Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:57 AM   #31  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Wow, Seabiscuit, how frustrating for you! Hope you find help soon.

I'm (obviously) still awake. Eventually took the Motrin PM, but it's not working. Now I'm just mad! Also having some sciatic issues. Feels like I haven't been exercising enough over the weekend. Which is true.

I want to watch TV, but don't want to wake the kids. I might as well stay up till 6, get them off to school, then go back to bed when I'm really exhausted.

Starting to let paranoia take over. I feel quite stressed about this lack of sleep. Sucks to not have health insurance. I can't afford to get sick.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:46 AM   #32  
Renaissance Woman

Just logging in. Took the Motrin a few minutes ago, with the melatonin chaser. Ready to fall asleep when it's dark outside. Hope it lasts the whole night.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #33  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Thanks geoblewis! It is an uphill battle trying to get a script for Ambien but I know that the Fibromyalgia is what affects my sleep. I am pretty the Fibromyalgia will get better as I continue to lose weight, so that's another reason to lose weight.
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:44 AM   #34  
Renaissance Woman

Oh yeah...it's nearly 3 a.m. and I'm back. I had three nights of really good sleep, and I guess I'm topped up, because I just feel edgy and restless.

The plan for Monday night...just go to bed at 10, whether I'm sleepy or not. I can sit in bed and knit the night away. No TV. No computer. And I think I'll stay off the computer for most of the day.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #35  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Hi geoblewis, that's great that you got some good sleep! Yay! Your plan sounds excellent, good luck with it.

I want to add that I am sleeping better recently. I think it is because I am more active during the day and I am eating healthier. Also, I am spending less time on my iPad before I go to sleep. Maybe I won't need the Ambien after all, althouh after saying that, I will cross my fingers now that I said that. I hope I don't jinx myself, LOL!

Take care everyone and Happy Memorial Day!
Old 06-14-2013, 07:48 AM   #36  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Default Ugh

Hi,

I haven't been getting a good quality night's sleep the last few nights and it is SO frustrating! I go to sleep and then a few hours later, I wake up, and I repeat this same thing quite a few times during the night, so frustrating and irritating.

My stomach has been bothering me too, I don't know if the two are linked or not.

It seems I almost always wake up tired, I almost never wake up refreshed, sigh.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #37  
Renaissance Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
Hi,

I haven't been getting a good quality night's sleep the last few nights and it is SO frustrating! I go to sleep and then a few hours later, I wake up, and I repeat this same thing quite a few times during the night, so frustrating and irritating.

My stomach has been bothering me too, I don't know if the two are linked or not.

It seems I almost always wake up tired, I almost never wake up refreshed, sigh.
So sorry that you are still struggling with the sleepless, Seabiscuit. I am too. Even when I take melatonin and Motrin PM. I think I can fall asleep quite easily around 3 pm, but I don't because I want to be sleepy at 10. But by then, I'm wide awake again.

One of my counselors told me to just go to bed and work on relaxing at the same time every night. I get so bored waiting to fall asleep. Then I turn on the TV and get caught up with what's on that before I know it, it's 1 a.m. I've fallen in love with Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares and Tabitha Takes Over. Then I lay in bed and plan businesses for myself. OMG! Brain! Please stop!

I just completed my cardio/weights class and I could really use a nap, at just 10 a.m. If I went to bed now, I think I could sleep for hours!
Old 07-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #38  
Renaissance Woman

I had to increase my workouts on two days this week to twice a day and noticed that I was finally ready to go to bed by 9:30 last night. Actual, real fatigue! Slept through till the dog woke me up just before 5. If she hadn't whined to be let out of her kennel, I could have slept a couple more hours!
Old 07-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #39  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Congrats!
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 200/189/140

Height: 5' 5"

Just discovered this thread -- didn't even know 3FC had it. I have suffered from my version of "insomnia" for literally YEARS (20 at least). I keep hoping and praying that someday it will ease up -- I tend to fall asleep easily, then wake up an hour later -- then 15 minutes after that -- then a hour later -- well, you get the picture. Sometimes it takes me hours to drift back off. Needless to say, I am WORN OUT when the alarm finally goes off (altho also strangely relieved -- like my body is saying "you can quit tossing and turning now"). I have tried prescription meds, OTC meds, herbal meds. Nothing helps me STAY asleep AND (here's the kicker I'm looking for) not feel like a zombie the next day. I currently am not taking anything. Anything new on the market you guys can advise? I am tired of people saying "you look tired". DUH! I AM tired, lol!
OK Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:10 AM   #41  
Renaissance Woman

Lizzy, that sounds rough! Can't even imagine how you cope like that. Have you gone in for a sleep study? I had one and learned I have an upper airway obstruction. I have to use a CPAP to get enough oxygen to sleep well at night. It really works with keeping me asleep.

Hope you can find answers soon.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:52 AM   #42  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoblewis View Post
I had to increase my workouts on two days this week to twice a day and noticed that I was finally ready to go to bed by 9:30 last night. Actual, real fatigue! Slept through till the dog woke me up just before 5. If she hadn't whined to be let out of her kennel, I could have slept a couple more hours!
Congratulations on your success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK Lizzy View Post
Anything new on the market you guys can advise? I am tired of people saying "you look tired". DUH! I AM tired, lol!
I can only echo what geoblewis is saying.
Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:17 AM   #43  
Renaissance Woman

Having another rough night. Went to bed at midnight, but woke up at 2:45 from a feeling of random pricks of pins and needles all over my body. IT band on my right side feels tight. Having a hot flash. Tried to make it all go away with ice water and some herbal pills for calming nerves. Motrin PM is up next. And now I'm hungry too!

Hate this!
Old 08-10-2013, 03:46 AM   #44  
Renaissance Woman

Well, I'm back.

Stupid menopausal nighttime anxieties!

Stupid, STOOOPID insomnia! I hate it! I hate it! I HATE IT!

I am so angry! Angry that I have lost the ability to lay down and go to sleep!
I am so angry that I randomly feel pins and needles all over my body when I get stressed like this!
I am so angry that I don't have health insurance right now and no full time job and can't afford to go to the doctor to address this!
I am so angry that the idiot I was married to left me when I needed emotional support through this stuff...although he would have REALLY SUCKED at it. And I'm happy we're not married any more.

I feel sad that I can't call someone to support me right now.

I feel scared that this will go on for years.
I am scared that I'll have to take pills that will make me gain weight.
I'm scared of getting old.

I feel guilty that I'm not perfectly healthy because I'm fat.
My part in this is that I can't make myself go to bed and go to sleep consistently.

Unrealistic expectation - that I can dodge menopausal difficulties just by eating the right food, exercising daily and getting enough sleep.

Realistic expectation - I am a human female and all this is normal and expected, in some form or another, for my stage in life.

Essential pain - I'll have this problem again and again. And again.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:50 AM   #45  
Renaissance Woman

Positive powerful thought - I can take a shower, then drink some cold water and take Motrin PM. And it'll help me feel a little better.

I really hate the pins and needles!

Last edited by geoblewis; 08-10-2013 at 04:23 AM.