Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:50 AM   #1  

Default Diabetes ~ Signs & Symtoms

Hi there. I was told not long after my youngest child was born that if I did not lose some weight by the time I was 40 that I would be a full blown diabetic! I had gestational diabetes while I was pregnant the last time.

Anyway, I am really starting to wonder if that could be what is wrong with me?! I have no energy what so ever! My arms are sore... can barely type without them feeling like they can't do it anymore. My legs get the same way. I can sleep through the night and get plenty of sleep... but yet I have to sleep a lot during the day too! There are just so many things... I could be here all day.

I have not used real sugar in a few years! I use splenda. I eat much healthier then I use too! And yes, I do eat several small meals/snacks through out the day.

I was just wondering if these could be signs of diebetes? What are the signs and symtoms? How do you get tested?
TMunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 02:14 PM   #2  

Cool

Some of the signs of diabetes are frequent urination, fatigue and weightloss. You should see your doctor and express your concerns about your symptoms. If he/she suspects diabetes you will be probably be given a hemoglobin A1c test which measures blood sugar over a period of months. Good luck and I hope you feel better.
sapphire9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 02:15 PM   #3  

Hi Tracy.. im rosey from alaska and i am a diebetic and post in another group..the only way to tell for sure with your symtoms is to see your dr and get a blood test..being tired can be a symtom but only your dr can say for sure.. every diebetic is diff.. what affects me and what my symtoms are might not be the same for you..if you had gestational diebetes then you know how your body acted then..are your symtoms similar? also splenda can act like real sugar..and so can carbohydrats( they turn to sugar)i urge you to get tested and then your dr can advise you on diet and meds etc..its nothing to fool around with.. scary huh.. i was terrified when i got it..however am doing ok now.. theres agroup of us that post in dieting wiht diabeties..you are welcome there.. we try and help each other.. anyways good luck to you.. and let us know how you are doing.. rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 02:42 PM   #4  

You maybe should also get tested for Fibromyalgia. Sounds like some of the symptoms for that as well. Actually, a good check up would seem in order.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote