Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 08-15-2005, 07:05 PM   #16  

Default so far so good

Well so far so good. My meds seem to be working but I slept all day today. That is a bad thing. I hope everyone is having a good day. And everything is o.k. I have to start cooking supper for my husband so I will have to make this short. School starts thurs here YEA Maybe I can get some of the house work done with out having my son under foot. I pray for ya'all everyday. (((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))
I hope everyone is doing o.k I will see ya'all later K.
nosugarmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:58 PM   #17  

Cool

Hi all. I made it through the weekend, but it was rough. Physically, I was okay, but psychologically I was wanting to continue with my usual weekend food fest. But I didn't. Wish I had all those hobbies you have, Rosey. I have a lot of time on my hands now that I'm not shopping and eating or going out to eat. Sigh. The only thing I'm concerned about now is my blood sugar. The fasting sugar has gone up considerably since I stopped taking Actos and Glucotrol. I may want to go back on it, although I need to be careful about getting low blood sugar. It's especially frustrating since I worked hard to get it down.
How are the rest of you doing?
sapphire9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 10:28 PM   #18  

hi everyone we are having beautiful weather. wish i enjoyed it more i am having a bad depression problem otherwise i am in a holding pattern. go to dr, in three weeks maybe i canget some help.
oldest son moved back in the area from kentucky that has got me running plus he is an excellentcook tomorrow he is having us for stuffed pork nchops this is going to make it tough on food choices.
well no sugar sounds like things are going well for you.
rosey i know about the blood draw can't find my veins.the girl almost runs when she sees me. try drinking lots of water before test that helps a little. also take some glucose tablets so if you are shakey you can bring sugar up fast till you get to eat.
rosetta that fast really sounds interesting i wish something like that was offered around here.
catch you all later. pat
paperdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 12:48 PM   #19  

Default Mmmmm........

Well I am back to not sleeping very well. I guess, it will be like this forever. My husband teases me about sleeping my life away. I guess he is right. I went and applied for a job at the school for sub.teach. but I don't know if I will get it. Wish me luck. Pat, everything will be o.k. are you taking med's for your depression? if not maybe you should go talk to your doctor. I hope you are o.k I know how hard it is to battle depression, I do all the time. Just remember we are all here for ya. Everyone have a nice day and chin up.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:10 PM   #20  

Cool

Hi. Just a quick note to say I've lost 11.8 lbs on the fast. I know I won't lose this much in future weeks but it's a good start. Today I'm a little down and missing food. Have been hallucinating sauerbrauten for some reason Pat, I hope your depression subsides. I have problems with it myself.
Nosugar - I hope you get that job.
sapphire9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 10:22 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 280/275/150

Height: 5' 4"

Post Been gone awhile

I have been depressed over money and now my sis may be losing her 4 yr battle with cancer. Both our parents died of cancer and Joyce is my only sibling.
When mom got sick I ate so much I gained 40 lbs. I don't see me doing that especially with different meds and other vit I take .
My sugar is nuts right now. Found out the natural sugar in my tomatoes was most of it. I think, 35 cals med tomato-right? So I was nibbling roma and other tomatoes all thru the day.
Doc is working closely with me to get it under control. It was 355 at 9pm one night, so i took 1/2 pill and called him next day.
Cut back sharp on tomatoes. Got the pressure canner out to deal with some of the temptation. Trying to keep busy and will go visit my sis for several weeks. She is on very strick organic foods plus herb vitamins.
Nosugarmomma-have you been tested for sleep apnea? I wear a c-pap mask so I get more room air to keep my throat open. It can cause lots of probs-stroke-heart attack-high blood pressure. They found mine after a mini-stroke.
Will keep a better eye on my numbers.
Praying for a good day for all of you.
oldwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 10:50 PM   #22  
No more tears!

i dont eat salt. it just the sodium in the foods i eat. my mom dont cook my food with salt or butter.
BBWonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 07:51 AM   #23  

Default Hello...

Well hello everyone. Yesterday I checked my sugar and it is staying between 110 and 100 I felt pretty good yesterday my son went back to school yesterday and I was not hungry cause I was alone. When he is home I am starving I guess that is because I am cooking all kinds of things for him it makes me hungry. Well here goes another day I am going to go weigh at the doc office today because I have not been to WW in three weeks. Just can not afford it right now. Well catch ya'all later.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:23 PM   #24  

Smile Hello Everyone

Hi,
My sugar is 2pts lower each morning.Today it was 209 and I had lost a pound. I am now 268. That is 11 pounds from my highest weight. I felt like my cuz that told me- he keeps losing the same ten pounds over the years.

I have new hope of getting my figure found-even if it sags a little.
Maybe I better join the weight lifters thread too.
Have a blessed day.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:38 PM   #25  

Hi everyone..am sorry i have not posted..ive been so busy..family b-day partys..and my dh brought me 18 more salmon to take care of..we gave my dd 8 of them and we are smoking and canning the rest..quite a project..but nice in the pantry..now it s coming up on our fall hunting season so the dh will be at the cabin with male hormones flying trying to get a moose he loves to hunt and be at the cabin..and our grson will be hunting for the 1st time this yr..its the way it is here with us alaskans..anyways im pooped.. and havent got my test results yet..the increase in meds has helped some but not like the dr wants..sure hopr i donthave to take insulin..that moring before my fasting blood test i tested myself and it was 168..we shall see..its nice to here from you all..rosetta am glad u are getting results from your fast..it must be hard..dont know if i could do that..oldwriter am sorry u are depressed..that could be affecting your sugars too..stress can affect it too..just do the best u can..nosugar..are you still not sleeping..dont know your age but i started that when i started going thru the change..is that possible for you.. also depression can do it too..im hardly ever depressed but my dh takes meds for it so know alot about it..and can sympathize.. hello to anyone i missed and a big((((((((hug)))))))))) for all rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 09:43 PM   #26  

Cool Hi all!

Hi there
Had the nibbles today-thought someone might show up to see the tiller I have for sale so stayed downstairs and home and too near the kitchen.
Doing better on the stress. I am 58 and have diabetes 2, high BP, some
Arthur's itis in my feet, one ankle and one knee, carbul tunnel, neromas of the feet and some tingling, restless legs, sleep apnea and a hiatal hernia-oh yeah- I'm OBEASE too. Just a few things-surprised even me when I wrote it down-oops forgot asthma.
There's hope! Need to more and run from the kitchen.
Hit the old lady change( ) years ago. Take herb stuff now for it.
Hope all of you are doing well today and that tomorrow will be even better for us all.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:55 AM   #27  

Thumbs up Woo Hoo

I lost another pound!

Did everyone go on vacation?

Have a good day.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:41 PM   #28  

Morning everyone.. its a rainy drizzely day here..and im by myself and enjoying it all.. the dh is at the cabin and i dont have one thing on my to do list that cant wait till tomorrow its been a while since ive taken a day to do nothing.. carol congrats on the loss..way to go..im scared to get on the scale and have been avoiding it.. to much on the go eating the last few months..sooooooooo hows everyone else doing??? have agreat day (((((((((hugs))))))))) rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 02:21 PM   #29  
No more tears!

my bday is thursday and im going to the doc on my bday. this is my first visit to him since i found out i had diabetes type 2 3 months ago. im scared! i hope my sugar low so i dont have to get on meds. in the last 3 months i had lost 46 lbs. is that to fast? this week i weigh in at 209 lbs, last week i weigh 220. so i hope and pray my sugar is good.
BBWonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 08:53 PM   #30  

Post hi everyone

bb way to go you are doing fantastic and happy birthday!

carol i am 57 so we are close in age

rosetta you are doing so good on that fast. how long do you keep on?

rosey a day of nothing pressing. how fun is that bet you found something fun to do?crafts?

no sugar hi how are things going?

i am still depressed and struggling. but the weather has been really nice and i went to cajun fest sat. ate some spicy food . listened to music and did a little gambling. was fun. pat
paperdoll is offline   Reply With Quote