Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Default Starting over.......AGAIN with obstacles!

Hello All -

I have been a member of this forum for a while and was following WW and doing great. I had lost almost 25lbs and was feeling wonderful. Then life starting crumbling around me. Between 2008 and now I have had three eye surgeries to save my eyesight, my mother passed away unexpectedly, and just when I thought things were looking up (I went back to work & found a job I loved and my eyes were doing much better), I had a stroke this past March

Needless to say, I gained all the weight back I had lost PLUS some. Because of the stroke, exercise is difficult and my life has become very sedentary.

Today when I woke up I braved the scale and was shocked to find I was at my all time high of 189! Between the stroke and the weight gain, I feel like I am 90 years old (I am 47) and need to work on myself.........NOW!

I have decided to go back to counting points and watching my portions (a big problem for me). I also have been using a Vitamix my husband bought and have been making green smoothies every day.

Since I am now using a cane with a leg brace to get around, my plan is to at least "walk" the house at least 30 times a day (up and back) to get moving again.

One good thing though is that I remember how wonderful I felt when I had lost that weight before. So I can use that memory as a goal.

Since I can't drive, going to WW meetings is out. And anyone who has had a major medical problem..... well, I don't have to tell you that paying for WW online isn't going to happen right now. Gotta pay the medical bills first.

I look forward to watching my new ticker slide back down. I know it will be tough, but I also know I can do it!
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #2  
ADL

S/C/G: 175/169/140

Height: 5"7

Wow, totally inspirational! I am so happy that you are not getting discouraged and getting right back onto your weight loss plan. I think walking is a great idea, anything to get out of the gym is good. Have you tried swimming? My friend had a lot of movement issues and she said that moving in water really helps.
ADL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #3  

Yes you can do it. You did it once before, sure you can do it again. You already have an idea how and with greater motivation you can do it easily this time.
virgiea68 is offline   Reply With Quote