Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268/267/165

Height: 5'7

Red face Calling ALL Lupus sufferers!!!

Hey All!
I'm Amy and I have Lupus!
I Hate it but I am workig HARD to overcome everything that comes with it. Pain, inflamation, memory loss, extreme fatigue, and everything else! I am on Methotrexate and Plaquenil and have only been diagnosed since January of this year. For the last 5 years I have steadily gained weight and didn't know why, I think it was part of my body saying something was wrong! Things kept getting worse, swelling in joints, 3 misscarriages, and weird pain. BUT it is time to get this weight off! And no more steroids! I am doing Ideal Protein and am in my 1st week! So far so good! Praying for strength! I would LOVE to hear from all of you!
AmyH2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyH2day View Post
Hey All!
I'm Amy and I have Lupus!
I Hate it but I am workig HARD to overcome everything that comes with it. Pain, inflamation, memory loss, extreme fatigue, and everything else! I am on Methotrexate and Plaquenil and have only been diagnosed since January of this year. For the last 5 years I have steadily gained weight and didn't know why, I think it was part of my body saying something was wrong! Things kept getting worse, swelling in joints, 3 misscarriages, and weird pain. BUT it is time to get this weight off! And no more steroids! I am doing Ideal Protein and am in my 1st week! So far so good! Praying for strength! I would LOVE to hear from all of you!
Thank God that you got a diagnosis. It's terrible to know that something isn't right but you just don't know what it is. I hope your meds keep you feeling better. Good luck with the diet!

Carol
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 161/139.3/140

Height: almost 5'3"

Hi Amy!

You are very positive, and I know that will serve you awesomely in facing all of these challenges. I wish you luck and strength and courage!

I went through a long diagnosis as well, so I know that can be hard. Since I committed to losing weight, I have had two flares which stopped me from working out, so I had to drop my caloric intake to keep losing. I love to eat, but being stubbornly committed to my health and staying as positive as possible got me through those periods, with small losses, but still losses.

Even everyday non-flare times can be hard when, if you're like me, you're always pretty tired and spacy and in pain. But it is soooo worth it. Even the first five pounds I lost made a huge difference in my arthritis pain.

We can do it! We ARE doing it! Wooo!

Tracy
tab11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/195/135

Height: 5ft 2inches

Hey Amy!
I also have Lupus. Specifically Sle lupus nephritis. I just started my journey to lose weight last week.
I was diagnosed with lupus in november 2008 and am officially in remission and have been off all my medications except plaquenil since january! I still have my bad days but I'm sure majority of the pain I have now is because of my weight gain.
I've gained and lost so much since being diagnosed. Prednisone has been the down fall of my weight gain. That stuff is brutal on my body and I will do anything to stay off it!
I've gained 58 lbs since my dx and I.m determined to get rid of it and some! It will be interesting to see what kind of water flucuations I'll have from my kidneys being damaged.
Anyways good luck with everything. I'll be rooting for you to reach your goal! Us lupies need to stick together. Keep me informed on your progress and feel free to message me anytime!

Marie
Snowwhite85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 161/139.3/140

Height: almost 5'3"

Hi Amy, Carol and Marie!

Just checking in, and hoping you're all doing well!
tab11 is offline   Reply With Quote