Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:10 AM   #16  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi Ladies

Lovely blue skies here today must have been sent by Spicy Joking apart I have taken the opportunity to put a line of laundry out whilst I can. It smells so much sweeter dried naturally rather than in the drier. Hopefully by the time I have had my dinner it will be dry. Not much ironing to tackle either so may if I feel up to it crack on with that.

Still remain fatigued but I am trying the best I can my DH is helping me no end poor love he gets the brunt of the work load when I am under the weather. Though he does it uncomplaining and with a smile I know I am so lucky to have such a special DH as I see to many down at the MS centre who do not have the support of their family as I do. They often say to me how envious they are of me to have such a caring DH who looks after me.

SPICY
Glad to see you are having a spell of nice weather which is always welcome at this time of the year which for me can be so grey and wet. Though firstly I must congratulate you before I go on much further for losing 9lbs and 20lbs in total That is no mean feat as we all know on here how difficult it can be at times to lose the weight. I use to visualise how much weight I had lost for me it was done in bags of sugar. Here in the UK a bag of sugar weighs 2lb (well 2lb 2oz if we are being picky ) so I use to think wow I have lost X bags of sugar. To think if I was asked to carry that in a bag all day long yet our body did no wonder we were tired and lifeless at times. It is good to put good food inside you even if you are like me and it is not 100% of the time as it is a balancing act. The body runs better it is like putting the right fuel inside a car it sure does run much better

Trust me if people haven't noticed yet your fantastic weight loss they soon will. I had people saying to me at around 50lb loss but they told me eventually they had seen it before but were afraid to say in case I was "poorly" one couple I know who are in there 80's thought I had cancer as I had lost so much. When the compliments come in it spurred me to greater things as it was nice to get comments on how nice I looked. It was so sweet going into shops to get that size smaller such a boost to your ego and keeps you on the straight and narrow.

Wow your very much skilled making things like pillows like you have mentioned. I am challenged in that department if it involves machine sewing as me and sewing machines don't mix Nothing worse though getting something stuck in your printer I have done it a time or two then having the patience to tease out the paper without making the matters worse. I do hope you continue to make progress in the making of these pillows. What design is going on the pillow?

ROSEBUD Glad your mouth is healing well and you are on the road to recovery. My mouth where I had the tooth extracted has finally healed (never normally takes this long ) Though as I say it is very tender the whole area and there is good hollow where the tooth has been extracted from the jaw. None of my previous extractions have a hollow like indentation so not quite sure what is going on there.

Right let me think which countries I have travelled in my time I have a nice little list mounted up. Nearly all are in Europe except one.
  1. France
  2. Belgium
  3. former Yugoslavia
  4. Bulgaria
  5. Crete (Greek Island)
  6. Minorca (Spanish Island)
  7. Majorca (Spanish Island)
  8. Spain
  9. Malta
  10. Tunisia (only one not in Europe)

So I have never adventured over the Atlantic to Canada or America. For us the beauty is having so many countries within a few hours flight on our door step. The longest flight I think was approximately 4 hours so nothing really compared so many flights. I had never flown in my life until I was nigh on 22 years old then every year after that I went aboard somewhere or another. I would have done more but back when I started my nursing career it was extremely badly paid so took me all year to save up. Part way through my nursing career there was a big shake up regarding the pay structure and a huge wage increase so then it was a decently paid job. Bizarrely enough when I first qualified a nursing assistant who had done 7 years as a nursing assistant ( i am not demeaning them as I think they do a grand job often not praised enough for what they do) would get more than myself who was in charge of the ward and I took the can for anything that went wrong on the ward

Your soup and dumplings sound nice, I am thinking of making over the weekend stuffed peppers with some flavoured rice that I have in store cupboard but tonight it will just be a ham sandwich with some fruit / yoghurt. Great time for the soups with the weather turning chilly great warmers and fillers I must say.

Must go I need to go and rest. I think it will be time for a little sleep as I have become so shattered. So I apologise if my post is a little disjointed with bad grammar Bye bye and take care ladies

purpleorc

Last edited by purpleorc; 11-07-2009 at 09:14 AM.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 04:54 PM   #17  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

PURPLE ~ not to worry, your post was more than fine; I understood you perfectly. Yes, here I was with all my college education, and so many who barely passed grade school were getting paid more than me; sometimes, it was very disheartening although I didn't begrudge them being paid well at all. I just wondered what good it had done me (besides passing time) to go to college twice and not be able to get a decent job that paid well; and on top of that, I always worked so hard and my bosses would all say how organized and hard working I was; but I was never renumerated for that ... so I certainly understand your confusion becuz I felt the same way. Now we look back and see that we were taken advantage of and kinda used and abused really; and now my health isn't good enuff to work anymore -- so we just have to rest my dear, it's our turn to rest now ...

My DH is very helpful to me too; he says that he doesn't mind though becuz it is recyprocal; and gives him something to do (it makes him feel purposeful too). I do most of the light housechores and almost all of the cooking, except for a few times we eat out (which isn't that often becuz I used to be a professional cook too and I tend to be unsatisfied if the food isn't as good as I can prepare it myself ). That makes it hard for me to choose as well. As I mentioned before, most of our restaurants here are fast food places, not dining places and the cost is high too.

Tonight, I am making that steak and pork chop for DH with the medley of veggies and baked new potatoes; and boy, it sure smells nice in here. I just stayed home today and am having a restful weekend while my mouth and body heal up. Yes, like you this extraction was different than the rest, and I hope it heals OK; my mind says that the others healed up quite quickly but they came out cleaner and I wonder if that makes all the difference; we'll see eventually, I guess.

I am supposed to go back and get a couple of small fillings at the end of the month; hope all that goes well. I will be taking my meds way before to make sure they have time to kick in this time. I find each dental place different in how they do things, so you never know what to expect anymore; and that kinda makes me nervous.

Well, it has be dark and dreary out there all day; but they are predicting sun and warmer temps for tomorrow, so I sure hope we get it as we really need it these days. Hope you all have a Super Saturday night, and do take good care of yourselves too ... ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:41 AM   #18  
MSer living healthy

Hi Ladies

Very dreary grey day here though no rain so one thing to be thankful off. It is definitely chilly now and need for the heating to be put on more. Plus I tend 9 times out of 10 to put the electric underblanket on to warm the bed through. I sure does help settle me down for the night and help with any aches and pains of the day. Heat therapy is very good for some conditions and takes pain away or reduces it considerably.

Not such good news on the health front for my dear sister who has been experiencing pain in all her joints. Doctor has sent her for a x-ray on one of the joints which happens to be her knee. Plus do blood work to see if she has osteoarthritis. I really do hope it is not that for her sake she has enough on her plate to contend with health wise. Genetically not so good as both parents suffer from arthritis and I am fairly certain she has osteoarthritis due to having what appears to me Heberden's nodes. Heberden's nodes are hard bony swellings on the joints of the fingers and toes. Mum has several noticeable Heberden's nodes on her hands. She is due to get all the results back from all the tests on Friday 13th November. My sister said the date is not such a good one jokingly for those of us who are superstitious. I hope and pray that it is not osteoarthritis.

ROSEBUD Here in the UK they are encouraging you to go in to further education but unfortunately after years of study there are no jobs to match your qualifications which much be so disheartening after all that hard work not to be rewarded in some way.

At present the school system in the UK is under going a change in leaving age. At the moment you can leave full time education at the age of 16 but now this age has been raised to 18. My sister has 4 children the two eldest it does not effect. Though the eldest is continuing her education at college. The two youngest girls it will have come into fruition by that stage so they can't leave until they reach 18.

I like yourself went to into education on several times. I went to college, school of nursing and then 10 years later university of nursing. So many hours spent in classrooms, libraries and hours of homework. Though I always felt that education was important it was not something women where suppose to aspire to do. We should sit at home be good housewife's and mothers. I am glad attitudes have changed and women are not put in this box of raising families etc. I knew from a very early age I didn't want that from life, though had to fight hammer tooth and nail academically as I was not naturally blessed to be an academic.

I pray that your next visit to the dentist will go well to have the remainder of the work completed. It is so nice to find a good dentist whom you trust and they take their time as you are nervous. If it is a good dentist then it definitely is a keeper for future dental works and check ups etc.

I have no further news for today so I will close my post and get some much needed rest which I seem to want a lot of at present. Bye bye ladies and take care one and all

purpleorc
Old 11-08-2009, 09:12 PM   #19  
Rosebud

We had the nicest day all day today ... full for the entire day -- we expected that, so I got up early to watch the sun rise. DH went out for the morning so I sat by the window doing some reading and soaking up the sun with my coffee. NIKO spent a good portion of the morning out on the deck and I was out there for a short while too.

This afternoon, we went for a drive to our lot to check on things (our camper etc) and to bring a few things home; just to close things up for the year and it was glorious weather all day long today. We also went for a walk while we were out there, and chatted with one of the neighbours awhile too.

HI PURPLE ~ glad to hear that you are starting to feel better; it seems we both have had a ruff week. I determined that I would rest this whole weekend, and except for meals and dishes, I did. We had turkey drumsticks and roasted veggies for dinner; it was ready by the time we got home and was so very yummy.

I hope and pray that your sister doesn't have osteoarthritis too, but you already suspect the signs that are similar for both your mom and her, and you are a very smart nurse -- so you may be right in what you are suspecting. Let's also pray and hope that the doctors can find some good meds and/or therapies that will help them both in some way too. Yes, your sister does have a lot on her plate with 4 kids, her accident injuries and pain, and now this too! She could use our prayers for sure.

Well, it's time to put my legs up again, so I hope you all have a MARVELLOUS MONDAY tomorrow ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-08-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:53 AM   #20  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hello, Everyone! Sounds like you all are on the mend health-wise. But, hoping the tiredness and fatigue lets up for all. That's been plaguing me as well, along with a recurrence of some of my newer MS symptoms, so I've been feeling quite nauseous off and on for a couple weeks now again.

Prayers for your sister, Purple, and hoping that, even if it is osteoarthritis, they can come up with a good treatment plan.

We've been enjoying some of Spicy's kind of weather-warmer (well, for us anyway-it's been in the upper 50's F) and sunny! DH mowed off and tilled the garden and we got the rest of the lawn mowed. Went up to MIL's to clean her gutters, mow lawn, and do some of her dishes and vacuum her house, as she had a knee replacement surgery 2 weeks ago and still can't do much.

Football season is now over, as the team lost Friday night. Finished the season 11 wins, 1 loss. I do have to say they really played their hearts out, but just couldn't pull it off. The other team was really big and had a really good passing game, but the officiating during the game stunk and probably cost our boys the win, which really was heart-breaking. I can't figure out why they still can't seem to get totally unbiased referees for these games-they're supposed to be coming from other districts and have no connections to either team, but, every now and again, you get a ref or two who just can't seem to either see what's going on in front of them or they just choose to ignore it. And, climbing down from my soapbox now..... So, it'll be a more "normal" schedule for a while now and only having to worry about schooling and home stuff--whew!

Well, must try to get something done here.

And, Spicy, great work on 9 more pounds lost!! That's fantastic!

Have a great day!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:31 PM   #21  
MSer living healthy

Hi fellow chicks

Today has been a wee bit better at least we had spells of sunshine. There was a sharp frost this morning which still had not thawed in parts where it remains in shade. With the sun being low in the sky with it being the winter months much of our back garden remains in shade for long periods of the day.

For lunch today I did stuffed peppers and some potato wedges. If I had made this nearer the day I go shopping we would have had a nice green salad I think. Talking of food I just happened to come across a programme last night on cooking. This was all about using those left over pieces from a previous meal and making another meal with it. It is good to see this ethos being practice on television as it may give ideas to others what to do with something left over. I was fooled by something he was doing I though here comes he is making a soup from the chicken carcass. How wrong I was in actual fact he just make a chicken stock let it cool then popped in to the fridge. Later that week he brought out this stock and he made a simple vegetarian dish of leek risotto using the stock. I thought it was something I could do as it did not have any cream or any such naughties. I can just cut down on the butter he used at the beginning and still have a nice dish at the end of it.

RONNI
Sorry that your experiencing MS symptoms they are no fun Not sure what the nausea is all about unless your on medication that has this as a side effect or you have some infection that you body is trying to fight.

Sorry to hear that your son lost his football match so sad. It happens the world over you get referee whom are not impartial as they should be. This is the ugly side of sport I wish didn't exist it happens even at the highest level not just school lads. It spoils the game and could often change the outcome of a game by decisions made on the field.

Thanks for the prayers for my sister I know there are many treatments out there if it does turn out to be osteoarthritis. Unlike maybe 25 years ago things have come on in leaps and bounds.

ROSEBUD
Thanks for the prayers for my sister I am sure that they will help as she does have a lot to bear health wise. Not only does she have the issue with the spine due to the car accident. She was born with one kidney that has not grown properly and functions at about 16% (plus has one normal kidney). At the age of 15 she had an operation that moved the connection from the bladder to the kidney's. The worked wonders as for the first time in her life she was dry throughout the night no more bed wetting. It was prior to the operation that to remain dry in the day she had not to be too far from a toilet. So for her the operation transformed her life overnight so to speak. Though it does leave her very vulnerable to urine infections. If she gets one of those she is very poorly the weight drops off her and bless her she does not have the weight to lose. All her daughters were scanned at 3 days old to see if they had this rare genetic defeat fortunately none of the girls had the condition.

I have been trying to get as much rest as possible and conserving what energy I do have. I know I will get through this rough patch it is just a matter of riding it out till it passes in its own sweet time.

Yesterday was remembrance Sunday for us in the UK this is the day when we honour the service personnel and their ultimate sacrifice. Poppies are always laid at the cenotaph in London with the royal family and the prime minister taking part in the ceremony. Our actual day is 11th November but we always have remembrance Sunday on the nearest Sunday to that date. It is a moving affair as I am sure it is all around the world which ever day the service personnel are honoured. We always have 2 minutes silence as well at 11am this is because historically the end of the first world war was on the 11/11/1918 at 11am.

The paper poppies and wreaths of poppies etc are made by injured service men and women. This could also include post traumatic stress is included as a type of injury. This factory also give employment to many disabled people thus giving them employment which we know is all too hard if you have a disability. It can not help in this economic climate that jobs are scarcest that disability will get over looked more and more which is such a shame just because you are disabled it does not mean that you can't do the job equally as well as an able bodied person. So it was so nice that the factory which produces these poppies (was set up just after the first world war by a serviceman for his injured men ) have the criteria that it is to give gainful employment to those whom are often over looked because of their disability.

Time to go I am afraid no further new from me today. Tomorrow is treatment day so hopefully I will start to feel the benefit from then So not sure whether I will get on to 3fc or not as time is usually very tight for me.

purpleorc

Old 11-09-2009, 11:00 PM   #22  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ Woke up to this AM, but it stopped by this afternoon, so we went up town to pick up a few things. They had some great bargains on veggies, fruit, and meat today -- fall is a great time to pick up good food deals! It was fairly busy up town for a Monday: must have been all the sales I guess.

HEY PURPLE ~ glad you're on the mend; and rest seems to be the order of the day really. I have put my legs up twice already today and that seems to help a lot. I'm not a big fan of stuffed peppers; I like the stuffing alright, but I only like peppers in small amounts like diced in tomato sauce or in stir-fries or on a pizza. Just never got a taste for a whole pepper: not sure why ... I think it is probably becuz we never ate peppers that way in our life; actually, we never ate them at all as a child.

I could see myself having the same stuffing inside a tomato though as I love tomatoes and I bet that would work well too -- not sure how it would go over with DH who isn't a big veggie lover. He says he only started eating lots of veggies when he married me. I believe that becuz whenever I saw his parents eating, I never saw any veggies on the plate at dinner, but he says that when his mother cooked when they were younger that she often put veggies in soups and stews.

I would like that kind of recipe as I love rice pilafs with mushrooms and lots of veggies and could eat that as lunch or dinner. DH prefers to have the full plate with meat, but I have served him rice dishes with very little meat and he liked it: like Chinese Fried Rice (with chicken) that wasn't fried really; I baked it in the oven with lots and lots of veggies.

We have legion fellows that sell the poppies here too; they are often seen selling them at our local post office. DH picked some up this year as he likes to support them; and we think it is a terrific idea as well. Hope you have a good day at therapy tomorrow!

So I got a bit of walking in today as well! Kudos for that; and I made a nice pot of veggie-bean soup for lunch from this weekends leftovers ... yum! We had Hamburger Steak & Onions with new potatoes, tomatoes, cukes, and coleslaw for dinner tonight; hence a very good OP day today!

Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday tomorrow ... ROSEBUD
Old 11-09-2009, 11:22 PM   #23  
Rosebud

HI RONNIE ~ sorry to hear the boys lost their game, esp to bad officiating. I think we all have seen or borne the brunt of that some time in our lives; I remember going thru that at some of our baseball games. It seems no matter how hard they try to find unbiased officials, that they do tend to subconciously pick their favorites and this comes out in the calls I think. I'm not sure they can do much to prevent that but stress fair play in their training sessions more. The boys can still be proud that they played well and worked hard; and chock it up as a learning experience: sometimes life isn't fair -- becuz humans are flawed, but maybe some day it will get better and they may have a hand in that too.

That was so nice that you all went and helped your MIL out while she is recuperating from her surgery; I'm sure she really appreciates the help too (am sending up prayers for a speedy and comfortable recovery). Wow, you are still cutting grass down there; here, we stop cutting around October as when the weather starts cooling down, the grass stops growing too.

Hope you are feeling better soon; like Purple I'm wondering why you are getting nauseated. I am in menopause now and I sometimes get that myself and I have read that could be caused by hormones. It can also be caused by a stomach bug and a few other things; hope it clears up for you real soon.

Take good care of yourself; and hope things settle down for you and your family over the next while. Any plans for Thanksgiving? I think that's coming up soon; and then Christmas follows close behind 'er ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-09-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:35 PM   #24  
Rosebud

HIYA VAL ~ hope you are feelin' better these days, and things are going good for you up in Thompson. We don't have any snow here at all; it all melted! And we're lovin' it! Do you have any **** up there? They are predicting some more for the end of this week though, but that's not too bad really ...

HI THERE, SPICY ~ yes, you are doin' great on the weightloss front! Congrats to you ... that is a big loss! I think I recall you saying that you were putting pictures of your parents or of themselves on the pillows -- oops, now I am not so sure! Hehe ...
Old 11-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #25  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Everyone! Well, it's another beautiful, sunny day here with temps in the upper 50's, maybe lower 60's later! DS3 and I went to help out a family yesterday who's working on building their home with help from Habitat for Humanity. They really deserve it and we haven't had time to do anything for them until now, so we spent the day varnishing the interior trim, so they carpenters can install it later this week. They are to be in the home by the end of the month, so we really wanted to help them make the schedule. Hoping we can go up later this week, as well, if there's something we can do that's not too technical-I don't think they want me to try putting on exterior siding or doing electrical wiring!

To answer the questions about my nausea, it's due to sluggish intestines, which seems to be the newest issue from the MS. I'm not on any meds, except I do take vitamin D, calcium, fish oil caps, and flaxseed oil caps, as well as Benefiber that mixes in water to try to keep the system working, but I still have the sluggishness issue and then I get bloated and nauseous for a few days until things regulate again. Sorry if that's TMI

The veterans' auxiliaries here also give out paper poppies for Veterans' Day. I think that's really neat that there's a tradition common to other countries that were Allies in those "wars to end all wars." WWI and WWII really showed what people can do to protect each other and try to remove evil from the world. I'm very proud to have several uncles who are vets from WWII. Makes me glad that they were willing to go when the need arose. One of them was captured at the Battle of the Bulge and spent time in a German concentration camp. Another one was blown off his ship when a kamikazi plane hit it, but was rescued many long hours later. This was after he had spent time as a glider pilot spying over Germany at the beginning of the war. So many brave men and women saved our world back then and it just puts me in awe of the sacrifices they made, especially those who didn't come back.

Well, not much else going on here today, as I'm not feeling well again today, so will be doing whatever I can, but taking lots of breaks! Hope you all have a great day!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #26  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ We had another day of gorgeous today. Had to go pick up DH's new glasses, then we decided to go for a drive in the country to a favorite lake, as it is so pretty with the sun shining on it; and it was so very nice. Gotta take advantage of these lovely days when we gottem' ...

HELLO RONNI ~ sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well today; will puts some prayers around that for you. Nothing worse than not feeling your best on such a nice day. I spent some time catching some rays or D's as I like to say, while doing some devotions and reading this AM on my favorite rocking chair. NIKO spent much of the day on the porch doing the same; he just loves it out there, esp on warm sunny days like this.

I have the same issue these days; I used to have IBS with the fox trots daily. Now I have the opposite problem and like you, that makes me bloat up and not feel too great; I never knew that there are problems for both ways; oh, to have balance in our intestines. Sending some ^prayers^ up for that for both of us.

That was so nice of you all to go help with that Habitat House; I think that is the most awesome program -- helping people get a home of their own. It is such a big dream for some people to have their own home and that is the only way they would ever be able to attain one. DH and I are still planning our little place; my Dad says that he will be up next spring to help DH get this thing going.

DH had an accident today -- he spilled some gasoline on his clothes; I put them thru the wash twice and could still smell it; now I am putting them thru for the third time, only this time with some baking soda in the water -- and they seem to smell better this time. I will have to hang them up and hope that works.

Hope you all have a Wonderful Wednesday tomorrow; and take good care of yourselves ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-10-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:39 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 301/280/199

Hello, Ladies-
Another beautiful day here in Arkansas, USA. I spent the morning working on my Christmas gifts, but I had a slight accident. I'm not sure how I did it, but I managed to burn a few fingers on my left hand with the iron! I always use the iron to press out any wrinkles in the fabric before I pin it together. Ouch. That iron was hot!!!!

Food is going okay. I did kind of slip up on the weekend, but I've gotten back on track, thankfully! Oh well, if I can be "good" 85% of the time, I'm making progress.

A dear friend of mine has been diagnosed with bladder cancer. I have been praying for her in my head all day for the past couple days. We have been friends for many years, and I am trying to focus on postive energy. Cancer does go into remission, and she may be one of the lucky ones.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying autumn.
spicy
SpicyWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:44 PM   #28  
Rosebud

HI SPICY ~ I am sending up some ^PRAYERS^ for your friend too for peace and comfort, plus healing and restoration ... and hey, for total remission too -- what the heck, why not?

My SM (Step-Mother) had bladder cancer too and she is doing much better now. They had to do some scrapings and that seemed to help, but one time they found out there wasn't any cancer cells there so she went thru that for naught; but just talk to her last Sunday and she is sounding very good.

Don't worry, we all have our slip-up days; I did last weekend too -- one day during my TOM, I was ravished and got into some cheesy Nachos (last Friday I think), but my day was so good that I am sure that over the whole weekend, it was OK anyways. I do try to have something I really like every now and then, becuz you have to enjoy life too. At Christmas I am planning on getting some really good quality dark chocolate and maybe some nuts for my stocking; I do this every year now ...

I am not being a stickler about the calories; I am doing well for the majority of the days, so I am very, very happy with that. I have gone down a full size on my bottom this year, and that is a NSV (non-scale victory) that I am pleased with as that is really my number #1 gauge: sizes. My big goal is to get down to a size large, then we'll see from there; small goal: one size at a tme.

We had another lovely day today, so we took advantage of that and spent a good part of the day on our deck hanging our Christmas decos. This way they are now up and we don't have do put them up during a blizzard or anything like that ... Got lots of walking in today too (back and forth; back and forth)!

Today is our pasta day also, so I made a lovely Bolognese sauce with Penne and it was yummy. Have 4 dishes leftover over for another dinner and maybe a couple of lunches: into the freezer they go for a day when I don't feel like cookin' ...

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-11-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:52 PM   #29  
Rosebud

HI PURPLE ~ I know yesterday was your therapy day, and today is your shopping day and you are probably very tired. Hope you get lots of rest tonight ...

HI TO VAL ~ up there in Thompson; alway thinking about you and praying that all is well with you, esp that you are starting to feel better ...

HI TO RONNI ~ hope you are having a nice fall down there; feelin' better, and gettin' some rest too!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-11-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:51 AM   #30  
MSer living healthy

Hi ladies

This will have to be a quick post to let you know that I am OK it is just that the internet connection is not. They are working on it in the area apparently after we telephoned them up. It is on/off constantly happening randomly initially we thought our modem was faulty but it has not long been replaced. So at least the mystery has been solved. The engineers are working on the issue today again so hopefully we will be fixed shortly or at least by the end of day.

I have read your messages and will respond to them when the internet is not on the blink. Gosh I do not realise how much I now rely on the internet today what did I do to fill my time before the internet I know many many hours was spent reading so my head was in a book. Unfortunately the concentration level now is like that of a gnat at times so reading is never the pleasure that it once was. I never ever thought I would say that I loved books don't get me wrong I still like to read condition permitting but just not as avidly.

Well I will go before it decides to give out on me again and I have no internet for X minutes. So bye for now ladies and take care

purpleorc

Last edited by purpleorc; 11-12-2009 at 04:52 AM.