3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Dieting with Obstacles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles-14/)
-   -   Horrible Pms (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/60442-horrible-pms.html)

jbbm 06-28-2005 11:17 AM

Horrible Pms

Hello out there.

I am really looking for some help. I have severe pms every month. The emotional symptoms are getting easier to deal with than the physical ones. A list of my symptoms are constipation, uncontrollable cravings, breast swelling and hurting ten day days before peroid starts, face, legs, ankles, hands and of course the belly area swell so terrible. My feet and legs and ankles were so swollen last night it looked like when I was at the end of my pregnancy with my first child. I had the end of pregnancy walk without being pregnant. It is possible I put on ten pounds of water weight and the more water I drink I just can't get it out, even though that is what "they" say to do. I do take midol but doesn't seem to do much. And I am starting to gain weight that I have lost because of the cravings. I eat alot of fiber but still problems there. I feel like a hopeless woman who has to put up with this for almost twenty more years. I will be thirty this summer. I am currently on birth control pills to control monthly painful ovarian cysts. I would love a hysterectomy so I don't have to deal with this. Anyone out there have a hysterectomy because of severe pms? Well enough complaining from me, LOL. I just want to know if there are any other things I can do or if anyone out there has the same problems and how you deal with them.
Thanks in advance for you advice. J :)

paphs4me 06-29-2005 09:59 PM

jbbm,
I've got twenty years on you, but if it helps at all, I had the same problem when I was your age, except I didn't know about PMS. I did finally end up having a hysterectomy because of abnormal pap smears, and had one ovary removed at the same time because of cysts. I was later told by another physician that it had been unneccessary. So, I can't recommend it. I never did learn what my options might have been. I wish I had some advice to give you, but I can only offer sympathy. I noticed that no one else had posted a reply and hate for you to feel alone in this. I know it's miserable.
Wish I could be of some help.

jbbm 06-30-2005 10:13 AM

paphs4me,

Thank you for responding to my post. You were help. Sometimes it helps just for someone to understand. I think I am going to give it a couple of more months and go in to the doctor, at least try a strict diet and clean eating with excerise, during pms time and see if that helps me. Take care.

SOON2BE154 07-03-2005 01:07 AM

I had that from age 13 until I was 50! I always thought of getting a hysterectomy but thank goodness doctors talked me out of it.

I got on strong pain killers for my pain. I would have white out fainting from the pain.

What did help a lot, believe it or not, was when I got on the medication for Fibromyalgia. Most of my symptoms disappeared on Guaifenesin and a healthy nutrition and exercise program.

jbbm 07-05-2005 11:45 AM

Thanks SOON2BE154. It is just terrible to go through every month. Just really bad joint pains along with everything else I had stated. So a hysterectomy would not solve the physical pain of it every month??

raiatheplaya 07-20-2005 10:50 PM

Although i do not suffer from anything pms related, i saw your post and though i would give advice. I was recently at a little smoothie shop in my town, and they put something in their smoothies called wheat grass, and my mom and I were talking to this lady who said she has been taking wheat grass for a few months, she just puts it in the blender and then drinks it, and she said although it does not taste very pleasant, is has cured her of all her pms troubles. she said it has stoped all her cramps, her bloating, and it even has helped her lose weight. I'm not sure where you live, but if you have a healthfood store near you, you could go in and check to see if they have it, or anything similar, or even if they could order it for you.