Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 01-10-2005, 10:45 AM   #1  

Default Dieting with Diabetes #4

Well The weekend was a total bust I started to sew a outfit for the new grandbaby and just before I could get it done the machine went south on me.
This sent me right into a tailspin of comfort food. This morning TOM arrives. Can it get any worse. I'm not finding my zone to get back on the right track.

Hubby sits around snacking all weekend, not very helpful to say the least. I'm thinking we need to have a talk. Ant ideas as to how I get out of this funk.
Deb
2round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 05:50 PM   #2  

Hi everyone..just got back from curves..im sore all over..i have to kick myself out the door to get there but am glad i did it when its over..wonder how much damage i did with all the x-mas foods i wont weigh and measure till the end of the month so i have time to undo some of the damage..am trying to stay on ww pts but im not always so diligent about that..and my dh eats all the wrong things around me to and wants me to cook the way i used to for him i have noticed my sugars are getting back to were they should be so thats a good thing.. so whats going on in all of your lifes?? deb i can relate.. i always have that let down winter blues cabin fever after x-mas..i just make myself go to curves and that helps..and involve myself in a new craft..play on the puter etc.. in other words keep myself busy..dont have any advice for the snacking hubby as mine does too..i just try and keep things that i should be having on hand and buy him the stuff he likes but i dont..like oreos..i dont like them and so i can leave them alone now chocolates are another story juts keep trying and know were here to listen..have a great day everyone ((((((((hugs)))))))))) rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:39 PM   #3  

Cool

Hi Deb,Rosey. I'm having trouble getting backOP. However, todayI managed to confine my lunch to a can of Slim Fast I've had in the office fridge for the last three weeks. Then ate an apple this evening. My blood sugar was down to 88! I have some Lean Cuisine in my freezer and pretty much ate up all the bad stuff this weekend. But I'm hungry and depressed. Plus at work everything is so slow and that gives me too much time to worry and feel sorry for myself.

Anyway, Deb, you might try Rosie's suggestion about hubby's snacking. Perhaps you can talk to him and ask him for support. Your not doing this just for vanity -- your health depends upon it. As for getting back on track, why don't you just concentrate on lunches this week? Have healthy lo cal breakfasts and lunches and tell yourself you can have what you want for dinner.

Rosey - good for you getting back to Curves.!
sapphire9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 02:12 PM   #4  

HI Rosey & Rosetta. Sorry I didn't post yesterday but had a headache that kept me in bed all day. Never in my life have I ever had this sort of thing and hope I never again.
But today has been a OP day. I think I have figured out that I can't do without carbs all together, so I limit the carbs I eat and make them good carbs. Today I ate a can of tuna for a snack at work. Not the best tasting right out of the can, but I stuck to my guns. Had a good size buger patty for lunch. So lets hope I don't blow it tonight.

Rosey getting up and going to your workout is more than half the battle. You still inspire me

Rosetta keep trying for us this too will pass.

Hope everyone else is doing well and followed us over. TATA till tomorrow.
Deb
Old 01-12-2005, 03:31 PM   #5  

Cool

Hi, Deb. I hope you aren't prone to migraines. I had them regularly when I was in my 20s and 30s and they were awful. If you get that headache again, I would say see a doctor. As for carbs, I think it's better to have some, just be choosy about the quality. Whole grains instead of processed or empty carbs. I was OP on Monday and most of yesterday, but last night I had a burrito and chips. Forgot to take my gastroparesis pill before eating and so I woke up with the burrito still partially undigested in my stomach. Yuk. So I have been OP so far today. Will try to go home to my Lean Cuisine instead. I've been having Slim Fast lunches this week. They're only 220 calories and might do as a work snack. Or you could try Glucerna snackbars (at Walgreen's) which are made specifically for diabetics. They're easy to carry around. Have an OP day.!
P.S. - Where is everyone else these days? We'd like to hear from you.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:08 PM   #6  

Hi everyone..its so cold here today i want to stay under a electric blanket..it was 21 below zero last night and has warmed up to -16 below today brrrrrrrrr..i didnt want to go to curves.. was thinking of all kinds of excuses but went anyways..not sure how its helping but i do know i feel better when i go.. my sugars are back in line now..and if not staying on pts all the time i am being careful and making good choices..i had acandy dish full of hersheys kisses from x-mas and last night my dh was looking for them..i am a chcoholic and finally had to tell him i threw the whole bowl in the trash and then dumped yucky garbage on top so i wouldnt be tempted to pick them back out ..he was not a happy camper but i think i was a smart camper as i couldnt leave them alone so trashed them now you all know what a wacky person i am .. the garbage was insurance do you guys buy orrowheat light bread?? whole wheat and 2 slices is 1 pt.. with some lean turkey and fat free mayo and lettuce makes a good lunch.. also those cambell soups to go are great to have on hand..just nuke em and instant lunch..also deb i got headaches when im hungry..i tried the no carb and couldnt handle it so now limit them and make better choices maybe you are cutting back to much?? well im freezing my big ole hinny off so am going to curl up under the electric balnket with a book..am glad i did curves cuz now i wont feel guilty for being lazy..have a good day everyone stay warm ((((((((hugs)))))))) rosey
Old 01-13-2005, 04:11 PM   #7  

Post hi everyone

got knocked off. could not remember old password so had to do it over.

rosey it is cold here too! about the same as you. supposed to br -20's tonite and colder tis weekend. i have to work unless i catch the bug going at work. i am really loading up on vitamin c

looks like everyone is getting op. am hoping to do that yet.

everone stay warm. pat
paperdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 08:34 PM   #8  

Cool

Howdy, Pat and Rosey. We're having a cold snap too -- down to 47 degrees. Hope you're staying warm. Rosey, tell your husband if you hadn't thrown away the kisses, you would have eaten them and he wouldn't have had them anyway! I'm having difficulty staying OP. I was good yesterday through lunch, then I fell off at dinner, but not too badly, except for the cheese and the chocolate. Feeling tempted tonight too, but I think I'll just Lean Cuisine it tonight.
Deb - how are you doing?
Old 01-17-2005, 09:16 AM   #9  

HEY everyone, well the cold weather hit us this weekend too. Down in the 30's at night Don't laugh too hard my little southern behind is freezing. And I don't even own an elec. blanket.

Well Rosetta I'm also struggleing to stay OP but got an Atkins cookbook over the weekend with alot of simple meals in it. So I'm going to try and make a meal plan today and do a little shopping to see if I can keep the munchies away.

Pat hope your not coming down with the Bug. It's going around here at work too. And I'm trying not to get It myself.

Rosey hope your staying warm. How's the workouts, not too sore I hope. But remember no pain no gain.

Well I'm at work and have to run. Have a great day.
Deb
Old 01-17-2005, 04:11 PM   #10  

Morning everyone its still cold here and im hibernating i have not done anything exciting..am getting better controll of the eating..and finally dared to weigh myself this am and to my surprize ive dropped 10#s since i last weighed before thanksgiving ..so all that holiday eating is behind me and gone ..i was really surprized.. am still going to curves and my knee is much better..im looking forward to spring now and then i can get out and walk and work in my rose beds..when i look outside all i see is snow now..i know i should be doing something constructive but i dont even feel the triffelest guility hope you all are staying warm too..(((((((((hugs)))))))))) rosey
Old 01-17-2005, 07:04 PM   #11  

Cool

Hi, Deb, Rosey: I had to show up at work today and had almost nothing to do. I could have been taking in a movie or going for a walk. I've been very bad. Still afraid to weigh myself. Now that my orthopedic problems have abated somewhat I've run out of excuses not to walk. But boy am I lazy. I vegged out in front the tv most of the weekend - Between the Tsunami Relief fundraiser and the Golden Globes, I've had enough of celebrities! Deb let me know if you find any easy to pack to work lunches in your cookbook. Rosey - WTG girl - 10lbs! All those treks to Curves have paid off.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:12 AM   #12  

Hey everyone, sorry I was too busy to post yesterday. So I'm starting off with my post today. I'm still not brave enough to get on a scale yet. But am considering trying it today I'm sure I have completly undone what I had started before the holidays. And I know I need to get a new starting point. So I'm going to get off my duff and do it today.

Rosey 10 pounds is wonderful Looks like your the only one who came through the holidays a loser. This is one time when being a loser is a good thing

Rosetta we are just going to have to get some motavation going. I know I'm having a tough time too right now. The holidays kicked my butt, and winter always makes me want to be lazy. But we can do this. hope your having a good day today. Lets keep our fingers crossed for eachother.

Hope to hear from all our missing posters soon.
Have a good one!
Deb
Old 01-19-2005, 11:33 AM   #13  

Here's 1 of the MIA. Diet wise, things have been ok. Down about 15 lbs (not much, but I'll take it), have to have the glucose drawn again soon. That is the big test.
Life in general has been a mess. My husband's ex wife is trying to get sole custody of the kids & cut back his visitation. Talk about tomenting the poor kids. I have been a mess. I have had a migraine for 3 days & can't take much more. I don't know how I am going to survive until the court date 2/14 ironically.
So now I am done complainning. Glad to see everyone is doing well and staying warm. One good thing about having a dog, I have to walk at least once a day for 20 minutes NO MATTER WHAT!!!
Talk to you all soon.
hblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:36 PM   #14  

Cool

Hi Deb, H. Yeh, I'm going to have to weigh in too. Will do it Saturday. Maybe I can shock myself into getting back OP. H - 15lbs! I should be so lucky! That's nothing to sneeze at. Don't let the ex ruin all your hard work. Take a few deep breaths and think positive thoughts. I hope it all works out.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:56 AM   #15  
California Girl

Cool Can I Join th Thread?

I just was diagnosed Pre-diabetic in Nov after 4 years of hypoglycemia. Hypothyroid as well. I have had Premature Ovarian Failure for 5 years--so I'm just an endocrine mess!! When I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea--I decided that was it!!! I want to live!!!

Restarted on the Glucerna Weight loss plan (see their website at www. glucerna.com) The recipes are great and easy to fix. Even my hubby likes most of the food. (You can break each meal down into nutritional value, so you can convert to WW points) Hopefully restarting at Curves before the end of the month.

Good luck everyone. Thinking warm thoughts!

California Deb
Ksherkid is offline   Reply With Quote