Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 07-31-2005, 12:41 PM   #1  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Default A question ~ I feel sort of silly to ask......

Maybe somebody else with arthritis can help me. Does anybody have any tricks for reaching/cutting your toenails? I have started to have trouble doing this. I can't reach them ~ I have osteo arthritis in my knees and it hurts to bend them so I can reach my toes to cut the nails. I feel so foolish to be at my age (50) and be having this trouble. Like I should still be able to do that at my age.

Thank you
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 01:31 PM   #2  

Dont feel silly, Gayle. It's not a silly question at all. At 50, I had to invent ways to get my socks on I have OA in my lower spine and hip and just can't bend some days. Did you now that if you lay on the bed and put your feet up in the air, you can nab a foot I am not sure how you would cut your toenails if you can't bend you knee. That would be tricky. Perhaps, have a look in some of the medical supply stores and see if they have something that might be useful. I am certain you are NOT the only one who has this problem. There are lots of aids out there for disabilities.

Good luck.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 03:25 PM   #3  

How about something like this?
http://www.maxiaids.com/store/prodvi..._Nail_Scissors
hippohips is offline   Reply With Quote