Perimenopause / POF / Menopause anyone?

• I just found out this morning that I am quite deeply in premature ovarian failure and perimenopause... The conclusion of my appointment was that I would probably have my last period within 2-3 years time...

I've got horrendous symptoms of it and I swear one of them was sudden weight gain... I'm only 29 so this really sucks. Thank God I finished my family already, but I still feel alone and broken and sad. My body totally sucks right now.

Is anyone else going through this or gone through this? It sucks that the news came today as well as I just started my Diet Chef plan today - so now I want to eat chocolate and drown myself in a vat of wine and I can't! LOL
  • I'm not in perimenopause yet (that I know of), but it sounds like it's not fun at all.

I hope you start to feel better... in the meantime, there was a thread on perimenopause in the 40-somethings page that had quite a few responses. Maybe someone there had a similar experience.

GL!
  • I am entering perimenopause, missing some periods but not yet gone without any for a year. I did not gain weight because I was on a diet at the moment it started, so in fact now I look better than when in my 20's. My only symptom so far is hot flashes at night, but that is not uncomfortable, just funny.
    Just a piece of advice: if you are having a premature menopause, ask your doctor to check your bones and your heart, which will stop being protected by hormones. Some (he) doctors don't pay attention to that and then women suffer the consequences... Good luck, and take it easy! It is not the end of the world at all!