Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2001, 04:23 AM   #31  

Default I'm going to the doc!

But I don't want to because they make me feel stupid!

The one I could get into is a real ego tripper!

Toots.....Thanks for all the info...hope they can help you..your doc sounds like he cares! I don't think mine does!

Meme.......hope you got some sleep! Thanks for the clip art!

Ally.....here are some flowers from Meme's site!

Anne...Hello!

Last edited by Candicej; 03-28-2001 at 04:29 AM.
Old 03-28-2001, 05:19 AM   #32  

Boy I'm tired...but can't sleep. It is after 4 here and I have only 2 hrs. and 50 min. until I have to get up...baby Jenna will be here wound up and ready to go! I've been talking to Candice via ICQ. I enjoyed our chat Candice! We'll have to do it again sometime soon!!! I'll try to leave ICQ on from now on! I usually forget to turn it on, though! Glad you liked the flowers. I think the animated dogs is probably my favorite.

Hope everyone else is feeling some better and not hurting as bad as I am right now!

Maybe I'll try counting sheep!
Old 03-28-2001, 11:09 AM   #33  

Default hydrocordone/vicadin

Yesterday I couldn't stand the pain in the legs and hip so for the rirst time I took half dose of that stuff every so often and it didn't take the pain away but I slept on and off for most of the day. and I couldn't believe that I would sleep most of the night which felt good.
Got up off the couch to make a quick lentil soup and I was surprised, it tasted so good that's all I had for dinner.I know I ate much less all day but I guess it makes up for not moving around.
You guys get funnier by the day!
and I know I can't keep up with the graphics. I just love the annimated ones, but is that a dog jumping over the fence or sheep?
Mentioning sheep, how about that latest development the US of A is taking with the imported vermont sheep? I guess they import little babies and maybe raise them for wool? because I never heard of sheep roast! Lamb yes, but when they get to be sheep aren't they too tough to eat? Is that when they call them mutton? when they go bald and can't produce anymore wool? My brain is getting slow.
Because I figure that no body was going to eat sheep that they raise for wool. So, how come the government knows they have this hoof and mouth thing if they are not dying by the sweater-full?
Just last week I read "there is no mad cow disease in the North America's!" now they are killing off 2 heards of sheep for a related disease?

Ladies stock up on dried beans, because there will be disaster in the food chain, if we all get scared of a disease that can't be killed by cooking/heat!!

We humans need protein to survive, so beans, rice and Whole Wheat stuff will be the mainstay of the American diet.
I read once where it said, women living in poverty were all heavy because they couldn't afford the protein {meats} in their diets. They further stated that you never saw women of "means" heavy. What bunk!!

Just when we think things are going pretty good in the scheme of things and now this!

By the way Alley what is......this thing..... that you like but have missing??? I was married forever before I got divorced and my beloved was always handicapped, so I guess it only hurts or is missed when you are young.

Things are just not fair!!It should come in a bottle or prescribed. Maybe that's why chocolat is sooooo gooooood, it makes the brain think the body got something it didn't!!
Remember only bad girls go and go and get what they need.Look at me I've been a "good" girl all my life and see the reward?? Nothing but aches and pains.
Let's see if this goes thru!
Old 03-28-2001, 09:27 PM   #34  

Well, Tootie, you are absolutely right. This stuff attacks the good girls, doesn't it?

Now, I am a bit younger and when I was in college in the 70s, sex was out of the closet big time, but I should have documented in a journal every experience I had cause I didn't know I would hit a long dry spell.

Yes, I miss it and even know that in reality I am not gross or disgusting and could go out seeking just that one thing....but I don't wanna. Sometimes I wake up all achy and miserable on a weekend and miss that I don't have someone to make me breakfast or give me a back rub...but I don't miss having to "perform" when not in the mood..or cleaning up after breakfast....or the best...losing ownership of my TV tuner.

Again, gotta take stock of the good stuff.

And today...not much of that. The temp is just starting to rise over freezing, but it has sent me into achyville. I am going ot go take a hot bath with relaxation beads. This is how I feel when I can really injure a muscle cause I want to get out and walk Soooo bad.
Old 03-29-2001, 04:55 AM   #35  

Default Saw the doc and it is tendonitis ( tennis elbow).....

The doc was ok untill I couldn't make up my mind
about getting a cortisone injection...and he
said..."I have a waiting area full of sick people I
have to see so make up your mind!" Hey...I was paying
him too! (I think he was a little stressed about
being the only doc there!) I'm gonna give it one more
week and see if it gets any better then I'll get the
shot.....I have bad reactions so don't like getting
them and I will not beable to use my arm at all for
about three days! No computer unless I use one hand!
I can't take anti-infammatory meds and he
said to stop the Vioxx cause if it was gonna work it
would have by now and he didn't like me retaining the
fluid either. We agreed on everything this time
except the shot!

Then when I was leaving he made the comment that my
purse was like a suitcase...NOT..but it is heavy
...and that was causing all my Fibro problems! I
don't carry it around much, always use a cart or
change to a smaller one when shopping! If it still
hurts in a week I'll be getting that shot I guess!

Hang on gals....men aren't that great ask MEME!

Meme..hope you got some rest! Thanks again for helping me with the puter stuff!

Where's anne????????
Old 03-29-2001, 06:19 AM   #36  

Default Anybody coulda said it was tendenitis!!

Candice your a better "man" than I am. When I get those stiff hurting joints I beg for the shot! Sometimes the cortisone lasts for a long while.
See, now because it hurts you and I the same way the only thing he can do is give you a shot, BUT if you ask him why and how come it started, see if you can get an answer.
I didn't like how he was chiding/edging you on, like you were taking up two office visits! I wish those doctors could get just half the pain in the wassu and see how they would act!
Old 03-29-2001, 12:43 PM   #37  

starting a new thread.
Closed Thread