Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 01-11-2015, 02:56 AM   #1  
New to this!

S/C/G: 170lb/170lb/145lb

Height: 163cm

Default Losing weight with coeliac and on hydrocortisone!

Hi all!

I'm new here and am hoping this forum can help me! I have Addison's disease and coeliac disease so I currently am on a gluten free diet and take 25mg hydrocortisone daily. Since my diagnosis i have gained weight, i started at around 130lbs and i'm currently weighing 170lbs! Over the last 6 months my steroids have been going up and down due to illness so alot of the weight gain has been in that time.

Due to my illnesses i find exercise quite difficult, i try and keep active rather than focussing on doing actual exercise. I try to eat healthily however i will admit i am a bit of a biscuit addict!

I'm hoping to lose around 25lbs, i dont care how long it takes me i just want to lose it healthily as i know it will probably make me alot better healthwise.

I am hoping some of you may be able to help me with how you have done it as i have seen a few people have lost weight whilst on steroids!

Thanks!
katiebrusby is offline   Reply With Quote