Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #1  
Warrior Princess

Default Prolapsed bladder

Not really an obstacle but embarassing. Anyone else have to wear a pad when doing cardio/jogging? :/

I know there's surgery to fix this but I am scared. Anything else I can do?
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/230/120

Height: 5'4"

I have prolapse issues and was told to absolutely not do high impact activities or my prolapse could worsen. I was told that even if I have the surgery that I would have to give up the high impact activities so that the repairs would hold up. But yes, I often wear a pantyliner when working out.
Coffeelover64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:54 PM   #3  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

I have prolapse and was told to swim... no high impact. Be careful! Otherwise sometimes I have issues when walking and do wear pads.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #4  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I have had transvaginal tape surgery for my incontinence, and have had some problems with recurrent uti's but otherwise have been happy with it. Before that tho, I did use a pessary for a year. It was no more difficult to put in and out than a diaphragm, (which I used for birth control for years) and was effective. I mean, really, could you (and should you) refrain from having fun for ever. No and low impact? that may be ok for general exercise, but sometimes I wanted to run up the stairs, and jump for joy, and otherwise let loose. The pessary isn't perfect either but is a reasonable alternative.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #5  
Changing for the better

Thanks for sharing fatmad, I have read about pessary use. If my incontinence gets any worse I will ask about getting one. I have a recurent uti issue, as well. I have some nerve damage along with the prolapse so it is hard to fully empty my bladder. My doctor basically said no running or jumping. I have a foot issue now too so it wouldnt be an option anyway!
Old 06-03-2012, 11:29 PM   #6  
Warrior Princess

I only have an issue when running or jumping, makes me leak a little but not too bad. I sometimes wear a panty liner, sometimes not. This started after childbirth and I thought it was fairly common? I've been working out cardio/strength since February and it hasn't worsened. It's a chance I'm willing to take for now. I'll talk to my GYN next time I see him...I have honestly never brought it up because I figured most women that have given birth have this issue. Guess not. :/
Old 06-03-2012, 11:36 PM   #7  
Warrior Princess

I've also heard that kegel exercises and um....ben wah balls are very helpful.

Also I'm not so sure but I think I may just have weak muscles causing incontinence and not so much an actual prolapsed bladder. I will find out. Thanks everyone.

Last edited by novangel; 06-03-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:21 AM   #8  
Changing for the better

The kegels do help, so my doctor says, I am thinkjng that my obesity makes it worse. My son was 9.5 pounds when he was born, more common with big babies or multiple childbirths. My mom has it and so do a few of my friends. This may be TMI but I knew something wasnt right after I had my son because there was a bulge in my vagina that wasn't there before I had my son. My rectum is also prolapsed into my vagina. Strange issues, I know!