3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Dieting with Obstacles

Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

plantar fasciitis/achilles tendonitis

Old 04-12-2014, 03:42 PM   #16

S/C/G: 229/195.5/150

Height: 5'6"

I had Plantar Fascitis on my right foot 2 yrs ago -- it was painful as **** and I just couldn't walk! First I went to see my PCP and she injected a Cortisone injection right in the sole of my foot. But that didn't help me at all. I had been too lazy to exercise so I never did any of the exercises she gave me for healing the plantar fascitis. Since I stay at home, and my pain isn't pronounced while simply walking around the home, I managed without any medical treatment or exercise for 1 year full. Then miraculously the pain disappeared all by itself! Now I am pain free for almost an year. I walk on the treadmill regularly these days. Sometimes a slight/rather very slight pain appears on the site where it used to pain previously when I had the plantar - but it is just for a few seconds then it feels alright.
BigNomore71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:45 PM   #17

S/C/G: 256/ticker/240

Height: 5' 8"

Unhappy shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving Forward View Post
The best thing I did for myself was to invest in Dansko clogs. I wore them daily for about a year until the pain finally went away. I now venture out to other shoes, but am partial to shoes with good arch support.
After I read this post a couple of weeks ago I was all ready to go and splurge on them. Then I remembered that I really need the support on the inner part of my foot up to my ankle which is why I like boots.

I was just on jury duty for 5 weeks and had hardly any pain. I went back to work yesterday and was on my feet for almost 5 hours and was in tears on the way home. My days are numbered there.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:01 PM   #18

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I have some Danskos but find that Merrells are better for my feet, they are made with womens hips taken into consideration * the Q angle. I wear New Balance sneaks. I wore the think that pulls your toe back at night, took anti inflams and it took about 5 months
Old 05-13-2014, 12:23 AM   #19

I had it for years and it was even painful when I wasn't walking. Surprisingly, mine healed after I started eating an anti inflammatory diet. Wheat is a big trigger for me. I don't have celiac, but I did test positive for a wheat allergy. Not saying that's you issue, but throwing it out there as what worked for me. I also walk barefoot most of the time now. When I'm not, I wear kalso earth shoes.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:16 AM   #20
LRH

S/C/G: 152/132/127

Height: 5'5"

I suffered through steroid shots, etc. The only thing that eventually helped was losing weight. It was like a miracle--the pain just disappeared.
LRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:02 PM   #21
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyland View Post
I had it for years and it was even painful when I wasn't walking. Surprisingly, mine healed after I started eating an anti inflammatory diet. Wheat is a big trigger for me. I don't have celiac, but I did test positive for a wheat allergy. Not saying that's you issue, but throwing it out there as what worked for me. I also walk barefoot most of the time now. When I'm not, I wear kalso earth shoes.
Wendyland, was it an immediate change or over time? I cut out wheat for five weeks but didn't see any change in my feet.

Start 3/25/14
Mini goals #1: Onederland! -MET! 4/11 #2: 10% loss = 189.8 -MET! 5/20 #3: Pre-pregnancy weight (173)

My blog: http://shannonssliceoflife.blogspot.com/
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:30 AM   #22

It was fairly soon for me. Within a couple weeks, I noticed a dramatic effect on my feet. I was actually doing this challenge called the whole30 challenge. I basically only ate meat, fruit, and vegetables, nuts for 30 days. I did it to see if I had any other food allergies. It was very challenging but I really felt good by the end of it. All my joint and foot pain was gone.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.