Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #1  
saggzz

S/C/G: 222/205.6/170

Height: 5'9"

Default palpitations

Hey Guys! I have recently started getting heart palpitations. I went to my doctor and my blood work was fine as was my EKG. I have no idea what is causing them. I tend to get them mostly at night after the kids are in bed. During the day, I get them off and on , but they are not as noticeable as at nighttime. I am only 41 and wonder if they could be related to hormonal changes or anxiety. I have suffered from anxiety in the past. I had palpitations when I was pregnant with my 2nd child. The doctor did a echocardiogram and a 24 hour monitor during that pregnancy and everything was fine. Has any one else experienced this?
Thanks.
saggzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #2  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Well, all I can say for sure is that when I started getting hot flashes, I got palpitations with them, especially if I hadn't eaten much. My EKG and monitoring also came back ok and as the hot flashes have decreased in frequency, the palpitations are very, very rare. I started getting the flashes (what I call my inner child playing with matches) when I was 41 or 42 along with other perimenopause symptoms and the palpitations would sometimes be so bad, I'd feel as if I might pass out. Now, at 49, I haven't had any in several months, maybe a year.

Pay attention to whether you're feeling hot or sweating abnormally when the palpitations happen. That'll tell you whether it could be hormonal. Good luck
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I second those thoughts RONNI ... I had the same symptoms in my mid-forties. As time went on, they lessened but I still get them now & then and I'm 53 years old now. These dang hormones can cause anxiety in themselves too; then you feel anxious over the other symptoms as well ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote