Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 06-13-2005, 11:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Fibro Flare: Should have seen it coming

When will I learn. I keep trying to find the "secrets" to good days. And I have found enough common threads to know I need to eat a whole grain "low junk" diet, get lots of sleep, drink my water, take my medicines, and try to move around as much as I can. I weigh 368 lbs and have osteoarthritis, so my joints are going to hurt no matter what, but with my relafen and tramadol, I can manage that on most days, but its difficult to bear the days that everything even my eyeballs and skin hurts (and I swear sometimes even my hair and eyelashes) or the days when I feel not only too tired to get out of bed, but too tired to go to the bathroom until its an emergency or too tired even to shift from an uncomfortable position.

I'd been feeling pretty good lately. Had painful days, and days when I needed an extra nap or two, but hadn't been completely-usless-wiped-out in a while, and was feeling pretty smug about it. Had a couple nights of insomnia and lots of storms, even tornados in the area (weather changes hit me like a ton of bricks), and the last several days have been one big flare.

I'd recently been turned down for disability, and was feeling good enough to think maybe they were right, and I could find at least a part-time job. Unless I find a way to work for myself at home, I don't see finding an employer that allows three hour mid-day naps and 20 - 40 sick days a year (not to mention the mess-ups I will cause on those mental fog days).

Vent, vent, vent
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 01:41 AM   #2  

Well I can sure sympathize with you. I have Osteoarthritis and FM and none of it is a picnic. You are right about FM - even the hair hurts on some days, and the skin is sure sore to touch it. The fatigue is something I have not yet learned to live with, and to me it is far worse than the pain. Having absolutely NO energy is awful and I crave carbs like crazy, as my body is trying to replentish it's energy store.

The weather here has been rainy and humidity and I don't get along. Pain, pain, pain.

I hope you feel better. We do have a FM thread going if you would like to come join us, you would be more than welcome.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 04:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Thanks so much, I will
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote