No, I'm not dieting with my parents, rather dieting by my parents. My parents choose practically everything I eat (with the exception of the government-regulated school lunches).
My obsticle: Talking to them. Convincing them.
I explained a little bit in my introductary journal (See post here: I'm sick of it all!
If anyone has any advice on talking to their parents about dieting, please help me. I'm very, very bad at communicating ideas. I think things way to much, and when it's time to present, I jumble up and forget everything. I then wind up throwing the idea out of the window and changing the subject.
I can't do that now. I need to talk to them. I need them to change. Convincing my parents to spend an extra $3 a meal (+extra money for home-packaged lunches) is going to be extremely hard. I don't know if it'll be possible to tell them everything on my own.
When should the doctor come in? I'm trying to see if I could schedule an appointment for the doctor next week. I'm going to pass it off as an earache or something, this way I could see the doctor and ask to speak to him alone. What should I tell him? I want to go on a diet. But most diet's are strictly 18+ (I'm only 15!). The last time we went, He just suggested to eat more veggies.
Guess what? Nothing changed. The veggies recommendation? Lasted maybe a week before my parents went back to the same old routine. I need a much stronger plan. Maybe even something predetermined, Like the South Beach diet or Jenny Craig, but I don't think either is "kid friendly". (The term "Kid Friendly" disgusts and annoys me. I refuse to be labeled as just another kid. Believe me, I'm more "Mentally evolved"
, for lack of better term, then most of my peers. I can handle whatever life throws at me, even it means going on a liquid diet). Of course though, Liquid Diets are "unsafe", thus making them "non-kid-friendly". I'm not interested in a liquid diet, par say, but rather any diet. As long as I lose the weight (150lbs by September of next year), I'm willing to do any diet and exercise plan, no matter how rigorious. I just need to get my parents to see it the same way.
Losing weight is 70% diet and 30% exercise. I can do the 30% exercise on my own. I just need the ability to convice my parents to allow for me to do the other 70% (Holy run-on sentence).
Thanks for reading. Have a nice night (Happy Turkey Day to those who celebrate).