Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #46  

Hello Hemum..sorry you have Fibro...it is not nice to have but you can manage it, it might take a while to get it under control. Tell us about yourself???????

Last edited by Candicej; 12-30-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:00 PM   #47  

Hello.....
Old 01-23-2014, 11:59 PM   #48  

Default fibro

Hi. I'm new here too. I've had fibro for 17 years. I find I can lose a bit of weight but give up as soon as my fibro flares just feeling like what's the use or I'll do better tomorrow. I started gaining weight 25 years ago when we found out our daughter had autism. I got into the habit of using food to make myself feel better and now I am here with 110 extra pounds. I also found if I am hurting eating a LOT of sweets helps the pain a bit. Of course long term it hurts more to carry the weight. I now seem to use food for any discomfort. I would be glad to hear about others experience with dealing with fibro.
anit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:55 PM   #49  

Hello Anit..first time I have heard that sugar helps anything!LOL My Fibro has been good for nows..but this sciatica pain is killing me...can't do nay of my stretches that help my Fibro....and this cold is terrible this year.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:57 PM   #50  

Hello.............
Old 02-09-2014, 06:50 PM   #51  

Hello....
Old 02-25-2014, 05:14 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 220/213/140

Height: 5ft 4in

I'm new here too. Was diagnosed with Narcolepsy about 13 years ago and Fibro about 10 years ago. I'm not on any meds for the Fibro as they ma interfere with my Narcolepsy meds so I'm basically winging it and learning what I can and cannot get away with re exercise. I usually find that of I have a good day and decide to spend the day getting jobs done and gardening that I'll be laid up for a couple of days after. However I have also learned that my Narcolepsy meds give me mental alertness and the need to do more things which is great usually but not when my body literally cannot do it lol.
LoopyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:36 AM   #53  

Default livin with fibro...

Hi
I have fibromyalgia, insulin resistance , pcos from last 5/6 years.On top of it suffer from small fibre neuropathy in legs and fatty liver issue.i can totally understand how difficult it gets when flare up happens.
I always had difficulty in loosing wt , but frm last six mnths the scales have refused to budge.Started 5.2 dietfrom nov , and goin to gymnasium for 2 days a week. No wt loss, but my energy levels have gone up a lot with 5.2.have increased my protein in take and reducing carbs in the diet.How much I wish I could see some results.
And this wet winters r killing me..
Take care everybody.....and let me know wat is working for you.....
bittsbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:34 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 242/240/150

Height: 5'5

Hey I have a question. When u have flare ups do u feel swollen. Especially in hands. I had a really stressful weekend and really tiring, today hands feel like balloons and hurt everywhere. I know it is a flare up but it sucks. And scale says back up .6 so I was sad. I'm sure it is weight gain from water/swelling. Even though I drown myself in water every dY 2-3 liters a day. I feel like crap.
I'm sorry just complaining.
I have fibro, hypothyroid, anxiety,and depression. U know all the stuff that tends to go with fibro. I think I have the whole list but 2 cause I don't have periods anymore.. And I mean the long list of fibro symptoms/co diseases.
Anyway new to this one so wanted to give some background
Occheermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:41 PM   #55  

I guess everybody has left this thread. I'm sorry. Kept looking in but no one but Candice shows up. Sorry to see this happen. You can find me on Face Book if you want to hook up.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:50 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemeToo View Post
I guess everybody has left this thread. I'm sorry. Kept looking in but no one but Candice shows up. Sorry to see this happen. You can find me on Face Book if you want to hook up.
Just found this thread, I too have FM diagnosed for 4 years. Hopefully you will be back MemeToo, as you haven't left us your Facebook name...
I don't take pharmaceuticals for my fibro (my choice & my MD's choice too) but I do take supplements that help. I also have gone gluten free (very seriously like a celiac does) and it has totally cleared up my IBS.
I am off to the chiropractor this morning as I find he helps a lot with my pain - I go for a realignment & tune up lol every 6 weeks or so.
I will check back later on this thread to see if anyone else is back on it... I know some days you just don't want to bother with anything, even being on the computer can be too much for your hands and neck.
Hope to connect with other gals soon. You are welcome to read my profile for more info on me & fibro. It's short I promise.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:32 AM   #57  

Hi Liana, this thread used to have quite a few people on it. I participated for years but kind-of dropped out a couple of years ago. Most of the people have about stopped, it seems. I've been posting in here for almost 14 years but the last year or so no one much has been here when I would come back to read the posts so I stopped, too. I keep up with one or two on face book.

I have Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis & Fibro as well as various other aliments like anemia, tinnitus, neuropathy and glaucoma. I manage on as few meds as I can get by with including 2 big ones: Methotrexate & Enbrel.
Like everyone else, I have my good days and my bad days.
I worked with all this mess, raised 2 kids, 4 grandkids and ran the house for years but I'm retired now so can kind-of call the shots if I want to stay in bed a little longer or get up and try to act nice.

Hope some of you guys DO get back in here soon!!! I miss talking to you.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:27 PM   #58  

Still nobody around, huh? Talkin' to myself?? OK ... hope you all had a good Easter. Mine was great. Just found out my son is getting a divorce. My best friend and her husband has been split up for about 3 years now and she told me last week THEY are getting a divorce and son-in-law has serious liver disease and now has kidney stones again. AND ... Pastor has been diagnosed with Fibro. Just wonderful news after wonderful news here. Hope you guys are fairing better! Would love to hear from you.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:50 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemeToo View Post
Still nobody around, huh? Talkin' to myself?? OK ... hope you all had a good Easter. Mine was great. Just found out my son is getting a divorce. My best friend and her husband has been split up for about 3 years now and she told me last week THEY are getting a divorce and son-in-law has serious liver disease and now has kidney stones again. AND ... Pastor has been diagnosed with Fibro. Just wonderful news after wonderful news here. Hope you guys are fairing better! Would love to hear from you.
Yikes MemeToo!! Sounds like a lot (not so good) going on in your neighbourhood...
I hope you are able to step back and care for yourself before getting too involved with these other issues. It sounds kind of selfish, but we really can't be there to support others when our own reserves haven't been built up. I also have Osteo, but from car accidents and overuse injuries as a Fitness Instructor.
btw, tinnitus is also a fibromyalgia 'symptom.'

I am to be found mostly on the Ideal Protein threads as I have been maintaining my weight loss of 31 lbs for almost 8 weeks and I like to give the other gals as much support and menu ideas as possible.

A big Hi to Occheermommy who joined us here in March, hopefully she'll be back. You know how it is with fibro fog though - if it's not in front of your face you forget it's there... That's why it took me so long to get back here, lol. I forgot about this thread totally.

We had a beautiful sunny spring day and DH & I went for a 1 hour walk tonight after dinner - which is just what I needed because I kind of overdid it with the hunks of Grana Padano Parmesan at dinner It's great to listen to all the birds & frogs out here. The redwing blackbirds are absolutely singing like nuts these days - obviously building nests & protecting territory!

Liana
Old 05-08-2014, 01:43 PM   #60  

Default Any(fibro)body out there?

Just a check in Hi!

Liana