Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #76  

Good for you Joanne. I actully lost a pound but I was sick Sunday and weighed in Mon. But I have been walking.
That's a good thing-packing Tim;s things. I always feel good organizing.'
We aren't putting up a tree-turns out we brought it to the dump last year.
We spent all day putting up lights outside. Still have to fix them a bit.
Suzanne had to go to the er because she was dehydrated-she had been sick since Fri=they gave her 2 bags of fluid, She was good for a while. I feel so bad,.
I did much shopping online-$8 for shipping from Walmart and $8 for a small pkg of Webkinz . The walmart order had toys and clothes.
I waited too long to order Mike's gift and now they are out.
I am beeat so bye for now-Mima
Old 12-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #77  

Hi. Been busy working and trying to get other stuff done. Was without my washing machine for over 3 weeks, but all is well again. Now it's my vacuum cleaner. Should be fixed by next week (early).

Mima - Hope your daughter is going to be ok. She isn't having the best pregnancy ever, is she! I LOVE shopping on line. Congrats on the weight loss.

Joanne - good for you only gaining such a little with all that food around. Christmas is such a busy time. I guess you will decide what you will be doing.

Tammy - after my son left home, I packed up stuff I thought he would want, and gave it to him, when he was settled in his own house. He is a fine youngman and I am very proud of him. He is a good provider for his family. At times, I can still see the "little" boy. He is now in the process of builiding a house. He takes after his Dad. It's the challenge. He is the general contractor. It is in "lock up" now, and it is framed inside. The plumbing is done. Now through the winter it will get finished and they can move into it in March or April.

Kate - hope all is well with you. Don't you wish you could live here, with snow. It finally arrived on Monday, along with cool temps. No more warm air for a few days. Here, I am sending you a

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:33 PM   #78  

That's great Anne. He will have so much satisfaction. I sent Suzanne a Christmas flowers arrangement today to cheer her up. She is feling a bit better. She goes to the doctor on Friday.
Out to lunch and swimming today. I don't miss the snow but I will probably sww some in Feb, Bye for now. Mima
Old 12-05-2009, 09:16 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Good morning everyone. We are almost needing a canoe to get the mail....have had so much rain last night and this morning. It is raining steadily as I type this. I have been busy decorating, cleaning, cooking...the usual! Hubby has two weeks off starting the 19th...his plant closes down and they give everyone unpaid vacations.....thank goodness he has saved one of his vacation weeks so he will only be out 1 weeks paycheck instead of two. Crazy employers here in FL! He isn't happy about losing the paycheck but he definitely is going to enjoy having some time off....he's stressed out from driving a big truck in terrible traffic all day long!
Got all my Christmas cards out and started making some fudge. I have a woman I cook for occasionally ask for a few dinner items for next week. That will keep me busy. I still haven't lost anymore weight but I haven't been too careful about what I've been eating lately either. I need to watch my portions again too. Feeling okay though...still more aches and pains than I would like but I switched to 1 Aleve two times a day now instead of the 6 or 8 Advil and it seems to be helping. I just have to make sure I eat something with the Aleve.
Sorry to hear Suzanne is having such a difficult time with the pregnancy. Women are supposed to be enjoying this part of life, not feeling sick and crappy during it. KInd of takes the joy out having a baby, huh? I hope she gets to a healthier stage soon.
Thanks for that snowball, Anne! I do like a cooler temperature but definitely not snow!! My days of shoveling that "stuff" are over..... I couldn't live without my vacuumn and washing machine either! Can you imaging what my house would look like with Queenie's coat and no vacuumn? Don't even want to think about that one!
Tammy, we really like this financial guy...he was with MetLife...you know, the one with "Snoopey" from Peanuts? But he only seemed to have a mindset for one type of investment for our IRAs and we're still not sure it's what we want. Hubby and I need to sit down and discuss other options and make a decision before the end of Dec. I still think we are moving away from my GF up north....she still hasn't called me with a review of our stuff and I've told her 2 or 3 times we wanted to make some changes. That is annoying me big time so I am going to try to find a gracious way of saying goodbye.
Hubby is working most of the day today so I am going to try and get a pizza crust made for tonight. I definitely need an easy day for myself and poor Queenie can't get out for her usual long walks because of the weather. Good day for napping.....too bad I'm not that tired! Hope everyone enjoys their day. Bye for now.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:06 AM   #80  

Default Hey There

I finally got a email from 3FC. I have been going the long way around to get here.
I am glad for the rain although it is hard taking Christie out. She is not a happy camper. She usually does her business quickly in the morning. Today she was hard to deal with. So far this morning she won't eat.. I guess when she gets hungrey enough she will.But aside from that we really needed the rain.
I have been watching my weight pretty closely. I have managed to get off 8 lbs and am trying for 9 more.. WW set my goal pretty low.. I will play it their way. If I am not happy about it I will have my Dr. write a scrip to change it..
Christmas is still up in the air.. I haven't bought a card yet.. My hubby is not too cooperative this time of the year. Not a happy time for me..
Have a Great Day...Joanne
Old 12-06-2009, 05:49 AM   #81  

They did that to me too-dropped my goal by 4, But I am going to get there cuz I still have a belly. I tried my fibro dvd a couple of times and wow did my legs feel good after. Not supposed to do back bends with the spinal stenosis though.
We have an annuity that didn't lose ANY money last year, It doesn't make as much as others but it is safe in this crazy market.
We went tp the pageant yesterday-met our friends from back home . And has the kids and 2 others. It was awesome.And our friends loved it.
I have a little cold and I think it stayed little because I took Coldeze. I swear by it.
I will vouch for that rain-but it snowed back home.
Bye for now-we are going to the 8 am service. Mima
Old 12-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #82  

Where did you all go??? I hope you didn't just leave.

Sorry to not be here, but I have been working quite a bit, and just have no energy at the end of the day to get on the computer. Today is my only day off THIS week.

Mima - I hope your cold is better and that it didn't develop into something that mad eyou feel dreadful. Good for you trying a new exercise. What was it, please???

Joanne and Kate - you FINALLY got rain! Woohoo. We have had such terrible weather the past week. A blizzard started last Friday, making the highways a mess, so stayed home on the weekend. Then the wind came along, and drifted all the snow, and after that, starting Monday, we had -35 which is about the same in both F and C. Today is warmer, as it is only -16. Now you can try to imagine that it has warmed up 35 degrees and it feels like a heatwave. The sun is shining and the sky is pretty clear. That's winter in Alberta.

Tammy where have you gotten to. I hope the new meds are helping you out.

Well, better go do something - can't waste the only day off I have, although I sure feel like doing NOTHING! Baking it is!
Old 12-09-2009, 01:25 PM   #83  

Default Hey There

I'm here .I guess everybody is busy as I am.. They are predicting showers tonight. That usually means no rain.. We will see.. I got a little shopping done and hope to finish this week. I do not enjoy the holidays till that is done..
Today I finally found time to do a little house cleaning. Not my favorite thing to do..
Christie and I walk 5 miles in two sessions every day. I dread it till I get out the door..
Everybody have a good day...Joanne
Old 12-10-2009, 09:24 AM   #84  

I didn't post because there was nothing to post to. I do the fibro DVD by The Grove Appoach. Makes my legs feel great.
Got a good haircut by Connie at Walmart!!!
Did alot of my shopping online -Amazon has free shipping after $25 and good prices.
I gaine .4-haven't been faithful. After the holidays as long as I don't gain.
I took the Coldeze lozenges and didn't get real sick-still congested but it's so hot and humid,
My brother called-his FIL is dying and it's a blessing. Now they can come down here-they have a place an hour and a half away.
Going to the movies today to see the Blind Side. Heard it was good.
They had snow back home yesterday. Didn't miss it-sorry Anne,
Hi all-Bye for now. Mima
Old 12-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #85  

Good morning everyone. Yes, Anne....I'm still here too but busy too. It is that time of year I guess. I've been cooking and cleaning, cleaning and cooking... in that order! I finished up the meat pie filling for my tourtieres yesterday and will be making the pies up today for the freezer. My neighbor is from New Brunswick and her mom gave me their recipe.....delicious! I need to find a good tomato chutney to serve with them though. I finished packing small tins of fudge yesterday for a few impromtu gifts.
I ordered the trike for Queenie and I. Hopefully it will be here while hubby has his two weeks off so he can get it put together for me. This ought to be quite the chaotic adventure for both of us!! I'll try to get some pics to post....but promise...no laughing!!
We're having a quiet Christmas this year...no company so far. One friend and his wife will be here for a few days the end of January but so far no other "reservations". I don't think my sister is planning to come this year....she isn't doing all that well with her sciatica and refuses to move without a walker. She's afraid of falling again I think and it is very difficult for her to get up. I feel bad about her being so isolated back home but her daughter does get in there and help out some. It's more of an incentive for me to stay active and healthy seeing what she is dealing with. She has been a heavy woman all her life and hasn't taken the best of care...unfortunately, it's coming back to her now.
Shoulder is feeling almost like new. I get a little twinge once in a while and I still need a bit more mobility reaching behind my back but other than that I'm off and running again. I just hope this flu season bypasses both of us this year.....
Tammy, I believe you will be heading down this way soon, right? The weather here has been record high temps and we have had some serious rain. Today is very cloudy and very humid...it's in the 80's. had to turn the A/C back on....doesn't seem to be a break in this either. They had some terrible weather up in the northeast yesterday....probably send everyone down here now!! We could sure use some of that cool air right now!!
Hope everyone is doing well.....I'm off to make up those pies. I'll try to check back later!
Old 12-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #86  

SURPRISE ... I'm not dead. Just feel like it sometimes. I read a little but do not have time to try and play catch-up. Hope you have all been well. There has been so much going on here and not enough time to tell 'all' of that either. Long story 'short' ... we took a trip to NC and visited my folks, long over-due. Made me very tired but I really enjoyed seeing everyone. We had a family reunion Thanksgiving weekend, wound up being 40 of us there.

Daughter pulled the kids out of school. Neither were liking the new school and Jenna really hated it. She is homeschooling and I'm helping (just a little now and then) with that. She is still working 2 jobs so she needs a little help in the afternoons sometimes. Glad to do what I can. They came over and decorated my house for me for Christmas ... because ...

the Rheumatologist thinks I may have a torn rotator cuff now so I'm not supposed to use my right arm any more than I have to, so I'm trying to stay away from the computer as much as I can. BUT - I haven't forgotten you all. How could I, I've been talking with some of you for nearly 10 years now. YIKES ... I just can't believe it has been that long! We're growing old together! I told hubby last night that I had to get back on here and he said, "why". I said because some of those ladies know me better than a lot of my 'real world' friends do! And I don't want to lose touch with them. He doesn't seem to understand the bond we have. I'll try to check in more often. LOVE YOU GUYS!
Old 12-11-2009, 08:43 AM   #87  

Oh Meme! Good luck with that rotator cuff! If there is anything you want to ask me about, no matter how "personal" I will try to answer best I can. I have been through the surgery twice....thank God we only have two shoulders!!
On another note here, I am going to take a quiet day for myself today! Hubby has his company gathering for the holiday at noon and will be home early this afternoon. He never stays long at those things. My tourtieres came out excellent....we had one last night with some tomato chutney I made. I gave my neighbors each one and they really enjoyed them as well. I need a break today so I am going to take it easy. Hope everyone is feeling healthy and happy! Enjoy the rest of the day ladies!!
Old 12-11-2009, 07:40 PM   #88  

Here I am playing catch up again. I've been having some sinus aches and pains, so I haven't wanted to do much of anything. The Cymbalta has really helped with the pain though, so that is a good thing!

Anne, I dread thinking of my washer or dryer going out. Wow to your son building the house! That is great!

Mima, nice to send Suzanne the flowers. I'm sure that cheered her up a bit.

Kate, good for you for getting your cards finished. I keep thinking about it, and that's all the further I get. I didn't do any last year, and Bob had always helped me before. Just can't get in the mood. I agree with you about saying goodbye if she isn't going to work with you on the financial stuff. Tim and I leave 2 weeks from tomorrow! We will stay in southern Georgia on Sat. night, then we'll be at Vero Beach on Sunday. He flies home the 30th. He is hoping we can go to Cape Canaveral (is that what it is called now?) while he is there.

Joanne, hope it's easier for you to get to 3fc now. Wish I was coming over your way when I'm in Florida. If I come next year, I'll have to arrange it so I can hit Tarpon Springs. good for you for getting 8 pounds off! I'm still stuck where I was, but at least I'm not gaining anymore.

Meme, glad you were able to see some family! Sounds good! Ouch to the torn rotator cuff!!! Bob had that and had surgery. His doctor was very good looking and I mean GOOD LOOKING if you want to come to Ohio and have surgery!! I know what you mean about having a bond with the people on here. I totally agree. We understand what each other is going through on the fibro stuff, and so many people don't have a clue.

I went to the consignment shop today and took another bag of clothes. She asked if I have anything left in the closet since I've been taking in so much. lol "bought" a pair of navy corduroy pants, a maroon Christmasy vest, and a nylon type sweat suit. I had $12.00 on the books, so I didn't have to pay much for my purchases. I forgot a couple of things here at the house, so I think I'll take those in tomorrow.

Stopped at Kmart when I left there. I had a few things that I wanted for gifts. Once I got in there, I saw lots of things that just seemed perfect for the other gifts I needed, so I had a pretty full cart. Now to wrap. Bob's son and his wife were here last weekend and dropped things off for Tim, Lauren, and me. We weren't home. It's a good thing because I wasn't finished with what I was getting them and their boys. Still not finished!!
For Tim and Lauren, I am getting them things off of their gift registry at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Just makes sense to get them stuff they want for the apartment.

I'm doing a Jingle Bell 5k Run (I am walking) tomorrow morning. It's supposed to be mid-30's. Very thankful since it has been so cold and windy the past few days. I can do this! There are several of us doing it together, and we are all wearing antlers. I will probably be the only one walking, but that's ok. I walked the Breast Cancer 5k in July when the rest of them ran.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #89  

It took me 5 minutes longer to do the Jingle Bell Run this morning than the 5k that I did in July. It was only 18 degrees when we started. I learned that I am not coordinated enough when I am freezing to blow my nose and walk at the same time! By the end of it, I was also having trouble talking since I was so cold. It was fun though.

Wrapped a few presents earlier. Tim was leaving to go to Lauren's, so I sent a small gift with him. Now I'll go shop the gift regisitry!!

Hope you are all having a great weekend!
Old 12-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #90  

Well-hi y'all. Sorry about the shoulder, meme. Can they do therapy??
If you come this way, Tammy, I will have Brad drive me up.
Almost finished shopping. Brad took me to the shopping plaza and I got a new suitcase, a pocket book and 2 sweaters. Ross!! That's quite a store.
Suzanne and her husband are not having an easy ime. He won't go to marriage counseling and that's their only hope.Please pray for them.
Kate, you always make me hungry-what a cook.
We went to see the Blind Side and it was awesome.
Bye for now. Mima
Closed Thread