Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:49 AM   #16  

Mima..that shot sounds painful! Do you still get them in your feet? That was you wasn't it?

Happy....Same here with moisture and upa nd down temps bother me too..if it would get cold and stay that way..but I guess that would be a perfect world huh? No such thing.....

Joanne...hope you can keep using your shoulder so it doesn't freeze up. Hope you are not too sore from cleaning.

The kids were here and it was nice but a lot of work and I did simple....even simple is hard anymore They were tired and not real talkative...I love the gifts from them, couple of snowman things, a gift card to Kiva online donations...(still reading about it...not sure what it is) any of you know? ..and some hand cream and foot cream from New Zealand (got it on their honeymoon)

WEll I am hurting..so will ned to rest a few days I'm sure.
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:29 AM   #17  

It does take a lot out of us but fun. I got shots in my foot this summer and it hardly hurt. Just the ones from the other doctor. The massage wand works best.
Wonderful news from back home-Brad;s cousin with pancreatic cancer is doing well. Will have surgery in a few months. So upbeat. PTL
Saw Lily and suzanne on Skype. She is a jumping bean.
I am doing better, Went for a walk and hip did not hurt. Getting that leg to go the other way.
More pt today. Bye for now. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:39 PM   #18  

Mima, how can you quilt when your shoulder hurts so bad? It's all I can do to run the computer. I went to the rheumatologist a week ago and he wants me to have a MRI on mine but I said no thanks. I asked him what they would do and he said either surgery or PT and I don't want either one right now so why have the MRI. All he did is give me more pain meds. Took away the Darvocet (actually they pulled them off the market) put me on Hydrocodone and Ultram. Told me to double up on the Ultram and then stagger the two of them & liquid Acetamenophene. THAT'S A LOT OF PAIN MEDS. I just don't want to get hooked on anything. But I'm in a lot of pain so what do you do?

I use Aspercreme every day but not the 'hot' kind ... hate that stuff. It'll burn your skin off.

It's still snowing here ... no church again tonight. Just as well, I wasn't going anyway. I finished up my 'job' last Sun. I have someone else doing the Worship Service the next 3 Sundays and then someone else will be taking over, don't know who that will be, they haven't chosen anyone yet. No one is volunteering ... it's a hard job. I still have 3 more weeks to do the bulletin, though. That's a big job, too. There is a lot of time consuming work attached to that position. (Probably why no one wants it!) As far as me taking time off ... I'm not doing anything! I'm a reg couch potato! Anne: you'd be sooo proud!
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:51 PM   #19  

Grandkids: left to right
Kaylyn 13, Jenna 11, Garrett 15, Ross 14

MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:44 AM   #20  

What happened to my post? Joanne has the bad shoulder-I have the right hip and back. Pt is really helping -I will have to be disciplined when I am done. I can watch tv at the same time so that's good.
That pic is great/
Lots of snow back home.
Brad has been working insulating tha lanai from heat and cold. I cook for Charlie and sandy -other grandma-because Charlie helps him.
Working on the taxes. I am counting on a refund but I don't know.
Bye before I lose it. Talked to the jumpong bean yesterday/ Mima
Old 01-14-2011, 01:39 AM   #21  

Meme - AT LAST!!!! How many years has it taken??? Doesn't matter, but I am glad that you are finally looking after YOU. You need to get feeling better.

Love the picture of the gkids. Beautiful children. I remember when they were just so little. I must post a photo of Ashley. She is right in between your two gdaughters. They sure grow up fast.

Mima - Glad that something is working to help you. Lot's of snow here as well as cold weather. Going to -30 tonight.

Take care everybody. It seems snow is everywhere - except Florida.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #22  
Crazy Avon Lady!

S/C/G: See tracker in signature

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I just want to introduce myself. Kathleen here from Delaware. Living with lupus (usually manifesting as pericarditis during a flare), fibro, both kinds of arthritis, long-term back injuries, an implanted orthotic, and just plain cranky-ness. Just seeing the results from one of those Christmas-season weight gains (arguably not as much as my poor DH though, who got the weight-loss surgery lecture from the Dr. this week). Anyways, getting ready to go to Weight Watchers and try the new PP plan. (Me officially, hubby unofficially.) Knowing that while I'm fairly active for a loopy -- I'm a nursing home chaplain and youth pastor, both professions known for being on your feet a lot -- the progress is probably gonna be glacially slow thanks to menopause and health issues and medication side effects. Well, you know how it is, cuz I'm preaching to the choir here.

I'll be back shortly with starting weight and all the good stuff. In the meanwhile, it is very heartening to read this thread. Frankly, I'll be happy if all that I do is learn to be self-disciplined so that I don't come down with weird deficiencies whenever I get bloodwork. (My first bloodwork for 2011 is pending, and will be peculiar as always, I guess.)

Here's the thing: I love my weird life. For all of its challenges, it is also full of joy and meaning. I want to keep moving forward day by day. Right now, I have to deal with my weight and eating habits to continue in a positive direction. Wish I'd done it sooner (perhaps while Auntie Flo was still visiting), but 'tis what it is.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you.
AuntLoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:26 AM   #23  

Hi Aunt Loopy-you sure sound like a fun person-being a Youth Pastor has it;s rewards!! I work with the Kids Club when i am in MA.
Can't say enough about pt-I was sure in bad shape. Afraid to exercise. Walked aroubd BJ's with no pain-even feel taller. I am 58 inches and shrinking.
Bought a rug at Lowe;s -for the living room.The beige carpet is so dirty.
Working on the taxes also/ Hoping to get money BACK!
Keep posting, Aunt.
Had a biopsy on my face-hoping it's not another melanoma. But she doesn't think so.
-30 sounds pretty cold-finally warmer today. Be good all-Mima
Old 01-15-2011, 10:31 AM   #24  
Effort = Success

S/C/G: 212/126/120

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone, I know I'm not constant on this particular thread but I have a question. I gained a whole bunch of weight and then was diagnosed with Fibro, and now I've lost the weight and my body is taking it a lot better now that there isn't so much of it. I can move more, I can go through all my laundry without being sore for the most part.... well doing laundry in the first place is pretty awesome. Anyways, have any of you had these feeling after losing weight? Did your Fibro feel any different once you were thinner?

Initiative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:53 AM   #25  

I think moving helps a lot and you move better and sleep better when you are active. I've never weighed a lot and the fibro was severe in my 40's. I have been exercising -stretching and I feel great but I still have soreness in the trigger points/
Boohoo-the Patriots lost after all that hype.
I had a flareup from ibs-and I only ate one lemon square. OH yeah-pumpkin pie the day before. Bad Mima.
Well-WW this am. And urologist and methotrexate shot this pm.
I am going to paint some clouds and trees for Brad on his backdrop for his trains-the whole side of the lanai.
Bye Mima-hope everyone is ok.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:46 AM   #26  

Default Hey There

Where is everybody?
My shoulder is some better. It has been a little warmer . When it gets cold again ,it will start up again.
Prayers for Tammy. She is having he second procedure this morning for Cancer. I hope she doesn't mind me letting you all know..
Raining here at last.. I hope it does all day..
Have a good day.
Joanne

Last edited by Joanne D; 01-17-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:57 AM   #27  

Thanks for news about Tammy-hope her prognosis is good. Good about your shoulder , Joanne,
News from the North-Auntie has no more pneumonia-said they gave her happy pills too.
I would be depressed if I hadn't gone out for months.
Good urologists report yesterday.
Going shopping with GS-the other grandma!!!
Snow back home-feeling bad for Suzanne's commute. hi all Mima
Old 01-19-2011, 08:31 PM   #28  
Crazy Avon Lady!

S/C/G: See tracker in signature

Height: 5'4"

Hi again all! One blizzard and multi-day power failure later... I made it home, then to work, then to Weight Watchers today. Yay! So now I have a starting weight, and it's less than I weighed 10 years ago (and that was B.P. -- before Prednisone!) So I am feeling rather contented today, actually looking forward to shopping and going to the Farmer's Market. I'll drive back up to Lancaster County this week for fruit and veggies (being a Dutchie myself, I get the special stuff when I take the time to go back home to shop). Anyways, I'm a bit overwhelmed by the sheer DETAILS of Weight Watchers. I made a point of buying the food book and calculator because the system is so complicated nowadays. But it does seem to fit into my own personal preferences and the food that seems to work best with my digestive issues. So anything is possible, I think.

Put in a full work day today, and ready to drop. (There's really only one day when I work 8 hours, and that's Wednesday.) So off to my bed with heating pad and WW information.

Looking forward to a new adventure with all of you.
AuntLoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #29  

Hi Aunt Loopy, nice to have you here. Hope you become a regular. Glad you got to ww today. I should have done that as well, but am having a FM issue and the fatigue has beaten me down here for a few days. Next week, I'll go get the new program. I wish you well with the program.

Initiative - I don't know that weight has much to do with it. I was slim when this all started (OA and FM, then started on meds for Atrial Fib) that is when the weight just came on. First was some gain with anti-inflammatories. Can't take them, it seems. Actually, my back feels BETTER when I am heavier, for some unknown reason.

Mima - glad your aunt is doing better. Did you hear anything back yet about the biopsy?

Joanne - Glad your shoulder is feeling better. Somehow I missed this about Tammy. I sure hope all is well with her.

I am exhausted for the 3rd day in a row. Couldn't even think about going to work on Monday. Could hardly drag myself around the house, so called in sick. Hope this goes away soon. Everybody have a good evening. We have soooo much snow here. Haven't seen this much since 1995. It was -37 for a couple of days, then to -14F for a few more. Today it is warming up, and by tomorrow it will be 34F - maybe there IS a reason I am bone tired. Darn weather.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:52 AM   #30  

Hi guys. I did not hear yet about my biopsy-will call tomorrow if I don't/
Glad you came back, Kathleen. Hope you like ww, I am a lifetime member but I put back some of my weight so I am in a group here in FL-in the park where we live in the winter -1$ a week/
Sometimes, you just need a day. I have been tired for a while-don;t know if it;s allergies or just me. May take some iron for a few days.
Going to a funeral today-someone related to people back home-
And the again on Saturday.A lady in Sunday School's dil.
Still doing my exercises-hope that keeps up. I watch tv so it goes by fast/
My dil found a playpen -someone had thrown it out.
I see snow adain tomorrow for the North! Mima