Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #16  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

I definitely had an almost complete lack of of interest before I was diagnosed and treated. But the problem I had was in interest and arousal, not the problem you've been having. Finally got normal labs coming back when I got on the right dose, 137 mcg of levothyroxine. Since then things have more or less returned to baseline, which still isn't quite where I'd like to be. I think the BCP has something to do with it, hard to tell for sure since I've been on it for about 13 years and am not willing to try a break to compare the difference because the side effect of not taking it (a.k.a. pregnancy) is not worth the risk to me.

My doc tried me on Synthroid when my labs were not responding, that's when I was at the 100 mcg dose I believe. Didn't make a difference for me, turned out it was the dose that was the problem and the generic works just fine. Definitely go see an endo if you can, it's not ok for your doc to be brushing you off with this problem.

Last edited by shananigans; 03-25-2012 at 02:27 PM.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #17  
193.6 lbs

S/C/G: starting: 194/169/ 139

Height: 5ft 4 in

have you checked your estrogen (e2) levels? A decrease desire could be due to some hormonal issue
Twinmamma is offline   Reply With Quote