hormone problems

• I've lost quite a bit of weight, go to the gym 5 days/week, eat healthy, live a better lifestyle.

My husband and I were hoping to conceive, its been 2 years with no success. A few months ago I went on meds to help stimulate ovulation, which he thinks makes me hormonal. I have noticed that I feel lazy, lack of motivation etc.

I started having some medical issues, was told I have a mass, now I'm a little in the dumps. I'm afraid that I will lack self control because of all of these things.

Anyone else have similar problems? How do you maintain control?
  • What exactly do you mean you have a mass ?
  • They think I might have ovarian cancer
  • BusyB, the first thing is to do as they British say: Stay Calm and Carry On. I was told I might have brain cancer so I can understand. I'm also on medication for chronic daily migraines and am cutting back because all it has done is made me gain weight and have zero energy. Take one day at a time and tackle only what is right in front of you. If it is cancer, you will deal with it. I want to definitely send you some huge hugs. You have come SUCH a long way in your weight loss. Stay with it and eat healthy since that can only help just about any situation. I find that when I'm in control of my food, I can handle much more coming my way.
  • Thank you. Sorry to hear about your medical problems, I also suffer from migraine but came off meds thinking we wld be pregnant by now.

I should know more in October, I'm hoping that I don't have to have a complete hysterectomy. I'm only 31, that would be a long road of hormone replacement! Plus, I'm allergic to estrogen, it increases my migraines, so would make for a never ending cycle.

Thanks for the advise
  • Quote: They think I might have ovarian cancer
    BusyB, if they "think" you have ovarian cancer they will be taking tests, have you had an biopsy or PET Scan? There is no guess work about it.
  • BusyB,

Maybe you have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome? It's very common. It causes horrible weight gain, hormonal imbalances, and issues with ovulation. Do a google search and if you match up with quite a few of the symptoms, go see your GYNO.
  • They're waiting til October to start all of the testing. They originally told me, back in March, that they thought I could have p.o.s but whenever they would do the ultrasound they would just come back & tell me that I had "excessive fluid" likely from ruptured cysts. So, they recently found a mass on my ovarie. More tests to come.

They told me to decide if I want kids, because I likely have endrometriosis, so I could have kids now or move forward with having the scope done.

My mom thinks I will end up with a hystorectomy soon. If so, I would be on hormone replacement for 20+ years.

A little scary...
  • BusyB: Why on earth are they waiting 'til October to start any testing? I would think time is of the essence. Maybe you need another option. Um . . . I mean a professional opinion - not just mine. *rolling my eyes at myself*
  • My husband thought the same thing, so, after some research we found it was normal to wait several weeks and re-test. I think they know what they're doing, they have been spot on regarding everything else so far. The doctor even told me what they would find before the tests were done, based on my complaints. Not to mention, I have a family friend who works for the clinic.

I'm not so concerned with condition as I am how to handle the possible changes in my life and how the treatment may affect my weightloss.