Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 04-08-2005, 08:39 PM   #1  

Default Friends with RA and OA #16

I think, if we are posting our menus, then the threads will move quickly.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 12:15 PM   #2  

Default Hey There

Wifie- Start slow. You can exercise in 10 min.increments. It will be just as good. Increase your time daily... Good for you on the 5 lb. loss.
Happy. I bet you have a heel spur.. Hope it gets better soon. I have had that and it is painful.
Hello all. Back later..Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 12:41 PM   #3  

Wifie, although I don't have RA, I have chronic pain with Osteoarthritis and Fibromyalgia. I am also so darn limited to what I can do. 8 years ago I could hardly walk, but by trying different things, other than medical, I have improved greatly, although I still am very limited. It is the pain that is controlled and I no longer have to take pain meds daily. However, a couple of years ago, I was diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation and put on Sotalol, a BetaBlocker. That slows EVERYTHING down, and it seems impossible to drop even a pound. The fatigue is the worst for me. I can deal with the pain, but not so much the darn fatigue, which is a trademark of Fibromyalgia.

Congrats on your weightloss. We will all just keep plugging along here.

I will be gone from today until probably Wednesday or Thursday. I hope to see some menus posted here when I get back.

Happy Lifestyle change ladies.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 07:15 PM   #4  

Default Hey There

I walked to the art show here in town. all total more than 2 1/2 miles. It was ok just. Too many people there to really enjoy what was there. What I say was so high priced I couldn't believe it..
My menu for today was:
breakfast-tortilla high fiber no fat,egg sub.1/4 cup,1 slice veggie cheese(soy) 2 slice 98% f/f ham,1/2 sm. banana
lunch- 1/2 cup cottage cheese F/F,2 slice turkey breast .1 slice ham both 98% F/F,2 lettuce leaves and sm. tomato
Dinner- Pork loin chop, Egg sub with mushrooms and Green beans.
I weakened this pm and had a few low fat chips..I have to watch that!!

I hope you girls did better than me..Joanne
Old 04-09-2005, 10:51 PM   #5  

To our thread, Wifie! Sorry you've had a rough time...hope all is going well with you & husband, now. ((hugs)) I also have RA, along with OA & a few more things. I take Methotrexate shots once a week, & Remicade treatments every 5-6 weeks. I know the feeling of wanting to walk as I used to. I would go & walk around the school track with friends.........really enjoyed it. Now, I dread going to town to buy groceries.

I can't stay......been so busy.......

Yesterdays meals:

Breakfast: Coffee (decaf)
Lunch: Atkins bar 1/2.........strawberry smoothie from juicer.....mmm good!
Supper: Went out with DH & friends....salad, mushrooms, & water

Today:
Breakfast: Coffee
Lunch: Atkins bar 1/2....strawberries with whipped topping (sugar free)
Supper: Small piece of chicken, one tablespoon green beans, tomato juice

NO SUGAR FOR 6 DAYS!!!! DOUGHNUTS STILL UNOPENED!!!!

Did you get my pm, Happy Canuk? If so, don't worry about it, Connie (at the tv station) gave me a CD Burner! Now....to install it.

Hope all feel well...............
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:22 AM   #6  

Thank you for your kind welcome. Is everyone following a basic plan? I'm used to the regular Atkins diet where you can eat all you want as long as it is protien. It seems your all watching your portions as well.
I have added the low carb bread for breakfast I have 2 slices with crunchy peanut butter. For lunch I usually have tuna or chicken I never notice the portions I also add mellon or strawberries. For dinner I have meat and salad. for desert I have berries. Ok have to go finish up our taxes. ugh! Wifie
Wifie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:25 AM   #7  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hi ladies...
I blew it big time yesterday. The kids were tired and acting up, so I got overly stressed, and overindulged on everything.

Breakfast: cocoa puffs, 2 % milk

Lunch: BK double-cheese burger-NO bun
small fries
coke

Dinner: 2 BBQ chicken legs
1/2 cup rice a roni
green beans

Snack: brownies
diet vanilla pepsi
2 slices cheese

DEFINITELY NOT WHAT I WAS AIMING FOR. I NEED TO RESTOCK THE FRIDGE AND QUIT THIS AWFUL WAY OF EATING.
My mom wants to try the SB diet so maybe if we can go through the phases together, we can both conquer this.

Have a great day! I didn't make it to church. I was too tired. I helped my sister clean until 10 p.m., then came home and watched The Day After Tomorrow with my husband and his former boss's family. Didn't get to bed until after midnight and I was just to wiped out to move. Today is going to be a busy one trying to get the yard cleaned up for the summer. And maybe get the shed put up and some painting done.

Check back later. Love you all.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:05 PM   #8  

Hi everybody,
Had a beautiful weekend, weatherwise. Wifie....we're not on the same diets. Just posting what we eat daily, to help us stay on track. Chrily....don't worry about it...start over tomorrow.

Breakfast: Coffee, breakfast bar
Lunch: Hot dog (DH worked today, & wasn't anything else here!)
Supper: Banana, Strawberries & sugar-free whip cream

Have a goot Monday, everyone..........
Old 04-11-2005, 11:50 AM   #9  

Sunday for breakfast I had peanut butter on low carb bread with a drop of blueberrie preserves. Lunch I had mellon and almonds
Dinner I had a hamberger no bun with a salad. Mellon and nuts. coffee

Monday peanut butter sandwich on low carb bread and coffee for breakfast
lunch salad with mozzorella cheese
I woke up in alot of pain today . It's almost 12pm and I have taken my painkillers early. Everyone in my house has a cold and I seem to be coming down with it as well. This in not good because my RA really acts up when I'm sick. I feel so tired. Oh well I want to make sure I don't cheat on my diet since I'm feeling so hungry and miserable. Oh well at least I feel better looking at all the success stories. until next time Wife
Wifie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:44 PM   #10  
Hang In There

I refuse to post that I had yogurt and three cookies for breakfast!!!

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 11:13 PM   #11  

It's late & I'm tired. Hope all had a good day. I didn't have sugar, but sure didn't try to stay on any weight loss diet. I was hungry all day!!!

Breakfast: Coffee, diet bar
Lunch: Grilled cheese sandwich, water
Supper: Chicken finger, about 4 fries, water
Snack: About a fourth of BBQ sandwich (our cooking show at the station), water.

Have a good evening.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:02 PM   #12  

Default Hey There

The chips are still calling me.. One good thing they are lite..
Yesterday I walked almost 3 1/2 miles. Today I walked 3 miles..
Monday- Breakfast,1/3 c eggbeaters,2 slices 98% FF ham ,1 oz cheese, 1/2 ban.
Lunch- Yogart FF and 1 c kashi cereal
Dinner-Chicken strips ,brown rice and veggies
Tuesday- Breakfast- Kashi 1 cup and strawberries 1 c ,soy milk 1/2 c
Lunch Veggie burger (no bread)Lettuce leaves tom and 1 slice FF cheese, Cantalope
Dinner-6 oz salmon, eggbeaters with one slice of FF cheese.
Now if I had just stopped there. My hubby asked for a banna cake...I ate a small piece.I seem to sabatoge myself..
Love you all..Joanne
Old 04-12-2005, 09:57 PM   #13  

Hello everyone,
Well.....suppose I gotta change the name of this thread to "Friends with RA and OA, Lupus, and Fibro"That's the news I got today! I now have Lupus & Fibromyalgia to go with my RA & OA! I'm so depressed tonight. I don't think I can take the Remicade with Lupus, so don't know what to expect when I go for my treatment May 2nd. I don't want to take steroids. My back is in too bad of a condition with OA to bare anymore weight. I guess I wait & see.

Joanne...sounds to me like you're doing pretty well. Remember, you're maintaining, so you're allowed once in awhile. At least, I had lost another couple of lbs. Suppose I'll put the tracker back up, if I'm not put on steroids. Dr was happy I had quit the sugar! It's been 8 days, now!

Ageoldie...I don't blame you for not posting that yogurt & 3 cookies!

Wifie....I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. I hope you're doing better now. ((hugs))

Happy Canuk...I'm worried about you. Are you sick, again?? You've been on my mind, today...because we haven't heard from you for a couple of days. Please let us know how you're doing.

Hi Chrily....take care of yourself!

Breakfast: Coffee, 3 sugar-free cookies
Lunch: Chicken Finger, glass of water
Supper: Cup of beef stew, tomato juice

Old 04-13-2005, 11:49 AM   #14  
Focus on the Process

Its too hard for me to figure out what I'm eating all day long and post before I eat it sooo....

Yesterday:
breakfast
cereal with 1% milk
lunch (gulp... )
quarter pounder (no bun)
french fries
diet coke
dinner
hard shell taco
salad
snack
diet coke

YIKES! Not good.

~chris
Old 04-13-2005, 12:03 PM   #15  
Focus on the Process

OKay i've showed you my depressing menu from yesterday. I knew I was going to my sister's...around lunchtime and I knew in my mind that I'd end up eating bad if I didn't take my own food with me. And that is exactly what I let happen. Therefore my new plan of attack is going to be having a box of healthy snacks in the van for those so-called "unexpected" visits to peoples houses. I am going to make sure I have something to take with me for a lunch and carry a couple extra bottles of water to drink. I've identified a problem and that is my fix for it.

Charlotte-OH my gosh, hon! I'm sorry to hear that you have lupus and fibro. My grandmother had lupus. I don't remember much about it because I was littler. I know that its one of my fears though. I've read so many articiles that say if you have one auto-immune disease, you are more likely to pick up another. My mom is a good example of that one. She started out with sarcoidosis and now she has RA too. I wish I could take the worry away from you and all those bad sad feelings.

Hi Joanne-The sweets have called me a couple times too. My stepmom made me a cheesecake for my birthday. Needless to say, it made it to my mouth. Now its back to good behavior.

Hi Wifey-Did you get any news from your doctor? I'm reliving my sleepless nights as I read through your post. I am sending you a hug or two. Those nights are the worst. I had quite a few where I've been up all night sitting up in a chair nursing my arms or hand and crying all night cuz it hurt so bad. Rest when you can. I know the fatigue can be overwhelming too. Honest...it does get better. You've just got to hang in there.

Hi Chanuk...and Hi Barb! Hope you two are doing okay. Don't worry about the cookies for breakfast. Let it go and start fresh. You're doing great!

Gotta go get the laundry folded. Not my favorite job in the world. But has to be done before I head off to the doc. I have these little teeny tiny bumps all over my upper arms and on my back and they are itching like crazy. They have been for a couple months now. My Rheumatologist says it looks like folliculitis. So I'm taking a trip to the dermatologist today and see what he can do for me. I'll let you know how it goes.

~chris