Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 11-04-2005, 10:38 PM   #1  

Default LBP with lossing weight?

I have had a history of high bp.. but started dieting then it went away to normal readings...
Now, I'm battling low blood pressure a common read for me is 82/62.
I've heard a few of my family members say its normal?
Is the body just trying to adjust?
Jewelz76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:43 PM   #2  
Movin on down the scale

I dont know, but I have always had LOW BP, even during my pregnancies. I hope you get some answers....
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 02:00 PM   #3  

Thanks, Gonnalooseitagain! My pregnancies.. Well, I had one where I had toxemia really bad which made my bp really high. I was in ICU for a week. Ugh.. Im just glad my second pregnancy was totally different! I was actually able to enjoy being pregnant! After I had her the HBP came back.
I guess were just stuck with LBP! hehe Do you ever get the dizziness with yours? I read somewhere to avoid it you should flex your calf muscles because of the blood flow going downwards. I also did some reading low carbs can cause LBP.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:30 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Misty -- Have you mentionned this to your doctor? Dizzy spells sound serious to me Ask your doctor not strangers on the internet although some might have some good answers your doctor along with your medical history will be able to give you an accurate answer...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 02:54 PM   #5  

Try telling that to my MD! lol He wont do anything. He figures hes ran all the tests so there is no reason to do anymore. Ive told him about them. He just tells me to log it down on paper. I dont even try to bother anymore really. I just wanted some insight of what others have experienced is all.
Sorry.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:51 PM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

Oh, don't be sorry, I just wanted to make sure you had checked with your MD... Those docs sometimes drive me crazy too!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 08:25 PM   #7  

Thanks, Irene for being so thoughtful!
Old 11-06-2005, 09:00 AM   #8  
Movin on down the scale

No Misty I have not gotten dizzy. But I know when they (the dr's) take my BP they usually check it 2-3 times throughout the visit since it is soo low also.
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 11:46 AM   #9  

It's nice, well not really but you know what I mean, to know I'm not alone in this. The past few days I've been having major low bp issues. I told my husband if I have another spell like I did last night that I'll go see the doctor. What really seems wierd is that I don't recall them starting till after I made a conscious effort to get enough protien in my diet.
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 12:14 PM   #10  
stbakd

misty try going to another dr. for another opinion. glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 08:29 PM   #11  

Ambabs, I think my protein levels are ok. I mean they have been higher before. lol Normally, there like in the 100's.. past week theyve been around 50. Also, you are far from alone!!

I have been thinking about getting a new doctor in the clinic.. soon. I dont have health insurance so Im pretty much stuck there (luckily the doctors are not tied together if you know what I mean) but I've already got one picked out..
Should've done this a long time ago though.

Old 11-23-2005, 12:25 AM   #12  

I had to give you all an update.. I decided to go and get some medical help.
And well here is whats going on. My heart is skipping again.. So, I wanting to thank you all for pushing me to do this. I am now testing my own sugar levels with a tester they gave me. Anyways, the doctor thinks its bottoming out causing my bp to crash. Possibly. He said he wanted me to keep an eye on it because of my complaint of dizzy, feeling tired, and lifeless at times (drained).
He also confirmed my question about losing so much weight and it affecting it. So were not really sure whats causing it but Im on the road to recovery!!

Didnt want to get to technical so that is the rough edges

Old 11-23-2005, 12:26 AM   #13  

Misty I hope that they can get you straightened out soon. Thanks for checking back to let us know.
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 07:35 PM   #14  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Holy Moly!

Just last week I had a dizzy spell and my BP was 88/64...I have low BP to begin with but this was lower than normal... I also told my docotor..Don't get me started on doctors, I have a history of health problems and a history of many doctors...gerrrr! Love-hate relationship as I put it...
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 04:49 PM   #15  

ambabs ~ Me too. I just want them to figure it out hopefully at least by the time I expire anyways lol. Did you every see a doctor about yours or did it resolve itself? fitgal~ I also have had alot of bad health as a history (it was a long list lol). However, Im pretty cured of most of them now. Thankfully. Sounds like you know what Im talking about with doctors. Ive seen about 40 of them in 3 counties and only 1 out of them all was nice to me. Unfortunately, I lost insurance then moved.. lol