Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Smile Losing weight & recovering from stroke!

Several years ago I lost almost 30lbs and was almost at my goal weight. Then I had a medical issue come up that left me & my family wondering if I would ever see again. During this time, depression took hold and taste & smell became my overwhelming, constant companion. Gained all the weight back

The good news though is that after three eye surgeries, I am able to see again and function.

Then, just as I was getting back on track, on March 16, 2012, out of the blue, I had a stroke!!!

Now I am not only dealing with trying to lose weight AGAIN (with added pounds from inactivity), but also trying to deal with the after effects of having a stroke. I am having to relearn how to walk and am having memory issues.

I tell myself every day: IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE! And I soldier on knowing that giving up is the worse thing I could do.

To help with my therapy (memory and cognitive issues) I have started a blog (thank you 3FC for the free blogs) called: One Step At A Time http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/onestepatatime/.

I want to use it to chronicle both my journey to lose weight but to also write down how I am handling the frustration, obstacles and yes, triumphs that go along with getting my life back after having a stroke.

Mostly, I hope to give everyone a dose of hope with whatever obstacles you are dealing with in your life!

Marie

Last edited by tiniree; 06-21-2012 at 03:12 PM. Reason: adding link
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

Marie, best of luck to you on your recovery. Your courage (& blog) is an inspiration to all of us.

How can we help?
Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Love your blog AND your spirit.

I changed your profile slightly so that folks can go to your 3FC blog by clicking on My 3FC Diet Blog just to the left of your post.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2"

Thank you so much for fixing that. I tried but couldn't figure it out.

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote