Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:46 AM   #16  

Sabrina....just trial and error...I find taht WW works for me and eating healthy..not a lot of sweets and BAD FATS and that kind of stuff. I do pilates daily on an areo pilates machine and lots of stretching...I used to do water classes but my skin had problems with the water so stopped...but it was excellent when I did it. I garden some..love it but it makes me hurt and go on long walks when I can..weather permitting....the winters are brutal and summer much more tolorable after the sun goes down.

Meme..are you doing any better?
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #17  

Not as much as I thought I would. I'm still on crutches. I was hoping to be off them by now. It's hard to lose weight when you can't do anything. I'm back up in the 160s. UGH! Lugging that around on my hands and arms is killing me. My fibro & RA are both working overtime. I have a family reunion in NC next month (6 wks) and I would like to lose 10-15 pounds before that but it will be very hard if I can't at least walk. My favorite aunt died last week and I couldn't even go to the funeral (it was also in NC). It will be 5 weeks Thursday since I fell, you'd think I would be off the crutches or at least one of them by now!

Just sign me: Couch Potato
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #18  

Sabrina ... I'm not being rude. I didn't answer your question because I'm not really doing anything right now. My Rheumatologist has me on methotrexate, naproxen & tramadol but other than that ... I'm just sitting waiting to heal from a fall. Sorry I can't be more help!
Old 05-12-2013, 05:27 AM   #19  

Hi Candice and Meme!

Thanks for replying - I have to admit I felt a bit silly writing on here as I wasn't sure if it was proper etiquette...

Candice - trial and error...ugh, that's what I thought! I struggle to lose a pound a week no matter how hard I work or what I do, even when I was quite active which is really hard these days. I'd like to lose a bit but honestly sometimes I just want to give up! I've tried Jenny Craig, a home delivery system, Weight Watchers at home, counting calories... I've had a little success, around 25lb loss but I'm a bit stuck in limbo now that I'm not moving as much. *Sigh* Thanks for the advice though!

Meme - No worries at all. Sorry to hear about your fall, wishing you a speedy recovery!

Thanks again for writing back!
sabrinadmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:23 AM   #20  

sabrina don't give up..the weight thing is a very slow process...sometimes I only lose 1/2 a month....if I could be more active on a regular basis it would help but I can't...I go in spurts when I feel good enough to do it and try to not overdo but I am know for overdoing like most Fibromites! I see you are an Aussie???? I chat with a gal on FB and used to belong to a yahoo email group with a lady from Queensland with Fibro...but everyone quit posting.

Meme....are you doing any physical therapy for your fall? What did you hurt..your hip? It just takes time.....I don't like sitting still either!!!!!!

Last edited by Candicej; 05-16-2013 at 03:26 AM. Reason: forgot
Old 05-20-2013, 07:42 AM   #21  

Hey Candice,

It's just so frustrating how slow it goes! But I just found out that I'm gluten and dairy intolerant, so hopefully elimination of these will help! I am the same way - part of it, I guess! I am American originally but indeed I live in Australia now - just outside of Brisbane in Queensland.

Thanks again for all your help and good luck!
sabrinadmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:31 AM   #22  

Sabrina...yes finding that out should help quite a lot......good luck on your new quest!
Old 05-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #23  

FINALLY ... I can walk without crutches!! But, when I do for more than 10 or 15 minutes my back and side start hurting ... go figure. Guess it's from limping or giving to my right side. I pulled the ligaments and muscles in my groin and fell on my hip. Messed up my leg, hip and back but mainly the groin area. I thought I had broken the bone but my Rheumatologist said it wasn't broken but it took months for an injury like that to heal. It has been over 2 months now. I've been on crutches before for months at a time but I don't remember it being this hard. Guess my arms and hands were not in as bad a shape as they are now. I'm in so much pain now I can't stand myself!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #24  

Hi guys I am here. What a 2 months it's been. We got a call in March that Brad's youngest brother-only one actually had a rare incurable brain disease. So we came home and started helping out. Brad is working on his house-I help with paper work. His wife is Cambodian and cant even write a check because she doesn't know the numbers in English He died on April 21st-very quickly for that disease but he was getting harder and harder to take care of. His poor wife-she is only 43 . Fortunately she has 2 sons and one lives with her. What a culture that is-they are the sweetest people.
Then cousin Roger died but he had had pancreatic cancer for 3 years/ In all. 12 people died last year including my all time favorite aunt/
Finally getting back to normal-I only go over once a week to help and I should be there now. Going camping this weekend,
Brad insists that we go back to FL in September-just in time for the hurricanes,
Meme=so sorry about your condition and you are so young . Congrats Candice-my youngest is Adalyn Rose. I don't see enough of them . But I am happy Jim is bacxk from Afghanistan.
I know some one named RYU and it is pronounced LOU. Nice to hear from you.
Well gotta go-gotta find 2 titles to the cars and fax Verizon her ss card and license so I
the acct can go in her name. Nothing was in her name but now most of it is.
Hi Happy and Joanne. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #25  

I am allergic to wheat dairy soy and cannot eat raw vegetables lately. The stores are full of good products. Not when I was first diagnosed30 years ago. So check out the grocery store. I love rice milk and i u send away for bread and pastry. To Berlin farms in Ohio. Course you have to spend a bit more money
Old 06-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #26  

Hi Meme, Mima, Candice and Sabrina.

Nice to see we are not dead in the water just yet

Meme - What have you done to yourself now? When did you fall? I am happy to read that you are now able to walk without crutches. Gosh, you have really had a time of it.

Mima - Sorry for your losses. Are you still away 6 months or are you staying in Florida longer?

Candice - how are you feeling. It is darn hard to lose without being able to get around.

Sabrina - I have to go read your original post.

We went to Scandinavia for 3 weeks, and just got home a week ago. Had a great trip. Had some problems with the Atrial Fibrillation while away, but I am alive to talk about it. Going to see the Cardiologist on the 25 June, and hopefully will get some answers as to what is going on with this heart.

I'll say goodnight for now and see if anybody comes along a talks to me
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #27  

Just got out of the hospital from gastro bleeding. Ulcerated scar tissue in my intestine. Have severe diverticulosis had a colonoscopy and the prep was brutal because of the ibs doc said my colon could perforate. I am on flax seed and Metamucil. And probiotics. I am so careful with my diet but it happened anyways. Sanrina you got good advice to help you with the fibro. The hospital would not give me all Meds and Tylenol but they asked if I wanted Percocet. Resting up today. I slept almost 12 hours last night. Candice that baby is gorgeous. Meme. So sorry about your pain. I think of the fact that I am a believer and when I get to Heaven my body will be new. Glad you got to go on a trip. Happy. Bye for now mims
Old 07-05-2013, 01:56 AM   #28  

Well if we old timers aren't just fallin' apart!LOL

Meme..glad your crutches can be done without for a bit...it will take time..over 10 years ago when I broke my foot and used cruthes it was very hard to get my body back to normal whatever that is. Fibro bodies just can't take trauma! Hang on girlie Ouch on the groin strain.......

Mima...hope you heal up fast....sorry to hear about your colon. You just never stop running Is Brad still pretty healthy? So we both have a Rose...Ours is so adorable..she was here a few weeks ago and will be back the end of July....can't wait to see her! She is 4 months now. I miss being able to see her often..they live over 3 hrs away but we video chat with her

Happy...Sounds like you had a nice trip..but hope they figure out your heart problems.

My pain has been better lately..but still tend to overdo...and my pelvic stuff is back...IC or pelvic floor they can't decide and haves not gone to a urologist yet...just didn't want another doc to go to now. We had very nice weather this week and had a whole house generator installed so if power goes off it kicks on in 30 seconds....the power goes off in this neighbor hood a lot. But we gotta break it in for 10 hrs..first..then they will come and set it to run 12 min a week for maintainance. Got trimmers coming next week cause it hurts me to wack at the shrubs and trees here.

Last edited by Candicej; 07-05-2013 at 06:41 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:48 PM   #29  

Hi all. I am doing ok. Have to take Metamucil every day so I won't get in trouble. I also have been taking pearls. A probiotic for a month and have not had ibs. Even after ice cream. It still gives me sinus trouble but not a stomache ache. Now I have had lots of asthma. We have had hot and humid weather for a while. I had 3 year old Lily here overnight. What a trip. She needed band aids to make her game work. Batteries! She is trained so its not too hard bye for now and hi to all.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:41 AM   #30  

Default chia Seeds

I have had a lot of obstacles this year...I have fibromyalgia, hypoglycemia and I tore the cartilage in my knee 6 months ago but I found a wonderful way to lose weight. I make smoothies with chia seeds and put them in my oatmeal or yogurt and it controls my appetite.
mandmsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote