one hour. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:17 PM   #35  

Thanks Mima - yes the journal will be a big help as long as I use it. I started using a health journal in August of 2004, when I first began realizing that my fibro and other health problems were getting worse, and I was hoping to find some pattern other than the weather which I couldn't control. I kept at it for a couple months, and then when we moved to Wisconsin fell off the journaling wagon - although I lost 20 lbs without really trying - being more active and not being near a vending machine I think.

I started up again when I realized I was going to need to file for SSDI, but have been hit or miss about journaling. It seems I don't feel like writing on my best and worst days. Then my husband suggested that I work off a daily schedule to help me see what I've accomplished (the fibrofog was getting so bad, I couldn't focus on anything). I decided to incorporate a daily goal checklist, a food journal, and a health journal (a pain chart, symptom checklist, medication list....). I adapted it from Memory Minder Personal Health Journal that I had bought in 2004.

I've begun using it like I did my Day Planner when I was working. Seeing it that way seems to help me use it everyday, not just the days I feel like it.

Colleen
Old 10-25-2005, 05:08 PM   #36  

Mima - glad the wedding is over and that all went well. Sounds like nobody was really in control of it. When I planned my daughters wedding it was so easy. There were only the two of us having imput. So, you will soon be off. I hope you don't get snow. Heavens, even I haven't had any snow yet. It is close, but hasn't arrived here, thank goodness.

Meme - Glad you got yourself a new BQ. We have a gas BQ as we are not allowed to have charcol or propane here. Anyway, we like it a lot, as we never run out of fuel I hope you are feeling better.

Colleen - The fatigue is the killer if you ask me. I have been fighting that myself for a very long time, but part of it is from chronic yeast. I have now found something that helps with that, and have been feeling really quite well. It makes it IMPOSSIBLE to diet when you are so fatigued, as your body is literally SCREAMING for fuel - sugar or starch!!! I am sorry you are feeling so poorly. The answer for me, was with an Upper Cervical Chiropractor. I have been getting better and better now for a couple of years - and now I will start a part-time job on Monday.

Candice - if you are around and reading, please know that I think about you often and hope you are feeling better.

Joanne - I guess you won't be reading for a bit either as you are now gone away. Glad the hurricane didn't reach you.

Tammiy - Gosh, I hope this house deal goes through for you. Is it an attached house - like a Duplex
Quote:
The one we looked at today is 1/2 of a double.
Well girls, I am going to post some pictures from my recent trip.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:14 PM   #37  

These were from our trip to the mountains with my internet buddy, when she was here visiting. She is from Georgia, and she DID see snow as we went through the mountains. It was a wonderful trip and I did so enjoy meeting her.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 07:22 PM   #38  

Meme, I think I asked before, but is the Green Tea in bottles (like pop bottles) a good kind to drink? I'm not fond of tea at all, and I've tasted the sugar free kind and it wasn't bad.

Mima, so glad about your house being ok!!

Colleen, I'm awful when it comes to journaling. I'll start, do it for a few days, then stop.

Anne, yes it is a duplex. The 2 car garages are side-by-side toward the front. Behind that a bathroom and a bedroom are back to back with the neighbor. Very well insulated throughout, so sound from the neighbor shouldn't be a problem. Your pictures are beautiful!!!
Old 10-25-2005, 07:36 PM   #39  

Me Too Tammy, but I'm trying to stay committed.

I'm not normally a tea fan either, but I found a good way to start drinking it. I love Crystal Light's and Walmart brands Peach tea, and so I started making other flavors at home. I microwave a cup of water and make a really strong cup of green or black tea.

Then I put the cup of tea into my 2 qt pitcher and make my drink mix as usual. I like lemonade, cherry, and even fruit punch that way.

Colleen
Old 10-26-2005, 05:49 AM   #40  

Tammy-look in the tea section-so many green teas. I drink a cup a day. I have a prayer journal-it is amazing to look back and see how so many things I worried about have been resolved. Now I am praying for the electricity to be restored-especially for Mike. But if we get it first, he can go there and use the computer and cook. They said don't count on it today or tomorrow, I got so much stuff out to leave. Problem is Brad filled up a lot of space with his train stuff and tools. That is a one shot deal. I would also like to have clothes in both places. I could buy them at the thrift store down there!!! My niece found out she is having a girl-she has an absolutely beautiful boy named Evan-Evan 2. Luckily she has adifferent name picked out for the girl-not Alison. My SIL and I would go crazy-now we say "your Evan " or "my Evan".
What gorgeous, breathtaking pictures, Anne!!! Have a great day everyone. Mima
Old 10-27-2005, 06:10 AM   #41  

Good morning-I will be traveling for the next few days.Things seem to be ready to go-lots of work especially since Brad filled the trailer with HIS stuff!!! Of well-it will stay there. The electicity seems to be coming back on in Ft Myers. We even goy a gutter guy to put up a gutter when we are not here. We are hoping that will stop some of the water comimg in. Mima Behave yourselves people!!!! When I return I will know if Tammy got her house and a few other things.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:06 PM   #42  

Colleen, I may have to try the way you make your tea. Maybe I could stand it that way.

Mima, I'll say hello but you won't be reading for a few days. Hope your trip is safe and uneventful. I can't believe Brad filled the trailer with his stuff!!! Men! You know that we always behave around here!!! lol

The owners of the house made a counter offer and we accepted. It's a couple thousand more than we offered, but it is still cheaper than the first house. I guess we're going to do ok. They have to do a title search and a termite inspection, and then we'll be ready for the closing! We're going to go look at carpet this weekend and decide what colors for the walls. Easier to do things while the place is empty.

I am so glad that tomorrow is Friday!
Old 10-31-2005, 09:30 AM   #43  

Hi!! That's great Tammy. We had a great trip!! Weren't sure we were going to come all the way down but electricity was back on Thurs. night-Mike didn't get his til Sat.ikes-using dialup again-10 minutes to download 3 fatchicks. I ordered a new laptop and it should be here soon. Then I will see if I am going to change to cable. I saw Evan-he looks and acts like Dennis the Menace. But he did remember me. I said Jill could drop him off after I get settled. But then Jessica will be here next Tues night. She is going for her license tomorrow. Pray. I am putting things away slowly.
If we hadn't come right down, we were going through TN and I was thinking of a way to get in touch with Meme. Bye for now Mima
Old 11-02-2005, 10:56 AM   #44  

Pretty quiet group here.
Mima, glad you had a good trip.
I'm off of school today, blood tests, etc. at the hospital.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:28 PM   #45  

Hi Everybody..It only took mr 45 min. to get on here.. I had a great trip.. We were deep in Fl. woods. We say signs of bear and deer were every where.. I slept in a 40 foot t=r.v. No way in a tent.. Not my style.. I'll be back again if I can get on..Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote