Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 03:16 PM   #1  

Angry Fibromyalgia 101

Boy, we just broke the 100 mark. What a bunch of chatterers

Saturday, we went out to a nearby lake to see what it was like. Very nice indeed. It is a really small lake, compared to where I used to live, but still nice. Playground and camping. Then we drove around the area of the city we moved to just to see where everything was. That was enlightening. Then we decided to take a look at the airport, since they have been doing lots of renos on at. It has grown by leaps and bounds and it is still not finished. We thought we could at least get a coffee out there, but everything had closed.

Sunday, my son came over in the afternoon and then my brother and SIL came over for dinner. REally enjoyed the visit.

This afternoon, my daughter and her family are coming over - they SAID not for supper, but we shall see. It is a long weekend here this week, and both my daughter and SIL have been on holidays and have to go back to work tomorrow.

Mima - glad your stomach is behaving. It is just such a nusiance when it isn't.

Meme - glad you got some time off for good behavior Hope you used it to just rest and watch movies.

Joanne - hope your stomach is feeling better, and that the pills have helped.

Anagram - I do so hope that your hubby was able to rest and that you both are feeling better. Stress never helps us, that is for sure.

Hi Ally - Hope you had a good weekend.

Candice - still MIA.

Everyone enjoy the day.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:12 AM   #2  

Default Hey There

Happy and All- The new medication has helped . I have had no pain in my abdomen or stomach for several days.
What a relief! I went out yesterday to try and find a tote bag for my daughter that she can use to carry her yarn and work in when she goes on her trips. Nothing that was anything I could use as a gift to be found. So I got some nice heavy material and I will make it. I can't believe my little girl will be 47 years young.
My G/son will be down from Norfolk this weekend. It will be nice seeing him.
Bye for now. I hope all of you are doing well.How you standing the freedom Meme?
Joanne
Old 08-06-2003, 03:02 AM   #3  

Just a quick update..I'm just plain worn out! Got DS off last Friday and he got there safely but his roomate had car trouble and did not get there on Friday so my son had to unload and move in all by himself! He survived without me......I still felt bad that he was all alone in a new place his first night! Cleaned up his room here and had to move stuff from the hallway into it for now..having a new mattress delivered for dH and me...The old one is 26 years old!

The dog is still with us for now..but it is really wearing on me. The vet said to try the new arthritis drug for dogs and it made her sick...a big mess everywhere! WE have restarted it in a smaller dose so far so good, but we have not seen much improvement.

The bees are still here but most of them are drowning in the water...how stupid are they?

Well...I know for sure I am not a stress or emotional eater cause I have lost 3 pounds now (my Cookie gain from last Christmas). All this anxiety keeps me hopping!
Old 08-06-2003, 03:16 AM   #4  

Oh my Happy Anne!!!!!!!!!!! Just skimmed through the other thread and read about your heart pounding..how scary and I am so glad you are ok..I would miss you very much if you disappeared! ((((((HUgs)))))
Old 08-06-2003, 07:35 PM   #5  

Default Hey There

Candice- Believe it or not that boy of yours will do just fine. One thing about them they will always come home untill they get married and sometimes even then.
I walked last night and tonight. I almost melted from the heat. I am looking forward to cool weather already. We probably won't get it till October.
I made my daughter a bag to carry her crochet work in. It looks really nice. I got some heavy fabric for it.Lets see how long this one lasts. She carries it on all her trips.
Hello everybody...Joanne
Old 08-07-2003, 02:53 AM   #6  

We are going out to see my son the weekend of Sept 6th..they have a white coat ceremony for them..marking the beginning of their medical careers and are prsented with their white coats. It's a big thing..I just hope I can make it! Dh can get off work for the weekend too.

Dog had a pretty good day today!

I got 7 mesquito bites on my face walking outside lastnight and getting the veggies from the garden! Yuck!
Old 08-07-2003, 07:45 PM   #7  

I had to go get my aunt from the hospital last weekend and brought her home and got her set up. Stayed over and through the next day. Drove home to find that my kids had a beer party while I was gone. Was so mad I kicked them out on the spot. Made them pack up their clothes. So now they are each with a friend. And they are already back every day,eating and showering here. Am not sure what this accomplished but I needed to make a point.
I lost 5 lbs low carbing but like Candice, a lot of it was stress. Now that things are calm, I am hungry and am eating more....
Old 08-07-2003, 08:15 PM   #8  

Default Hey There

Ally- You will out live the boys!There were times I used to wonder if I would survive the stress of mine. But you do. This too will pass. Don't let it drive you to eat.
I hope things get easy for you.
I lost a pound this week. Woopee!! I thought it would be more.
What the heck better than gaining.
Going to my daughters for the weekend. Hope I don't gain it back. Joanne
Old 08-07-2003, 11:42 PM   #9  

Good news is that the dog had another good day and was up and around alot on her own and is eating some dry food too that she could not chew before due to the stroke. She is still not back to normal but pretty close for an old dog!

Now the bad news is my balck 10 yr old cat is sick. He quit eating and drinking Yesterday and is very lethargic, he just saw the vet last Friday for his shots. I called the emergency animal clinic and they said to keep and eye on him over night and get him to the doc in the morning for tests..sounds like kidney failure they said! I can't take this..I was so busy with the dog that I did not pick up on my kitty being sick! He is my garden helper too..following me everywhere and talks to me to keep me company! So I will be up all night with the cat and then off to the vet in the morning..so no sleep for me! My body won't take this pace Woe is me again!
Old 08-08-2003, 01:28 AM   #10  

Goodness...between the sick pets and the bad kids sounds like you guys have been busy! Ally... sounds like those guys of yours just won't ever learn! Good news about the dog, Candice, but sorry about your cat...hope he's ok. Congratulations on the pound lost, Joanne!

Ross started to public school Monday ... he did ok at school but as soon as he got in the car he started crying and didn't stop until bedtime. Bless his heart. He did the same thing again Tuesday night. I went over there Tuesday night and he was just sobbing. He was in the tub and I heard him before I even got up on the porch. He sounded so pitiful. He went to bed as soon as he got out of the tub at 7 and and he was asleep as soon as his little head hit the pillow ... just that quick ... and he didn't wake up for 11 hours. That's just not normal!!! He says the new school makes him tired. Paula says he's been better the last two days when she picked him up. He didn't cry. He had a bad time when she dropped him off yesterday but his teacher said he got ok after she left and had a pretty good day. His teacher is her best friend. They've been best friends since 4th grade. She practically grew up in our home...she calls me Mama #2 and she lives right across the street from Paula. She has a son that is just a year older than Ross and they play together. That's the only reason Paula put him in public school this year because he could have her for a teacher. I just hope he can adjust. He will be 7 next week ... big BD party Saturday night. Paula is in a Wedding this weekend so Ross and Jenna are spending tomorrow night with us.

Well... I went to Nashville to the Orthopedic Dr. today about my ankle and foot. He said it was osteoarthritis. He said it was plain to see in the Xray and he didn't understand why the other Dr. I was going to didn't see it before. He said he could plainly see wearing away of the bone and spurs beginning to form that was causing the pain and there wasn't anything that could be done about it except medicine like celebrex and vioxx (which I can't take). He said, "I'm really sorry, I know it's painful, but there isn't anything that can be done about it!" Sure am glad I didn't let the other Dr. do surgery. He said that was a thing of the past and nobody did that anymore. Said he was surprised Dr. Chapman even suggested it because it didn't work...all it did was cause your ankle to be numb and not work right. Guess I'll just be living in pain the rest of my life. I don't know if I can take this the rest of my life.

Last edited by MemeToo; 08-08-2003 at 01:31 AM.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:56 PM   #11  

I just got back from an out of town vet...had to run the cat there cause our vet was too busy to
see him and on his way out of town so he sent me Town & Country. It was kidney
and liver failure and they did not have much hope for him and said it would be
between 500 and 1000 to treat him so I called DH and he said put him down so we
did and I stayed with him and told him what a good kitty he was and I would miss
him and that I was so sorry he got sick. I am sitting her typing through the tears.
Kinda ironic he would go before Sandy cause I was telling him for the past three
weeks he was gonna miss her..he and Sandy did everything together. They told me
also that our vet should have picked up on the enlarged kidneys last Friday and
maybe treatrment would have saved him then but it was too late today. .......and we
would be out more money so I guess this is best. We just burried him under the
plum trees with his friend Cali of many years ago. He will be missed, such a good
cat and the only one that came whenever I called him.
Old 08-08-2003, 05:23 PM   #12  

Oh Candice -I'm sorry about your cat.And I'm glad the dogb is better!And your son is in medical school-how proud you must be, I just got back from working 4 days-stomache not too bad this time but I had two "accidents"-no details!!!!Glad your med is working Joanne-hi everyone. Mima
Old 08-08-2003, 07:51 PM   #13  

Oh Candice I am so sorry for you. You have been through so much with your animals lately. Your post made me cry too. Animals are just so precious.
Old 08-09-2003, 02:18 AM   #14  

Thanks for understanding and the kind kind words...I'm still pretty sad and will miss him terribly....It was just so sudden and they say that kidney failure in animals happens that way.

No appetite........and a headache from the stress I think.
Old 08-09-2003, 06:58 AM   #15  

Good morning-Joanne, I saw your sister's posts in TOPS. Hope you are feeling better, Candice. Our dog Cassidy is 10-we know he won't be around forever-but when it happens, it's so sad. You are so used to seeing the animal every day. I'm glad I will only have to work 2 more days. It has been raining every day around here. Bye for now Mima
Closed Thread