Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #1  
Losing to live longer.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Please Make a Lupus Subforum.

I know from experience that a lot of Lupus patients also have a lot of these other illnesses in this forum (I myself have PCOS, hypothyroidism, etc).
Lupus is an autoimmune disease, your body attacks itself and it can sometimes lead to heart attacks and kidney failures as well as sensitivity to the sun, exhaustion, muscle pain, butterfly rashes, mouth sores, and just pain in general along with other ailments.

The thing with lupus is, that it is an invisible disease. A lot of people do not look sick or even appear disabled, which a lot of people are.

For me, I just thought I had muscle aches when I was traveling with my husband during the winter. The pain got to be excruciating, I couldn't walk.

If there is already a subforum and I am missing it please let me know. I know a lot of support has helped me tremendously.

If there are any lupies in here, a shut out goes to them for trying to lose weight too!
Lupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:32 PM   #2  
Janet

S/C/G: 267/234/140

Height: 5'11"

I have Lupus too.
Leith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 350.8/340.0/175

Height: 5`5

I have lupus also and fibromyalgia
ShaDucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

I was wondering whether lupus is close enough to fibro that you could do a subforum for lupus, fibro and ME/CFS/CFIDS. There are definitely enough of us to use it, and it would be helpful to have separate threads for those topics (e.g. for fibro, discussing exercise is different to discussing how your pain meds affect your eating). Possibly MS as well, I think that's the same group?
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 350.8/340.0/175

Height: 5`5

a lot of ppl who have lupus have fibro. I think fibro overlaps a lot of these issues. Different health issues, but basically its a painful life and difficult to lose weight. Supporting each other through pain and weight loss regardless of the disease is good. Chronic pain conditions bite.
ShaDucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Exactly. My thinking was that the other subforums cover a few conditions at once, so grouping these ones made sense too. You'll get more activity in it this way.

Last edited by Esofia; 04-02-2015 at 02:56 PM.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 205/166.2/150

Height: 5'3

I have Sjogrens Syndrome, fibromyalgia and Vertigo.. Sjogrens is a autoimmune disease to, its basically a cousin to Lupus.. I would like to see a subforum or thread as well.. Hope you all are having a good day.. I know everyday can be different..
Candy In Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I think you would probably have to reach out to a moderator to request a sub-forum. Maybe if you just continue with this thread or make a new one and get enough responses you can show them there's enough need for a sub-forum they would do it.

All the best to you, as I know Lupus is a very hard disease to deal with.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 290 / 225 /170?

Height: 5'9"

I do not have lupus, but I have recently been diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis which is an autoimmune disorder too. I think having a sub-forum for autoimmune issues would be helpful too so that we can share support and info to help us with these things too. And I have about 90-100 lbs to lose as well.

There are helpful groups on Facebook, but FB feels so chaotic when it comes to sharing info and supporting each other. I'm currently in three groups for Hashi's / AIP protocol that have anywhere from 10k-50k members and discussions come up and disappear so fast. And even though the groups are closed I don't like the idea that 50k people know my real name and location and dirty details of my health if I post questions....lol.

Last edited by Tinky; 04-14-2016 at 03:49 PM.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:23 AM   #10  

I have lupus too. A subgroup would be great!
Freeme852 is offline   Reply With Quote