3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Dieting with Obstacles

Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Losing weight with adrenal fatigue and hypothyroid

Old 04-26-2014, 04:00 PM   #16

I am getting tested for adrenal disorder, finally. You seem to have a lot of success. Did the supplements really help? I have gain 15 pounds in six months, watch everything I eat and exercised. So frustrated! Saw your success post and wondering if you might share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reanbean View Post
UPDATE: I think I'm cured! 5 months later, and various diets adhered to, 18 pounds down, and hopefully more to come!

Check out the full details in the mini goals forum, and ask me any questions about how I recovered and lost weight if you like! I want to post pictures once I'm at 20 lbs lost :-)
daisymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:50 PM   #17
Hang on little root!!

S/C/G: 164/146/132

Height: 5'5"

Hi Daisy,

Yes, I do believe that the supplements helped. I'm now pregnant, so I am more tired, yet if I avoid carbs I tend to feel better. The adaptogens were great on a daily basis, but nothing beats general vitamins, because when you're lacking in a particular vitamin or mineral, it can take months to return to normal. I LOVE my prenatals! I have also incorporated some fruit, and hardcore Probiotics, but I avoid all herbal, adaptogenic, and hormonal supplements now, since they haven't been tested much on pregnant women.

Good luck
Old 06-18-2014, 04:25 PM   #18

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5ft3 ish

Hello. Althogugh I don't have adrenal fatigue I do have Hashimotos disease which is a form of hypothyroid and occasion hyperthyroid that is auto immune mediated. I've had this for 6 yrs or so as well as hormone issues from being in induced menopause surgically after ovarian cancer. Yikes. So I'm on thyroid meds everyday and my situation is that I really feel good!! My weight is coming off I have waaaaaaay more energy and my thyroid levels are normal. Although if I forget my med ( occasion this happens) my thyroid actually swells and hurts. It will feel like it is hanging. Gross I know. So yes I just wanted to join the convo and also offer my support too.

One = 5 pounds lost!

Mini goal 1: 25 pounds lost : goal reached 12/06/14!
Mini goal 2: weigh under 200lbs (199lb) reached 10/08/14! 198.8 lbs
Mini goal 3: 180lb
Mini goal 4: 165lb
Goal: 150 lb
Mini goal 5: 140lb finally weigh less than hubby
cheddahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:08 PM   #19
Hang on little root!!

S/C/G: 164/146/132

Welcome cheddahcat! Glad to hear about your weight loss! Exciting!!
Old 07-02-2014, 04:06 PM   #20
Never give up

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150

Hello all! I'm also hypothyroid and have Hashimoto's. I'm also suspecting adrenal fatigue. Will definitely be asking for the tests when I go to my endo Monday! I'm getting married in November, and so far I've had no luck getting this weight off. I lose and gain the same 5-10 pounds over and over no matter what I do

dare 2 dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:23 PM   #21

Default Anyone have experience taking Cortef for adrenal fatigue?

Finally after two years and 4 doctors I found out I'm stage 3 adrenal fatigue, wheat allergy, low B12 and low in iron. My doctor took me off my bio identical hormones, had me stop with the weight training & HIIT training and put me on 25mg of Cortef daily & strict diet with guidelines for sleep and rest. Then in 3 to 4 months I return for another round of saliva testing to see if my adrenals are doing better and to measure my hormone levels. (her thought was that with my adrenal being so out of whack that my hormones were not at the correct level either)
My question is the concern of gaining more weight while on Cortef?
Any thoughts?
C Flatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 04:44 PM   #22

How would I know if I have adrenal fatigue? What are the symptoms?
mrsary2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.