Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Default Fibromyalgia #187

Here's the new thread....will check back in a bit as hubby just came home from work. The job got rained out so another day off for him.
Kate53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:02 PM   #2  

Mima, did you talk to the doctor about the bleeding?

Kate, thanks for starting the new thread.

Had a wonderful massage this morning! I think I fell asleep.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:34 AM   #3  

Default Hey There

Tammy- You didn't tell us what your wonderful message was.. I am still wondering around trying to find face book friends sites. I must be doing something wrong. After about a hour I just give up.
It looks like I may be out of town when you come to Disney. Christmas will be up at our daughters..
Our daughter is on her way down for a few days. So I may be mia for that time. She keeps me busy and out of the house.. We go to the beach and mall,shopping. Or we just sit and crochet. I am making another baby blanket for my G/G/son to be born in October .
We took my sister Mary for a medical test (colonoscopy) yesterday. That took up half my day. I have to put away my sewing machine and straighten up the spare bedroom for the daughter who sleeps there.
Yes Mima. Call your Dr. about the bleeding. That doesn't sound right to me.
Kate- We got about 10 minutes of rain yesterday.If it was even that.. It always moves inland when it comes off the Gulf. I live about a mile from the Gulf.. My yard is dry.. I have some mexican sunflowers. Last year and this year they haven't bloomed. Everybody else who has them have had loads of bloom. They are over 10 feet tall now. If I get no flowers I am just going to cut them down.. Maybe take them out all but one. I may do that anyhow..
Meme- I haven't found you on facebook yet..
Hello Happy...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:22 AM   #4  

Good morning everyone. I sent out a private e-mail to those of you I could find here with my facebook e-mail address so you may look me up there if you choose. I apologize if I omitted someone; just let me know and I will gladly send along the info. I am so afraid of posting an e-mail address because of spammers!
Quiet day today...a bit cloudy but still warm and humid. Very lush....had lots of rain night before last. Joanne, those mexican sunflowers are soooo gorgeous! I almost bought one for my back corner to provide a "screen" from the neighbors. I don't think they bloom this time of year, do they? I'll have to check out the one down the street when I walk Queenie to see if it's in bloom...it must be about 25 feet tall and very full...the lady planted it as a hedge. I've decided to put in a bougainvilla instead as they like it very dry. We live about 2 miles inland from the Intercoastal. Lots of weather activity here past few days.
I'll put those dates on my calander, Tammy. I'm sure we will be able to get together if only for a quick visit somewhere here. I'll be the short, fat, gray-haired lady in a silver Mercury Mariner! I can give you my address and phone number if you e-mail that address I gave out.
Had a very constructive day with hubby home. He'll be working very late next few days to try and make up the lost hours, I'm sure. Thankfully I have already paid for my final dentisit visit for the permanent crown on Wed.....now to pay the end-of-the-month bills! Off to get something done around here. Need to go to the local produce stand for more veggies! Hope everyone enjoys the day.
Oh, and I called that orthopedic's office yesterday....my size 8 fit nicely through the phone!! I'll be scheduled by the end of the week!

Last edited by Kate53; 07-28-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:04 PM   #5  

Joanne, it was a massage, not a message. I'll be at Disney World itself from October 12-19. I'll be staying at the Saratoga Springs Resort. In December I'll be at the resort in Vero Beach, but I won't be going to Orlando.
Have a wonderful time with your daughter when she visits. We have had rain off and on. I wish I could send some of it down to you. I've never seen a Mexican sunflower. May have to look that up.

Kate, LOL to your description of yourself!! I'm not short, I do have gray hair that I cover with brown (lol), I'm fat, and I drive a silver Grand Caravan. See, we are almost twins! I sent you an email to that address, and I sent you a PM on here. I passed a stand with fresh produce after my classes this morning, but I was too pooed out to stop!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 07-29-2009, 02:44 AM   #6  

Quick note to all facebook friends. Others rarely call me Meme on facebook. Only my grandchildren. So when there, call me by my first name or my real world friends will either think you are nuts or think you are one of my grandchildren. LOL If you don't want to type out the whole name, just put the first letter, that's what my friend, Carol, does.

So much rain ... I honestly don't know where it's all coming from. Daughter said it was standing in the streets in town today. We made the Nashville news tonight with video of yards and streets standing in water. Rained all day long and a chance of scattered storms tomorrow then a 60% chance of rain Thursday and chance of rain in the forcast all the way through 'till next week. Poor old bones.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:45 AM   #7  

Good morning everyone. Hot and sunny so far here today. Just made some yummy looking stuffed portabello mushrooms....and maybe some Greek chicken tenders en papillote for tonight! Finally got my appointment for the MRI and bone density tests...next Monday at 8 am. Will have to make a decision about surgery right after that I guess. Will see the orthopedic the next day and get the final report. Not looking forward to any of this ...
I have been trying to cut back on my meds and have been very uncomfortable these past days. Nothing seems to be effective lately so I feel like I am taking this stuff for no reason...but as soon as I stop taking it or cut back on it, I feel even worse so there's no winning this war I guess! Not sleeping great either...hard to get comfortable with this "throbbing" going on. I think a nap might be in order today! At least my sweet Queenie has been very cooporative lately....it's almost like she knows I'm not feeling 100%.
Meme, I will try to remember the Facebook name. Memory has not been kind to me last few weeks. That's why I've cut back on the meds....perhaps that is causing it. Which is worse...not being able to remember stuff or being in discomfort?
Off to vacuumn the house...it's had too much "traffic" lately with hubby being home. Just had my permanent crown put on this morning. I'm thinking about buying a digital camera....Hope everyone enjoys their day!
Old 07-30-2009, 12:02 PM   #8  

Kate, no worries about the name. Know how you feel about the memory.

I just bought a new digital camara ... mine was stolen last year. Got it home and found out the SD memory card doesn't fit into my printer. Bummer. The last one I had did so I don't know what the problem is with this one. Now I'll have to load the software and figure out how to hook the camara up to the computer to download my pictures. Hate doing that.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:43 PM   #9  

Hello everybody. Been working too much and no play time.

Today is housecleaning day, so no playing today either.

Meme - I, also, just got a new digital camera. I got a Panasonic and it is wonderful. Easy to use, which is the most important thing for me. Hope you get it all figured out.

kate - glad that you are making headways with getting your shoulder fixed. Probably vacuuming isn't the best thing for you to do, in any case. Haven't done it for years. When I have taken a stab at it, it caused pain and a trip to the chiro.

I am on Facebook, but do NOTHING there. Don't have time to add another board to my life I signed up because I wanted to see my daughters photos that she had posted - went and looked at them, and never went back. My gkids aren't allowed on the "net" sites like that. They can play games etc., but that's about it.

Tammy - I am glad that you didn't push yourself and decided enough was enough. Wouldn't be wise. Sounds like you have some nice plans made for the rest of the year. Good for you.

Joanne - enjoy your visit with your daughter.

If anybody would like to see the photos I took on my holiday you can go here and have a look http://imageevent.com/happycanuk/mis...bawhp2.tiger_s

The girl in the pictures is my gdaughter Ashley. She is now 11 yrs old. Meme, remember when we came here, the kids were just little. Now they are growing up way to fast. You can click on SLIDE SHOW at the top left hand corner and it will start. If you want pictures larger, just click on original when the photos begin.

Have a good day.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:26 PM   #10  

Ok Meme, I guess I won't call you what your grandchildren call you. lol It was sprinkling a short while ago, and we've had rain off and on all week it seems.

Kate,good to know that Queenie senses when you aren't feeling the best. Maurice is the same way. Today he isn't feeling the best though. Not sure what's up, but I'll be headed to the vet tomorrow if it continues. Tim gave me a digital camera for my birthday/Mother's Day gift. I love it!

Meme, I have no idea how to get pictures from the camera to the computer. Think I need to hunt up the instructions.

Anne, I always enjoy your pictures, and I'm headed there when I finish typing this. Ashely can't be 11 already!
Old 07-30-2009, 06:40 PM   #11  

Ok. I'm ready to go to Denmark now. I would love Legoland. I read a book about it to my 2nd graders! Wonderful pictures!
Old 07-31-2009, 02:03 AM   #12  

I pop my memory card into my computer and it loads.....never hooked my camera up to anything.

Been kinda overwhelmed and blue latey..nothing is going right here with workers and such and I am so tired.....did get some leather furniture for family room downstairs..but I think it over powers the room...not sure how to make it work...love my relciner but sofa and loveseat look too big.....all taupe so the room has no color yet....I hate decorateing and shopping is even worse! Just want it all done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have not been on the computer much too busy......

I can't figure facebook out either.....I like to look at all the pictures my nieces put on there.
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:29 AM   #13  

Good "grumpy" morning everyone! Spent the day cleaning yesterday and took a fall on my wet foyer floor! Ouch! Really did my shoulder in with that one....had to lay there a few minutes before I could get up. Not feeling my best this morning either...tired and grumpy.
We're all talking about digital cameras now because I went out and bought one Wed. afternoon! A Kodak on sale from Best Buy and I love it! I can download the pictures either from the memory chip put directly into my computer or through a USB cord that came with it. It also has the capabilities of hooking up to a "docking" system to print pictures...have to buy that from Kodak seperately though. I would rather just download to my computer files. Now I need to find time to take some pictures!!
Candice, I know what you mean about feeling stressed out and "blue". I think this shoulder pain is more irritating than I want to admit....only because I really haven't accepted the idea of surgery yet. It's very frustrating to deal with because I don't like to be poked, prodded or disabled at this point in my life. I was hoping to age gracefully but it sure doesn't look like that is happening right now!
I think a nap is on the agenda for today. I need to get some meatballs and spaghetti sauce on first...then I will set the timer and lay down for an hour. Feeling like a big, crabby bit** today....not good! Bye for now....
Old 07-31-2009, 09:56 PM   #14  

Candice, sorry to hear things aren't going well for you. Wish I could help you out!!

kate, and good grumpy evening to you! Wish you were feeling better too! I really think we all just need to go away somewhere together and have fun.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:38 AM   #15  

Good morning. I had quite a busy week and our heads were spinning by the time we were done. Thurdsday night we went to a thai restaurant and it was deliscious. I ended the meal with fried ice cream and took 3 lactaid pills and was ok.Everyone but Fl seems to be getting rain.My dil and Evan are flying here today and my cousin's family is flying to Daytona beach. Auntie is alone but things got worked out so that people will be checking on her. One is me and she told me not to call everyday but she has my cell phone number, In a couple of days her son will be there.My dd was upset because I was not coming home permanently for birth which is March 31. I AM coming home-flying up for the birth and staying for a while but I need to stay in Ct. I do not drive on the highway and Ct is 1 and a half hours. They have a tiny house so I said I would stay in a motel nearby. It sounds absolutely ridiculous for me to be concerned about this at this time but I did bring it up-was not a good idea. It's hard that she is that far away and I don't drive on the super highways. It's hard that I am 71 years old and it's her first. Oh well. Jim is so excited-they want a boy and he wants a jr.
Gotta put stuff away. Brad put in the ac and it is so much less damp and smelly but it never gets cool enough for it to go on so we put it on when we leave.
Bye for now-Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote