3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Dieting with Obstacles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles-14/)
-   -   Need to get over my cold and back on track asap :( (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/250582-need-get-over-my-cold-back-track-asap.html)

lucky8 01-15-2012 11:53 AM

Need to get over my cold and back on track asap :(

Woke up with cold on friday and it has already disrupted my weekend, ive had no sleep....non stop sneezing ....cant breathe.....burning up etc etc.

Ive still beeen tracking my food but exercise has went by the waist side. Im Soooo ANNOYED :mad:. As just before Christmas i had a really bad cold that lasted TWO WEEKS.

Im always the same .........when anythings going around im the first to get it and i get it full whammy :(

Reallywant to get back to my taebo tomorrow, all weekend ive been taking vitamins, iron tablets , herbal teas, lots of fluids and even eating chilli to try and get over it quicker and its still remains to be stubborn.

But what i also need is some advice is how to keep colds at bay, i need to build a stronger immune system as its getting ridiculous. My BF has a cold for 2days max , is so frustrating :(

JudgeDread 01-18-2012 11:23 AM

Best question is how much sleep are you getting? Sounds like you are trying to keep your nutrition under wraps but sleep is VERY very very important. Shoot for 8-9 hours when your sick. Nap if you can until you get better. Most importantly keep a regular sleep schedule with about 7-9 hours every night.

lucky8 01-20-2012 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudgeDread (Post 4177654)
Best question is how much sleep are you getting? Sounds like you are trying to keep your nutrition under wraps but sleep is VERY very very important. Shoot for 8-9 hours when your sick. Nap if you can until you get better. Most importantly keep a regular sleep schedule with about 7-9 hours every night.

Thank you for your reply, i wasnt getting much sleep but soon as i started lying in abit ive since getting over my cold , yeah sleep is important i agree if i dont have a least im not myself

Justwant2Bhealthy 01-24-2012 07:40 PM

Here in Canada, our public health agencies recommend fastidious HAND-WASHING to help keep cold & flu viruses at bay. Whenever you come in from outdoors, like out shopping and handling money esp ... wash your hands with disinfectant handsoap as soon as you get home. Also putting 1 tsp of javelle (liquid bleach) in your dish water and cleaning water can kill germs too.

Once a week, take a pail of hot, soapy water with 1 tsp javelle and wash all door handles and anything else your hands touch regulary ... taps, remote controls, drawer knobs, etc. You can also buy disinfectant spray cleaners if you want to. My gramma taught me these tricks when I was in my teens, and she was spot on ... :D

BTW, don't forget good old-fashioned chicken soup (with veggies is good) for helping to get over bugs quicker too.