Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 07-04-2005, 09:52 PM   #1  
No more tears!

Default need advice

I am a 29 y/o cerebral palsy young lady that was recently found to have diabetes type 2. i was weighing 255 but now im weighing 245 lbs. i lose 4 inches from my waist. i need to know wat to do?
BBWonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 01:36 PM   #2  
sassybrat

Maybe go to your doctor, and ask about a Low GI diet. A friend of mine has diabeties also, and lost weight on a Low GI diet. Best to talk to your doctor.
sassybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 03:03 PM   #3  

Cool

Hi, BB. I have Type 2 too. Did your doc put you on meds? Do you have access through your health insurance to a diabetes educator and/or nutritionist. that would be a good place to start. You might also want to go to the library and get some books on type 2 diabetes. It's difficult dieting with diabetes because you do have to eat to keep your blood sugar stable. Any kind of low calorie, reduced carb diet is fine Even weight watchers is okay except maybe eat less carbs than they allow. Come join us on the Dieting with Diabetes thread. We want to hear how you're doing.
sapphire9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 12:35 AM   #4  
No more tears!

ok ty
BBWonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote