Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 05-08-2010, 06:17 AM   #61  

So nice to hear from you, Tammy and Anne.I didn't realize-I should have-that Tim's graduation was this weekend, Hey Happy Birthday-
Woke up with a thunderstorm. The Spring here has been wonderful. First time I didn't mind being here-except for all the other stuff.
Lily is now smiling. I will see them all tomorrow for Mother's Day-we are going to a Japamese restaurant.
I am achy and doc increased my meth-lol.
meeting my friend's for breakfast and then going to Tader Joe's,
Hope you are ok from waliking the dogs, Joanne. you look wonderful..
Happy Mother's Day.
Hope you are better Kate. Mina
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:14 AM   #62  

Mima - enjoyyour visit with baby. Love when they smile.

Tammy - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRRRRRTHDAAAAAY DEAR TAMMY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Hope you have a wonderful day. Gosh Graduation AND a wedding. No wonder you are busy.

Hello to all.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #63  

Default Hey There

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ,TAMMY
You are still a baby!! 55? I left that behind 22 years ago.. After the wedding and everything going on you need to go to a beach somewhere for a week. It is so relaxing just sitting and looking out on the water. I miss that. We haven't done that in a few years.
The son came and got his dog. Thank You ,God.. She was good ,but, behind my heels every step I took. I guess that is the lab in her.
We finally, after 30 years, bought a new mattress. I didn't realize how bad the old one was. It is much thicker and of course higher so I had to buy 2 step stools for us to get in it..
I hope everybody is having a great Mother's Day..
Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:40 AM   #64  

Wow for your new mattress. i also have a stepstool for mine, I have egg crate foam under my side-ooooh, it;s comfortable.
Went to Bob and pam's for dinner. It was so good-ache like crazy-had cake-flourless. Need to watch my sugar because it;s obvious it causes pain.
Suzanne said she was coming over this week-meeting her gf here. She has a 10 month old-Emma.
It's a big week tammy-have fun with it-hope the graduation went well,
Hi all-Mima
Old 05-10-2010, 12:45 PM   #65  

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but someone else suggested it so thought I'd give it a try. I posted in a separate thread but have never gotten any responses.

I was just wondering if those of you with fibro have found any particular supplements to be beneficial to you? I've been recently diagnosed and was trying to do things the "natural" route and avoid prescription drugs. I'm not sure that is at all possible

Also does anyone follow a particular diet that is helpful (high protein?).

Thank you.
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:35 AM   #66  

Hi-I have heard that madnesium is a good supplement-I don't take it because it gives me a stomache ache-then again, most things do, One of the most important things is to get a good night's sleep -melatonin?
And exercising low impact and swimming. I do take stuff to sleep but only Tylenol for pain. Wish you the best. mima
Old 05-11-2010, 06:36 AM   #67  

magnesium
Old 05-11-2010, 10:31 PM   #68  

Thanks for the birthday greetings! Graduation went well. Soooooo glad that his was indoors. It was windy and cold, and some of them were outside that day. I got teary eyed a couple of times, but I did ok. I know Bob would be so proud of him. Tim is the first in Bob's family to graduate with a Bachelor's degree, so that's pretty special.

Anne, yes, the graduation and wedding have made things a bit crazy!!

Joanne, I had seriously thought about going away for a few days after the wedding, but then with the hectic weekend, I wouldn't be fit to drive very far. I figure once I get home from Indiana, I'll take some time and recuperate, but I might go away later in May or June. What kind of mattress did you get? I bought a Temperpedic. I love it.

Joanne and Mima, I chuckled about using the stepstool. I remember my grandmother having to do that. I loved staying overnight with her because I would run across the room and try to get into the bed without using the stool.

Hello frogribbit! I don't use any supplements for the fibromyalgia. I've heard of some people who have trouble with sugars and they stay away from that. Also know of some who have problems with protein. Everyone is so different. I am currently using Cymbalta for the fibro, and I can't believe the difference it has made. I've been on it since November. I'm also on Relafen for osteoarthritis. I've been getting a massage once a month for a year, and I know that has helped. I also try to exercise when I can. I started out doing water aerobics, but I have moved on to zumba and other aerobics classes the past year.

Spending tomorrow getting things done here at home. We leave on Thursday morning for Indiana after we take Maurice to the doggy hotel. I plan to rest most of Thursday and let Tim and his fiance run around & do things. Friday is the rehearsal, then the rehearsal dinner. On Saturday we start getting pictures taken at 10:30. the wedding is at 1:00. Reception following that till about 5. I'll be staying overnight on Sat., and I'll be home sometime on Sunday. The kids will be playing at Disney World before I'm even out of bed, I'm sure! Their flight is at 7:00 am.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:50 AM   #69  

Hi tammy=all those plans. I knoq it is hard for you without Bob-bringing back all those feelings. Bit you are doing great and I know your Faith makes you strong. Enjoy every minute.
Suzanne is coming today and meeting her gf here who lives in NH. Enna is 10 months old. Putting a blanket on top on top of the rug on top of the cement.
Speaking of sugar-I ate a lot of it Sunday and paid for it on Momday. Doc gave me .4 of my med yesterday but I have to watch for symptoms.
Bye for now Mima
Old 05-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #70  

Default Hey There

Tammy We bought a Simmons Beautyrest. It was just too high and when I put on the Memory foam topper it was higher. We bought the stools and that proved to not be a safe way to get into the bed and the hubby was a pain in the butt about the whole thing. So our son called the mattress firm and they suggested that we take the inner box spring out from under the mattress ,make a platform( We have a Ethan Allen pine bed frame and they are high to start with) and put mattress on it.. That is what we did and put our foam topper on. That is much better and just as comfortable. We took the stools back to Home Depot. We are trying to sell the inner spring.. It alone was 200 dollars. I know we won't get that back ,but, maybe some of it. Otherwise I am not sure what to do with it.
Mima- I ate wrong all weekend. Ate out twice and I too am paying the price. My sugar and weight is up. B/P up. I am a mess this week.
Welcome Frogribbit.. I try to follow weight watchers eating plan. I don't have Fibro but a little of everything else..
Hello Kate.. I hope you are feeling better..
My daughter is having a problem with her back.. 2 ruptured disks one pressing on a nerve. She may need surgery. Please pray for her.
Bye, Joanne

Last edited by Joanne D; 05-12-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:38 AM   #71  

Ouch for your daughter. No wonder her back was hurting,
My daughter was here with Lily and and she slept all the time. I am making headbands. They are coming out cute.
Going to see Signature Sound tonight. Already saw them at McGregor.But they are so good,
I am getting packed to go to the camper-that will give us a break from upstairs-hope I see signs of them moving soon.Heard the son fighting with his gf-not liking the language.
I am getting a rash from the methatrexate.Have to go back to the lower dose.
Bye for now. Mima
Old 05-13-2010, 03:41 PM   #72  

Methotrexate causes me to have rashes sometimes, too. I just deal with it when it happens b/c I can't live without the Meth ... tried several times and failed.

Tammy, don't you just hate it when you feel so crappy and all the tests come back fine so the Dr. doesn't do anything else? I'm so tired and have other things going on in my body that no one can explain but they'll do one test and say "it's not that" and then quit. I go back and say this is still going on ... so they do something else and say "it's not that" and quit again ... and on it goes. I've spent THOUSANDS already this year on bloodtests, untrasounds, Echocardiogram, EKG ... next step, a stress test on my heart. We already know I have a heart condition so now a stress test. I'm at the end of my rope here. Maybe I'll just die on the table and I won't have to worry about it any more. Honestly, that's about how I feel right now. I have my own theory but I know if I say anything they'll just 'humor' me like they always do. I'm beginning to wonder if I developed Lyme Disease when I was a kid and it was left untreated ... it would explain a lot of what is going on with me today. I have a knot the size of a BB just inside my hairline in front where a tick burrowed it's head. My mom got the tick but not the head and it left the little knot where it closed up around it. I have every symptom of stage 3 Lyme Disease. It actually causes arthritis, fatigue and even irregular heart rhythm. Not sure what can be done about it, though ... or even if I'd be taken seriously if I mentioned it to doctors.

Sometimes I think ... I think too much.

Hope everything goes well at the wedding, Tammy ... maybe you can get some rest after this is all over. And hope Christy's collar continues to work. Nothing more aggrevating than a dog that won't mind. I know! (Remember Nikka???)

Have a good weekend everyone.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #73  

Christie's collar working good.. A lot of her bad behavior has settled down. It is like I put it on and she knows she better behave or she knows who is boss.
Meme- I sure hope you can feel better soon. I can't stand a Dr. that doesn't take the time to listen and try to help us.
I managed so far today to stay on track. now if I can just end the day that way. I have been having a lot of swelling in my legs,fluid retention.
Hello Everybody...Joanne
Old 05-13-2010, 07:06 PM   #74  

I have more trouble with the end of the day, too. That's when I want to snack.

Green tea is good for fluid retention. If you don't like to drink it, you can get the pills at Wal Mart and, unlike the fluid pills the Dr. gives, there's no side effects (except going pee).

PS ... the only kind I can stand to drink (cold) is Lipton diet with citrus. All the others taste bad to me. I don't mind it hot with a little sweetener or honey, though.

Last edited by MemeToo; 05-13-2010 at 07:08 PM.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:52 AM   #75  

I like the flavored hot tea myself. We went to a Signature Sound concert last night-they are out on their own now-crowd was not big but the concert was. They are trying to build up their following.Ticket was only $21.
Opening up the camper today-hope the mold in the bathroom comes off.
Have a mask and goggles to use.
Hope the weather is good for the wedding. Meme. my aunt has pseudo gout and now they are testing her for rheumatoid but they don't give her any relief. Her hands are so sore.
The shot did work well-and the rash is gone, Do you get a shot or take the pills?
Bye for now-have a good weekend, Hi Anne, Joanne, and Kate. Mima