3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Dieting with Obstacles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles-14/)
-   -   Fibromyalgia #198 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/271666-fibromyalgia-198-a.html)

Happy Canuk 12-18-2012 12:34 PM

Fibromyalgia #198

http://photos.imageevent.com/happyca...r1_Laufey3.jpg

Hi Candice, Joanne and Yami no Ryu.

Candice - I got your card, thank you. I did send you my PC, as a reply on your note. I used to send out cards, but now I find it a source of irritation so haven't done so now for the second year. My fingers hurt a lot, and that is the problem with writing out cards. Your family has grown and you are all looking wonderfully well (especially you, when you are sick). You know what they say - "But you don't look sick!" Yeah, right!

Joanne - I am sorry to hear that your son and DIL are still there and not planning on making a move soon. I love my kids, but I don't want to live with them, or have them live with me. When my son moved back home for a short time, several years ago, we reverted back to the MOTHER/SON relationship instead of moving forward. I believe that is just natural, but still I was used to having my house the way I wanted it. Enjoy your time at your daughters and a bit of a respite. Hope you keep feeling not too bad.

Yami - nice to see you here. I can't tolerate any of the pain meds either, so I have had to look elsewhere. I have OArthritis as well, and I have been able to manage it and the FM, through chiropractic treatment and massage, and a few other things over the years. I am better now than I have been in years. Not so much pain from the FM anymore either, but still get that darn fatigue and brain fog. I try to eat lots of fruit and veggies, and protein. I have done well with staying away from sugar and starches (in the form of bread, pasta etc) but eat potates and they don't seem to bother me. I have recently been diagnosed with Hypoglycemia as well, and that plays into the Atrial Fibrillation that hasn't been too good the past couple of months.

Take one day at a time, copy the letter you read here, and give it to those that need to understand.

I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year.

Yami no Ryu 12-18-2012 01:00 PM

Thanks for the advice :) I always feel better when going to the chiropractor. Also, I find if I take in too much salt, it makes it MUCH worse. Starches don't seem to bother me overmuch, and I'm glad. I love my pasta! LOL

Happy Canuk 12-18-2012 01:17 PM

I see you are Canadian as well, just at the opposite end than me lol I live in Alberta. I didn't think that wheat was a problem for me at all, but then I watched the Wheat Belly guy that wrote the book. He was on Dr. Oz, and I found it very interesting. Had already not been eating it. Dr. Oz did a test for all to see: To see if it was true or not. He had a few women eat a sandwich for lunch, then tested their blood sugar levels; The next day, he had the same women eat a chocolate bar and did the same test again. He was amazed that their blood sugar level was higher from the bread than from the chocolate bar. It is the higher blood sugar that stores the fat. I don't think I have lost one ounce from NOT eating starches or sugar, so I don't know what to do next. I believe it is the Beta Blocker that I have to take for the Atrial Fibrillation that interferes with the way your blood sugars work.

I love pasta as well, but after eating it, I feel bloated.

I guess the best thing to do, is leave all additives alone. I do no that MSG is a real problem for me, as it gets my heart palpitating and causes a migraine. I think as wel learn more and move forward, we all find out what our triggers are, especially those of us who can't take meds.

Yami no Ryu 12-21-2012 03:46 PM

MSG does me in.

I saw my pharmacist today for the first time in several months. He used to be HUGE, but he's lost so much weight. He has a ways to go, but he's not in imminent danger of death....seriously, he was. I asked him how he was doing it and he said he completely cut out processed foods. If it's not real food, he doesn't eat it. He was, and still is, too big to exercise but he is well on his way. I'm so very proud of him, and I intend to follow his advice. :)

Mima 02-09-2013 09:24 AM

Glad to see you are still here. Was great reading your posts. I am fine-as good as can be expected with 3 kinds of arthritis but I am so happy I had that back surgery!!! I probably wouldn;t even be walking.
Such great weather in FL-everyone back home is totally snowed in. My little girls are one and almost 3. My son was here a couple of weeks ago so I got to see Addy. I had to go back home because my favorite aunt died-almost 90. Got the flu and couldn't fight it. But she was in poor health. They had a lovely service and I got to see all my cousins, brothers and Addy and Lily.
Bye for now. Mima

Candicej 02-10-2013 11:24 PM

Hello ladies, glad to see some posts here..lots of times I talk to myself on the board.

Happy....thanks for x-mas wishes....Yeah meds can be a drag....I can't do them either. Glad you are getting the fm thing undercontrol....I think I have it then a big weather system comes through and wow...pain pain pain~!~ or I just do something that bothers me..most things do.

Hi Yami....yes msg is a killer and am finding pout salt is too....well I don't do salt but you get it in hidden in most things.....dh brought a meal home tonight and it was loaded with sodium..I like to cook my own and use no salt...this week has been bad.....

Mima..good to see you and gld your back surgery is helping..I am having back trouble...hurt it last summer, got better and now I hurt it again...have to use a cane sometimes to get around so I won't fall....just picking up something little will bother me...still taking down my lights and things form x-mas....

Our 1rst grandbaby will be here soon and we will travel a 3 and half hr trip to go see here..but not right away...the mother wants to rest a bit before having company.

Joanne and how are you doing and Meme????????

Mima 02-16-2013 03:04 PM

Wow for the grandbaby Candice. You are going to be so happy . I waited to go see Addy-her other grandma was there.Brrr-cold and windy here today. My daughter and Lily are coming down in a week. Lily is almost 3-miss her so much.
She;s still a redhead. Bye for now Mima

Candicej 03-09-2013 08:40 AM

We just got back from seeing Little Eliana Rose, she is just precious!!!! I miss her already.

Mima we have a redhead too:)

Candicej 03-09-2013 08:43 AM

:)

Happy Canuk 03-11-2013 10:37 PM

Hi Candice and Mima.

Candice - congrats on that beautiful new baby. How sweet. NOTHING is like a gchild. Wonderful. My first gdaughter will be 15 next month. Sure don't know where the time goes. Good grief!

Mima - when doyou come back home? Or are you going to live fulltime in Florida now?

Not much going on here. Planning a trip to europe in May so hoping all goes well. Have trouble with the Atrial Fibrillation but the FM has improved a LOT. Just the fatigue that is annoying, but that comes and goes. Right now, with the change of seasons, I am more aware of all of it.

Have a good evening

Candicej 03-18-2013 11:54 PM

Happy I never did get your postal code..please send it again::)....my fm was doing good for a few months and then the time change and weather thing..glad you are feeling well enough to travel. You get around quite a bit for and old lady!LOL

WE miss seeing our Little Eliana, she is growing so fast. Can't believe yours is 15...wow!

MemeToo 04-12-2013 01:12 AM

Hello ladies. Been a while since I've been here. I see the thread is still not being used much. I have not been well. Disease has progressed more plus I've had colds and the flu and then I fell and have been in a wheelchair and on crutches ... still on crutches and they have messed up my hands, arms and shoulders and thrown everything else out of whack. Not complaining... could have been a lot worse. Hubby also fell ... he was very lucky. He fell off a ladder in the garage and hit the boat motor, a large table AND a saw before crashing on a concrete floor and came away walking! God is good! It is storming tonight so that just makes it all worse.

I've missed talking to all of you. I hope you've been good! I just haven't really felt like 'talking' to anyone. I know you've been there before ...

sabrinadmd 04-16-2013 03:38 AM

Hi All,

My name is Sabrina and I'm brand new to 3FC. I do apologize in advance if I'm not doing this correctly...forums are really new to me!

I'm from the US originally (SF Bay Area!) but I now currently live in beautiful Queensland, Australia. As I'm posting on this tread, I'm sure you've guessed my obstacle as well...I was diagnosed with a chronic pain condition similar to fibro about a month ago. The worst part that I'm struggling with most? The condition started with my health kick! Yup, the pain all started when I started losing weight...ugh! So even though my doc is suggesting I get back to the weight loss journey, a big part of me wants to just give up and eat cake instead (with a HUGE glass of wine..hehe).

I'm a little too shy to put up my numbers yet, but I would love some advice from some fellow fibro warriors. What diets have you had success with? Google is both a friend and enemy as I've tried to look up fibro diets and have found info on going gluten-free, South Beach, etc...it's gets overwhelming so quickly! I've tried Jenny Craig and had success, but dropped out due to expense (not working at the moment) and I've tried Weight Watchers at home but I think having no support is my main issue.

I would also love some feedback on what you do to cope with all the joys of fibro. A friend's mom has the same condition and I've had a chat with her and she's recommending walking, water aerobics and yoga/stretching for exercise along with losing weight, plenty of sleep (thinking of trying to fit in daily naps...thoughts?), and massage as her main methods for coping. I know that everyone responds differently but I'm curious to know what you have tried and what has had success for you.

Sorry for the long post and sorry if I'm butting in as well! Thanks in advance for all your help :)

MemeToo 05-05-2013 07:51 PM

I think this thread has been abandoned.

Candicej 05-07-2013 01:42 AM

Not completely Meme!

Candicej 05-07-2013 01:46 AM

Sabrina....just trial and error...I find taht WW works for me and eating healthy..not a lot of sweets and BAD FATS and that kind of stuff. I do pilates daily on an areo pilates machine and lots of stretching...I used to do water classes but my skin had problems with the water so stopped...but it was excellent when I did it. I garden some..love it but it makes me hurt and go on long walks when I can..weather permitting....the winters are brutal and summer much more tolorable after the sun goes down.

Meme..are you doing any better?

MemeToo 05-07-2013 04:11 PM

Not as much as I thought I would. I'm still on crutches. I was hoping to be off them by now. It's hard to lose weight when you can't do anything. I'm back up in the 160s. UGH! Lugging that around on my hands and arms is killing me. My fibro & RA are both working overtime. I have a family reunion in NC next month (6 wks) and I would like to lose 10-15 pounds before that but it will be very hard if I can't at least walk. My favorite aunt died last week and I couldn't even go to the funeral (it was also in NC). It will be 5 weeks Thursday since I fell, you'd think I would be off the crutches or at least one of them by now!

Just sign me: Couch Potato

MemeToo 05-07-2013 04:17 PM

Sabrina ... I'm not being rude. I didn't answer your question because I'm not really doing anything right now. My Rheumatologist has me on methotrexate, naproxen & tramadol but other than that ... I'm just sitting waiting to heal from a fall. Sorry I can't be more help! :(

sabrinadmd 05-12-2013 05:27 AM

Hi Candice and Meme!

Thanks for replying - I have to admit I felt a bit silly writing on here as I wasn't sure if it was proper etiquette...

Candice - trial and error...ugh, that's what I thought! I struggle to lose a pound a week no matter how hard I work or what I do, even when I was quite active which is really hard these days. I'd like to lose a bit but honestly sometimes I just want to give up! I've tried Jenny Craig, a home delivery system, Weight Watchers at home, counting calories... I've had a little success, around 25lb loss but I'm a bit stuck in limbo now that I'm not moving as much. *Sigh* Thanks for the advice though!

Meme - No worries at all. Sorry to hear about your fall, wishing you a speedy recovery!

Thanks again for writing back!

Candicej 05-16-2013 03:23 AM

sabrina don't give up..the weight thing is a very slow process...sometimes I only lose 1/2 a month....if I could be more active on a regular basis it would help but I can't...I go in spurts when I feel good enough to do it and try to not overdo but I am know for overdoing like most Fibromites! I see you are an Aussie???? I chat with a gal on FB and used to belong to a yahoo email group with a lady from Queensland with Fibro...but everyone quit posting.

Meme....are you doing any physical therapy for your fall? What did you hurt..your hip? It just takes time.....I don't like sitting still either!!!!!!

sabrinadmd 05-20-2013 07:42 AM

Hey Candice,

It's just so frustrating how slow it goes! But I just found out that I'm gluten and dairy intolerant, so hopefully elimination of these will help! I am the same way - part of it, I guess! I am American originally but indeed I live in Australia now - just outside of Brisbane in Queensland.

Thanks again for all your help and good luck!

Candicej 05-22-2013 01:31 AM

Sabrina...yes finding that out should help quite a lot......good luck on your new quest!

MemeToo 05-27-2013 04:51 PM

FINALLY ... I can walk without crutches!! But, when I do for more than 10 or 15 minutes my back and side start hurting ... go figure. Guess it's from limping or giving to my right side. I pulled the ligaments and muscles in my groin and fell on my hip. Messed up my leg, hip and back but mainly the groin area. I thought I had broken the bone but my Rheumatologist said it wasn't broken but it took months for an injury like that to heal. It has been over 2 months now. I've been on crutches before for months at a time but I don't remember it being this hard. Guess my arms and hands were not in as bad a shape as they are now. I'm in so much pain now I can't stand myself!

Mima 05-29-2013 10:29 AM

Hi guys I am here. What a 2 months it's been. We got a call in March that Brad's youngest brother-only one actually had a rare incurable brain disease. So we came home and started helping out. Brad is working on his house-I help with paper work. His wife is Cambodian and cant even write a check because she doesn't know the numbers in English He died on April 21st-very quickly for that disease but he was getting harder and harder to take care of. His poor wife-she is only 43 . Fortunately she has 2 sons and one lives with her. What a culture that is-they are the sweetest people.
Then cousin Roger died but he had had pancreatic cancer for 3 years/ In all. 12 people died last year including my all time favorite aunt/
Finally getting back to normal-I only go over once a week to help and I should be there now. Going camping this weekend,
Brad insists that we go back to FL in September-just in time for the hurricanes,
Meme=so sorry about your condition and you are so young . Congrats Candice-my youngest is Adalyn Rose. I don't see enough of them . But I am happy Jim is bacxk from Afghanistan.
I know some one named RYU and it is pronounced LOU. Nice to hear from you.
Well gotta go-gotta find 2 titles to the cars and fax Verizon her ss card and license so I
the acct can go in her name. Nothing was in her name but now most of it is.
Hi Happy and Joanne. Mima

Mima 05-30-2013 10:07 AM

I am allergic to wheat dairy soy and cannot eat raw vegetables lately. The stores are full of good products. Not when I was first diagnosed30 years ago. So check out the grocery store. I love rice milk and i u send away for bread and pastry. To Berlin farms in Ohio. Course you have to spend a bit more money

Happy Canuk 06-09-2013 11:18 PM

Hi Meme, Mima, Candice and Sabrina.

Nice to see we are not dead in the water just yet:)

Meme - What have you done to yourself now? When did you fall? I am happy to read that you are now able to walk without crutches. Gosh, you have really had a time of it.

Mima - Sorry for your losses. Are you still away 6 months or are you staying in Florida longer?

Candice - how are you feeling. It is darn hard to lose without being able to get around.

Sabrina - I have to go read your original post.

We went to Scandinavia for 3 weeks, and just got home a week ago. Had a great trip. Had some problems with the Atrial Fibrillation while away, but I am alive to talk about it. Going to see the Cardiologist on the 25 June, and hopefully will get some answers as to what is going on with this heart.

I'll say goodnight for now and see if anybody comes along a talks to me:D

Mima 06-28-2013 04:35 PM

Just got out of the hospital from gastro bleeding. Ulcerated scar tissue in my intestine. Have severe diverticulosis had a colonoscopy and the prep was brutal because of the ibs doc said my colon could perforate. I am on flax seed and Metamucil. And probiotics. I am so careful with my diet but it happened anyways. Sanrina you got good advice to help you with the fibro. The hospital would not give me all Meds and Tylenol but they asked if I wanted Percocet. Resting up today. I slept almost 12 hours last night. Candice that baby is gorgeous. Meme. So sorry about your pain. I think of the fact that I am a believer and when I get to Heaven my body will be new. Glad you got to go on a trip. Happy. Bye for now mims

Candicej 07-05-2013 01:56 AM

Well if we old timers aren't just fallin' apart!LOL

Meme..glad your crutches can be done without for a bit...it will take time..over 10 years ago when I broke my foot and used cruthes it was very hard to get my body back to normal whatever that is. Fibro bodies just can't take trauma! Hang on girlie:) Ouch on the groin strain.......

Mima...hope you heal up fast....sorry to hear about your colon. You just never stop running;) Is Brad still pretty healthy? So we both have a Rose...Ours is so adorable..she was here a few weeks ago and will be back the end of July....can't wait to see her! She is 4 months now. I miss being able to see her often..they live over 3 hrs away but we video chat with her:)

Happy...Sounds like you had a nice trip..but hope they figure out your heart problems.

My pain has been better lately..but still tend to overdo...and my pelvic stuff is back...IC or pelvic floor they can't decide and haves not gone to a urologist yet...just didn't want another doc to go to now. We had very nice weather this week and had a whole house generator installed so if power goes off it kicks on in 30 seconds....the power goes off in this neighbor hood a lot. But we gotta break it in for 10 hrs..first..then they will come and set it to run 12 min a week for maintainance. Got trimmers coming next week cause it hurts me to wack at the shrubs and trees here.

Mima 07-14-2013 06:48 PM

Hi all. I am doing ok. Have to take Metamucil every day so I won't get in trouble. I also have been taking pearls. A probiotic for a month and have not had ibs. Even after ice cream. It still gives me sinus trouble but not a stomache ache. Now I have had lots of asthma. We have had hot and humid weather for a while. I had 3 year old Lily here overnight. What a trip. She needed band aids to make her game work. Batteries! She is trained so its not too hard bye for now and hi to all.

mandmsgirl 07-18-2013 03:41 AM

chia Seeds

I have had a lot of obstacles this year...I have fibromyalgia, hypoglycemia and I tore the cartilage in my knee 6 months ago but I found a wonderful way to lose weight. I make smoothies with chia seeds and put them in my oatmeal or yogurt and it controls my appetite.

Mima 07-23-2013 09:29 AM

Good morning A boring rainy day but we need it Oh good-I have plantar fasciitis again-probably from wearing crocs all summer . Back to my orthotics .
Getting ready for VBS-hope my coteacher shows up tomorrow. Just to plan. Rose will be back soon-babies are so wonderful . Hope you all are as well as can be, 2 more months til we go back to Florida. Mima

Lupus 08-06-2013 10:48 AM

Is it ok to post here? I have lupus and fibro, been very frustrated, I had my spleen and part of my pancreas out about a year ago and thus I was put on the south beach diet.
I fall on and off because of stress (I am a stress eater) and gaining weight just really hurts with the fibro.
I am trying to control my portions and fat (I tend to eat more nuts than I should, not bad fat though) but I have been exercising so I am wondering if it's ok to have more, I am guessing no, but controlling my appetite has been a challenge.
I think I will try chia seeds, I hope they help.

KayMaxim 08-23-2013 01:02 AM

Keep going ladies! You can make it!

Lupus 08-26-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KayMaxim (Post 4823151)
Keep going ladies! You can make it!

That meant more to me than you might realize, thank you:hug:.

Candicej 10-30-2013 05:22 PM

ah chia seeds will give them a ry too!

Lupus yes u an post here...not very active thread here anymore like the old days...ya just gotta stick to it..everyday counts and it al adds up.

Havig a hip leg pain problem..need toget to the doc but have had workers here again..always something.

Happy is your addrss the same as last years?????

Mima how is your planter faciaitis?

Mem..dd you survie the crutches?

Candicej 11-03-2013 03:26 PM

Well I have hurt my back cleaning and playing with the grand...among other stuff I'm sure. The doc said to rest for 2 weeks with feet u s often s I can. nothing over 5lbs to lift..no cooking or baking due the bending and twisting...can't really do much...t all causes pain anyway. and just when my Fibro was doing well There is too much to do here that is not everyday stuff..but am making dh help with laundry ad small stuff. They thin it is disc due to the pain down my leg..severe pain!!!!!! But there are other things too that can cause it. no MRI yet...I want but they say no for now.

So I am rying to do stretches that don't hurt my back so I do not get a flare...not very happy camper...

anyone have this issue?

Candicej 12-05-2013 07:56 PM

Well it's been a month and no one is posting here! My back is still bad..2 docs and MRI...2 herniated and 2 buldging and a narrowing are the cause of the pain so trying not to do a lot of lifting or bending..but its holiday time and I am busy with lights and wrapping and stuff...no baking or cooking yet...

Candicej 12-20-2013 11:57 AM

Just popping in to see if anyone is around...still got leg problems and very painful...

The kids were here for their x-mas..our little grand is so cute now!!!!!!

Candicej 12-20-2013 11:59 AM

:tree::tree::tree::ginger::ginger::ginger:

Candicej 12-20-2013 12:06 PM

:candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy: :present::present::present::present: